It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structure like Pyramid on far side of the Moon...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this video, and really don't know what to think. Seem that there is a big "mountain"(?) structure (?) like Pyramid on these coordinates: 16°18' N, 86°10' E, on the Moon. The YouTuber use some filters to evidence the anomaly.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There's no such thing as the 'dark side of the moon.'

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

yes there is. It is the name we have given the side of the moon we don't see from earth.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

He meant farside

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Well at least he corrected it.
edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Google Moon again ? , because we all know what a reliable research tool that is .
Is this thing really there or is it another Google Moon anomaly , if it is there does it even look like that or has Google Moon made a mountain out of a mole hill ........ original pics or it didn't happen .

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Error in height map data.. again.

Or

Secret hidden pyramid on the moon oops nasa forgot.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Theres a moon with a pyramid on the farside?
I thought it was a hole in the fabric that covers the world from the sight of the giant sun eating space goat and the big bright thing in the sky at night was Gods eye looking over us and making sure we don't do 'things' in bed?.
Man i need to lay off the sugar

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What the heck did I just watch Arken (whose one of my favorite posters) ?

I understand the concept of digital photos developing in sections as it downloads onto our computer but at 1:25 it literally looks like that entire area of interest materialized in front of my eyes and turned direction. And if that weren't strange enough, the 'pyramid' just decided to light up? I am beyond confused (if not insulted) for having watched that.

I don't blame you for this because you're just sharing what you found
but I feel I just took ten steps further away from our truth.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I think Pink Floyd may disagree with you! LoL
edit on 28-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Checked the alleged area of the pyramid with Quickmap which appears to be just North of Goddard B. There appears to be a slight 'bump' there but the height of this bump is much lower than than the crater wall unlike the Youtube vid showing the 'bump' much taller than crater wall. Crater wall is about 500m high. Not that Google Earth material should be taken too seriously most of the time...

On a related note, if you want to see some real bind bending stuff on the moon from a serious source, please go buy a pair of anaglyph glasses (or make one yourself follow the simple instruction on the linked thread) and check out the anaglyph picture of a crater showing lots of structures and objects in and around it in 3D.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nice find.

I find the stuff around it far more interesting, but i'm crazy.

edit on 29/12/2012 by pinobot because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes there is, it's the side of the moon that doesn't face the sun at any particular moment.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Yes there is, it's the side of the moon that doesn't face the sun at any particular moment.

I dont think there is a dark side because the moon rotates as well. So maybe someone in australia can see a part of the moon that someone in the United states cant.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe Karl Wolfe knows?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

At any given moment, 50% of the moon will not be facing the sun, that side of the moon will be dark, therefore the dark side of the moon.

The far side of the moon is obviously the side we never see from Earth, which is what the OP is talking about.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This thread needs to be retitled "Is there a dark side of the moon."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Is this really how far ATS has sunken?

The video is created with some video editing software or video game in demo mode for god sake, What possible reason do you have for wasting 2 brain cells taking the time to even consider this is real or important in any way?
edit on 30-12-2012 by sconner755 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join