It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puma Punka is irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

And if you presented your theory in public for all to see, would say start rubbing head and start saying 'Oh I am not sure, maybe yes maybe not'. No one would even listen if it were presented as pure - oh by the way it is aliens. Don't think it so much, I am just throwing in random thoughts' - no one would even watch it. It's the public that has to be objective, can't blame the MESSENGERS

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Some of you seem to be missing the point. It is not that Puma Punku could not have been constructed by human beings. I am sure it could if current technology had been available to people who supposedly had not even invented the wheel then!! The whole point is that Puma Punku could NOT have been constructed using the simple tools that archaeology claims those living in that region then would have been using. I mean: huge slabs of granite with perfectly flat, smooth surfaces and deep holes drilled through them with spiral grooves. Let's see a modern stone mason cut and carve those slabs of granite from a quarry with only a copper chisel, a saw and knives!
Let's see him bore a six-inch wide, perfectly straight and circular hole ten feet into a solid block of granite using these tools! It can't be done and you know it, although some of you don't want to admit it. Some of the stones are cut in such a complicated way with such tight fits and smooth finishes that we would be be hard pressed today to simulate them even with powered machines and tools.

Now, if you are willing to admit that archaeology is wrong in believing that humans thousands of years ago possessed only primitive, simple kinds of tools - tools that to anyone with a brain would never have been up to the task of building Puma Punku - then I can have a discussion with you. But anyone who is not is merely letting his unwillingness to allow the possibility that academics can get it wrong get in the way of his common sense. Puma Punku is NOT about whether aliens built it. It IS about whether science has got it all wrong in claiming that technological progress is always a rising line and that peoples in the distant past never possessed technological capabilities that are comparable to what we have today.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I have to agree with your statement:

"We don't understand how something was accomplished, there for it means extraterrestrials must have done it."

Is not being opened minded. It is coming to a conclusion based upon a belief rather than evidence.

Not understanding how something may have been built is not final proof of anything except: we don't understand.

Period.

I could just as easily make the statemnt that Puma Punku was built by humans that were much more advanced than us, because we don't understand how it was done, therefor that is my proof: we don't understand, there for my theory must be the correct answer/conclusion.

It never ceases to amaze me that when we don't understand something, many people think that it MUST be aliens.

That type of thinking is the same as early humans seeing lighting and saying it was proof that the gods must be striking down someone or something. They didn't understand lighting, there for it MUST be the gods!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The people who dismiss ancient alien theory are the same people who believe that jesus christ rose from the dead, and created wine from water.

Really?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
We are talking about one of the oldest building sites on Earth. Puma and the surrounding buildings on that end of the lake have been astronomically linked to a building date of 15,000 BCE. Way before the Romans came to town....

The site around Tiwanaku is though to have been inhabited since 1500 BCE (15 HUNDRED), but the temples and buildings that are still there are from 500 AD and later.

The idea that it dates from 15,000 BCE (15 THOUSAND) is long regarded as being very wrong. Those were the ideas of Arthur Posnansky in his 1945 book "Tihuanacu, the Cradle of American Man". Subsequent archeological study of the area (and of pre-Columbian South American culture in general, which has gotten much more serious since 1945) have found that date to be way off.

Arthur Posnansky was a great archeologist, but he did not have the wealth of information about ancient South American culture that we have today, and he made a mistake base on the incomplete information.

There could certainly have been people in South America 17,000 years ago, but that does not mean that the structures still standing today in Tiwanaku and Puma Puntu are that old.

edit on 12/31/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Don't believe everything you see on tv. They blatantly lie repeatedly on that show

Oh yeah? Debunked already? And by whom? Mike Heiser?
Don't believe everything you read on internet. Valid argument isn't it?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If the Aztecs, Egyptians and the Incans knew how to make these massive megalithic buildings 2000, 3000, 5000 years ago, why did they not continue? Where are the contemporary on-going projects? Surely they still need to bury their dead, honor their leaders with massive tombs, and perform religious rites of all kinds as near to heaven as possible?

It's not like they ran out of stone to be carved, and modern technology should make it easier to build, not harder.

How, when and why did incredibly time consuming, labor-intensive work projects go out of style?

Because when I look at these cultures today, they seem to have all they can do to gather enough firewood and water for the day, herd a few llamas, alpacas and camels, and participate in very tribally-centered food production and bazaar-style shopping venues. Not a lot of leftover workforce (and surplus food) to be able to drum up a 100,000-man cut, haul and carve stone monument project to the glory of pharoah, king or god...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
If the Aztecs, Egyptians and the Incans knew how to make these massive megalithic buildings 2000, 3000, 5000 years ago, why did they not continue? Where are the contemporary on-going projects? Surely they still need to bury their dead, honor their leaders with massive tombs, and perform religious rites of all kinds as near to heaven as possible?...

Their culture died out. It happens.

The Romans built grand structures -- aqueducts, the Coliseum, the Pantheon. They had running water and sewer systems...
...that is until the Roman Empire fell. After that, people living in dark ages Europe stopped building those things.

edit on 12/31/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If this theory was already mentioned in this thread, I apologize outright.

