It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS LAND IS MINE. Brilliant Animation about the wars in the land called Israel.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This taught me lots.
I wish history in schools wasn't so biased and we could learn about stuff like this.
Apologies if this has been posted before.... I searched.

THIS LAND IS MINE by Nina Paley

Published on Oct 3, 2012
It tells the story of the wars in the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant, since the cavemen until today, all so musical and poetic.
Reference and original, including an explanation about each character in this video:
blog.ninapaley.com...
edit on 28-12-2012 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
loved it

All that killing for a patch of dirt. Its pretty sad when you think about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

I enjoyed this, thank you for sharing it

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Different pieces of land have changed hands quite a bit over time, not just Palestine.

This practice was supposed to end because we are more enlightened or educated etc.

However, in 1947, after the defeat of Hitler, Zionist Jews decided that this practice of invading and conquering was still a good one.

And of-course since then, the US has embarked on invading and conquering...

WTF?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Brilliant piece, almost like an artwork to wake you up after a looooooong sleep.
I love art and every thing related to culture, that's what makes it worth living. Without the art and the edge within, I think I would just vanish slowly.

That animation was not just smart but it was making me feel so dumb and small towards all the family differences.
It also made me take even more distance on the case where the siblings of my mother who annexed land that was given by my grandmother to her children (who are my aunts and such).

Let them have it all and rot

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink
loved it

And there aren't even any significant natural resources on it. They're fighting over the one piece of land in the Middle East that doesn't have oil. Even fighting over resources is childish, but fighting over an entirely fictitious idea that a piece of land is "holy" (whatever that's supposed to mean) is just absurd.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink
loved it

And there aren't even any significant natural resources on it. They're fighting over the one piece of land in the Middle East that doesn't have oil. Even fighting over resources is childish, but fighting over an entirely fictitious idea that a piece of land is "holy" (whatever that's supposed to mean) is just absurd.

its beyond resources or strategic importance, its even beyond 'holy'.

This is a battle between the 2 unseen forces that influence this world; and it will end on that land.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Zionists think that they can make up for their vicious actions by migrating to other places.

But it is not going to help.

What I do is within myself. There is no escape.

Unless I migrate inside.

Teach the Zionist these facts and tell them that they don't have to hide behind lies.
edit on 29-12-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Th3MissingLink

And America never killed anybody for a "patch of dirt".

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
every patch of land on this planet has blood on it.. The human race are just warmongering pack animals with advanced technology which mostly was invented with the intention to kill other humans..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
1 Corinthians 10:26 For "the earth is the LORD's, and everything in it."

It's all God's land. When he evicted the amorites and gave the land to Israel ever since then Satan has tried to control that land because it is the land of God's people, Where God dwelled among his people first in the tabernacle then in solomon's temple, then in Herod's temple and will dwell among his people to come for all generations. It's a spiritual battle for control of the holiest spot on earth. Satan wants it to stop his judgement and control the earth and eliminate God's people.

Psalm 47
1Come, everyone! Clap your hands!

Shout to God with joyful praise!

2For the Lord Most High is awesome.

He is the great King of all the earth.

3He subdues the nations before us,

putting our enemies beneath our feet.

4He chose the Promised Land as our inheritance,

the proud possession of Jacob’s descendants, whom he loves.

Interlude

5God has ascended with a mighty shout.

The Lord has ascended with trumpets blaring.

6Sing praises to God, sing praises;

sing praises to our King, sing praises!

7For God is the King over all the earth.

Praise him with a psalm.a

8God reigns above the nations,

sitting on his holy throne.

9The rulers of the world have gathered together

with the people of the God of Abraham.

For all the kings of the earth belong to God.

He is highly honored everywhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Specfreakingtacular. NOBODY over there is innocent, not the Israelis, not the "Palestinians", not Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, or Arabs. They are murdering each other for dirt. They all want what the other guy has. Nobody is defending anything, because they are all aggressors.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
This taught me lots.
I wish history in schools wasn't so biased and we could learn about stuff like this.
Apologies if this has been posted before.... I searched.

THIS LAND IS MINE by Nina Paley

Published on Oct 3, 2012
It tells the story of the wars in the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant, since the cavemen until today, all so musical and poetic.
Reference and original, including an explanation about each character in this video:
blog.ninapaley.com...
edit on 28-12-2012 by manmental because: (no reason given)

this music video shows the evolution of mankind from beginning of man from the big bang to the cavemen until today, also so musical and poetic.
enjoy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

LOL what does America have to do with it. Name one nation that hasn't killed for there patch of dirt.

Its just sad because thier is plenty for everyone. Yet we still kill eachother fot it pretty much out of ego.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Th3MissingLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Amen to that...Who could not agree with that face!...And i mean that in the most respectful way possible of course..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you like this, watch Sita Sings the Blues. She's an amazing talent, thank you Nina Paley.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

it is really odd.
speaking of religions that land belongs to monotheistic religions. all together.
speaking of nationality that land belongs to Palestinians from Jews to Christians or Muslims.
so why do I use the word Palestine ! so which word should I use. let them participate in a referendum to select their government and name themselves. a referendum for Palestinians or whatever else they call themselves of Jews, Christians, Muslims including exiled ones.
let UN make that Land a safe place for all monotheistic religions. those who all of them believe in one God and the last day. those who all of them respect Abraham.
this is a big lie. very big lie. the elites' lie. if monotheistic religions can not get along with each other then who can get along !
the corrupted leaders ! they are atheists !! even not atheists but animals !!! oh even not animals but worse !!!!

edit on 29-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

After 1947? It's amazing that you can write such an ignorant thing like that and receive so many stars,

Zionist immigration began in the late 19th century (bout 1860s), the first Zionist congress was in 1897. The Belfour declaration, which promised Palestine as a home for the Jewish people was issued in 1917. In 1937, the Peel commission of 1937 rejigged the Palestinian puzzle by splitting Palestine a further two ways (after creating a state for the Hashemite prince Abdullah in Jordan, as a thank you from the British for their support against the Ottoman Turks in WWI) between the remaining Arabs of Palestine and the Jews. By WWII, the Zionist enterprise had been in full swing for a half a century. Only ignorant morons think Jews must "decided" to jet off to Israel after the war as recompense for Nazi crimes. However, the holocaust did confirm the basic premise of the Zionist mission: that Jews would never be able to live free from persecution unless they had a state to call their own.

Initially, the Arabs didn't have much of a problem with it. Only with the machinations of Haj Amin Al Husseini did the Arabs begin to fret over the prospect of a self-autonomous Jewish state in the traditional territory called "dar al Islam". I.E, it was archaic and outdated Islamic theological notions which prevented co-existence between Jews and Arabs.

Since then, until today, oil and Islam prevent peace between the Jews and Arabs in the holy land. Until Oil becomes obviated (a nightmare of the sheikhdoms) Islam will continue to inform Arab policy towards Israel.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ahhh, the old good vs. evil ploy. Show me proof, dude. There is none. It's in the Scripture
You say???? Script means paper i believe and paper is thin. Paper thin. Even worse...
Bible paper thin....the only evil are the ones that wish to control the ignorant sheep.
Stop being a sheep....be a shepherd and leed others with action. Sheep don't listen
To words, they follow guidance via action. Move my brother. Talk is for the weak
And the politicians

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

This is really interesting - I have been looking for a long time for a better (clearer? More objective?) history of that part of the world. Can you direct me to some sources (on- or off-line) where I can study this a bit more?

Thanks -

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join