It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Lanza's "Uncle" Busted By Federal Agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
www.thesmokinggun.com...

A man that had been released from federal prison earlier this year has been arrested by Federal agents for violation conditions of his parole.

The man was seen being interviewed by multiple media outlets presenting himself as the Uncle of Sandy Hook shooter, Adam Lanza.

In the interviews, he stated that Adam had mental illness, and was being treated with the anti psychotic drug, Fanapt.

Trouble is, this man is a known hoaxter, having been involved with multiple hoaxes involving the rich and famous, Justin Beiber being one among them.

This information, though unverified, was rapidly handled through the media outlets, proposing the entire mental illness issue now involved with the gun control issue.

Amazingly, the police did state they had thus far found no evidence Adam was being treated for mental illness, let alone taking any drugs.

Follow the link above for the actual documents on the Federal arrest, as this man violated his parole by leaving the state to travel to Sandy Hook to perpetrate the hoax.

He also video taped a lot of it, posting clips to Facebook and youtube. Very strange, as he also saw fit to attempt to involve himself with James Holmes and the Aurora shootings.

Most interesting to me, though, is how his accusations grew to be such a huge part of the gun debate, and it was a hoax. A hoax of information is leading a portion of the gun debate. Standing back and looking at how it evolved is impressive. Yet, how many people know he was a hoaxter?

edit on 31-12-2012 by Libertygal because: posted from my phone

edit on 31-12-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

ETA: quote from the article, no brackets on my phone:

" Riches, however, did turn up at a makeshift memorial site in
Newtown, where he identified himself to reporters as “Jonathan
Lanza,” uncle of the school shooter. As reported by the New York
Daily News and other media outlets, he told journalists that the
killer had been taking Fanapt, an antipsychotic drug prescribed
for the treatment of schizophrenia. As photographers snapped
away, Riches (seen below) dropped to a knee and feigned praying
for the young victims."
edit on 31-12-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

When Riches’s federal probation officer learned of the ex-con’s car trip to Newtown (and the existence of his YouTube travelogues), he drafted a report noting that he had “reason to believe that the supervised releasee has violated the terms and conditions of his supervision.” As seen in the below video, Riches’s auto contained dolls to which he affixed photos of Adam Lanza and the gunman’s older brother Ryan.

Me thinks this dude is a few grapes short of a bottle of wine...... Just a crazy looking for his 15 mins of internet fame.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Aquarius2150 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2012 by Aquarius2150 because: had too much wine, can't spell good...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Imposter or not, this guy has the diagnosis on the shooter bang on.
He was a nut, a loony, a frightened little coward too.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Good find and very interesting!

Just proves the old adage - "never let the facts get in the way of a good story!"

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Did you check out the article? He has been trying to get attention for a while.

He actually made the Guinness Book Of World Records for being the most litiginous person ever, so he wants more than 15 minutes.

His videos are really creepy, too. One is linked in the article. The dolls he made with Adam and his brothers faces on them were downright creepy. He knows it too, because he threw them in the floor when the cop turned him away from the Lanza house, so he is totally aware, although seemingly not with it.

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Libertygal because: t-rex thumbs!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Good find and very interesting!

Just proves the old adage - "never let the facts get in the way of a good story!"

That's what I'm sayin'. When you stop and think about it, they made very creative use if this, don't you think? It's become the primary pro-gun defense.

Not saying that in many cases it isn't true, I just found it fascinating that a totally invented stiry grew into what it did. Oh, by the way, almost all references in major news journals to the Fanapt are now mysteriously "updated". Not finding any real retractions on this.

Just silently editing it out like it never happened. Been many instances leading up to this by aware ATS posters seeing media changing online stories without acknowledging reporting errors. This really brings it home. Sadly, I don't expect to see any changes.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Noah Pozner's "aunt" arrested by NYPD also, for posing as a relative and collecting funds.

www.christianpost.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Noah Pozner's "aunt" arrested by NYPD also, for posing as a relative and collecting funds.

www.christianpost.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Heard about that. She supposedly aslo had FOUR sites set up taking donations for Hurricane Sandy victims, as well. Not her first rodeo, either. Seems a few of these people involved are rather famiar with gaming the system. I think this is what the state police Lt. was referring to about people using social media and they would prosecute.

Seems Adam's brother is also claiming his facebook was hacked, and his online interview was not really him.

Strange goings on. Good to see them being caught. Too bad the people that donated will probably not see their money back.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would have to say the first rule is "nobody gets their money back" in that despicable trade......
What the hell is happening to the society?
If nobody can see it crumbling from the inside out.....id be suprised.
Its like the morals and self dignity are the "bones" of the society, and with the degeneration of these, the rest cannot stand....

top topics

join