I propose that the knowledge of how to make structures at Puma Punku were passed on by visitors to this region. Visitors from the outside realm, from across the great divide. I propose that a group of ancient Roman engineers (recent graduates), left Rome, searching for new challenges. Since it was so tough to break into the field, with all the politics, and other obstacles on that economy, they set out across the ocean to build a new utopia.

They landed in what is now known as South America, and descended upon the people from over a mountain top. The indigenous people encountered the visitors, claiming they descended from the sky. The Roman Engineers, being intelligent and welcoming their new found celebrity, lied, and said, "Yes! We are from the sky, and bring you knowledge of stone masonry. We will guide you to building a grand city of stone....."

And, so the work began. The Roman Engineers kept all this knowledge to themselves on how the mechanics were done, in their own private library. Then, one of the indigenous people discovered their lies, and broadcast a this to a drunken and angry mob, which stormed the building, burned down the library, and killed the men.

In the morning after, while nursing their hangovers, nobody could remember the activities of the night before, and when they found the burned down building and dead men, they all fell to their knees exclaiming that God must have smote them, and their dark ages began, and their society fell into ruin.

So, is this more probable a scenario than "Aliens did it". It has just the same amount of evidence to prove it happened, and is more likely to actually have happened, since all aspects of this theory are 100% plausible, with no extraterrestrial technology (or any technology that did not exists on the planet at the time).

Enjoy....

edit on 31-12-2012 by Krakatoa because: Replaced delivered with discovered, frigging auto-correct....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
The people who dismiss ancient alien theory are the same people who believe that jesus christ rose from the dead, and created wine from water.

Really?

I'm sure the dismissal is not limited to Christians, but rather includes most of the scientific community.

That's what happens when a belief system is presented as a scientific theory.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i firmly believe that even if aliens descended from the skies in front of all, there would still be skeptics trying to rationalize and come up with silly arguments. It's just in their blood, they cant help it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
i firmly believe that even if aliens descended from the skies in front of all, there would still be skeptics trying to rationalize and come up with silly arguments. It's just in their blood, they cant help it.

Descending from the skies and coming from space are two different things.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
how do we know the highly evolved ancient civilizations and the alien's weren't in collusion together , i mean there's an abundance of texts written by the ancients in reference to it. Indians, Sumerians etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Also, the debunking video failed to mention that the "sandstone" which the blocks were crafted from are identical to diorite. The only difference was the natural process by which they were formed. Not sure if it was a mistake, or the creators of the video are simply ignoring critical information to promote an agenda. It would seem, that if they made mistakes as big as that, that their whole documentary should be put under question as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I offer this, Human Kind is not progressing in our intelligence, we are getting dumber as we evovle. The world is like a giant sand box with a bunch of 5 yr olds fighting over the toy trucks.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by winofiend

I offer this, Human Kind is not progressing in our intelligence, we are getting dumber as we evovle. The world is like a giant sand box with a bunch of 5 yr olds fighting over the toy trucks.

The species has virtually not evolved since well before Egyptian times. Ten, twenty, or even thirty thousand years is just a blink of an eye in terms of species evolution. Humans today are virtually identical to humans from 25,000 years ago.

In fact, some people would say that humans today are virtually identical to humans from 100,0000 or more years ago -- although there was a "watershed" point about 50,000 years ago that humans possibly began to use their brains differently due to the use of language.

However, the point is that we can't see evolution happening -- it happens too slowly. Looking at how humans may misbehave in today's world is not indicative of "devolving".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Don't believe everything you see on tv. They blatantly lie repeatedly on that show

I had seen this program years ago and thought wow this is some great evidence proving humans couldn’t have done this but the video you posted completely debunks it. Thanks but I am sort of disappointed now. I will never believe a single thing from ancient aliens show again they blatantly lied about everything.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by misse2miss
Some people say that we have dorment dna that could be responsible for things like telekinesis. Also some say it involves the pineal gland and learning how to use your thrid eye. It is all very interesting!

Some people say that the universe rides on the back of a giant squid called Trevor...

IRM

Do they? Well i guess that's something that must be looked at.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That is truly one of the most important places if there is a possibility of ancient aliens. To not entertain even a thought of that is a bit immature in the thought process really.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
That is truly one of the most important places if there is a possibility of ancient aliens. To not entertain even a thought of that is a bit immature in the thought process really.

The most telling word in your response definitely is, "entertain". That is exactly the purpose of AA....to entertain, not educate. There is a big difference between the two, even though there does not have to be at all. You can still entertain, without failing to educate and embellish with non-facts. That is a point that Hollywood will NEVER understand...since they believe all the viewers have a 3rd grade education. Please don't prove them correct by believing the tripe AA is pedaling, verbatim. Grains of truth, yes, but still a work of fiction none the less.

They make money for their sponsors, that is their job. Their job is not to educate the public, using "boring facts". They make more money making up their own realities that allow them to weave a much more compelling story, therefor, selling more goods to the viewer.

That is the reality...I'm sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings, but, sometimes the truth hurts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join