It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nazca Lines Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just finished to read this one. I've been in Nazca a few times and must say not too many places like this in the world.

I will check for an english version, meanwhile a translation from a local source (notice the size of the geoplyph) :

Members of the Department of Anthropology and Archaeology at Bristol University in England discovered a new figure in the Lines of Nazca (Ica). It is a circular maze and was found after five years of research.

The new geoglyph is more than 4 km long and would have been created between 1500 and 2000 years.

Also unknown function of this figure, however was allegedly made ​​on grounds of religious or mystical.

In addition, the irregular shape that has suggested that it was not intended for that could be seen from the air.

www.rpp.com.pe...

www.radiopanamericana.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Got it :

A large labyrinth lies in the midst of Peru's Nazca Lines, according to the most detailed study on the enigmatic desert etchings created between 2,100 and 1,300 years ago.

Completely hidden in the flat and featureless landscape, the labyrinth was identified after a five-year investigation into the arid Peruvian coastal plain land, about 250 miles south of Lima, where the mysterious geoglyphs are located.

"As you walk it, only the path stretching ahead of you is visible at any given point," Clive Ruggles of the University of Leicester's School of Archaeology and Ancient History, said.

Ruggles and colleague Nicholas Saunders of the University of Bristol's Department of Archaeology and Anthropology walked more than 900 miles of desert, tracing the lines and geometric figures carved between 100 B.C. and 700 A.D. by the Nasca people. They reported their findings in the December issue of the journal Antiquity.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I posted this a while back, it's so interesting! Here's a link to my thread, but not a lot of responses. Hopefully yours gets more.

S&F

Link

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Oh!...I'm so sorry and thanks for let me know. Please accept my S&F to your thread,

Please mods, close my thread.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

No, no, no! I wasn't asking you to close your thread.....this stuff is fascinating! Please don't close it, there may be new folks who missed the other thread but would see this one.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Trueman

No, no, no! I wasn't asking you to close your thread.....this stuff is fascinating! Please don't close it, there may be new folks who missed the other thread but would see this one.

I know you didn't ask me to close this thread, I just wanted to make justice to your effort to make a thread. Thank you again.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It kind've looks like a ... No wait, never mind.

I'll be good. Just don't rotate the picture 90 degrees to the right...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Haha....let me guess, you were about to say "Norway Spiral"

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I'll be good. Just don't rotate the picture 90 degrees to the right...

Oh, do...it's worth the effort.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

when you went there, did you get to fly over them? otherwise what's the point? can only see them from the sky right... or from a vantage mountain peak overlooking one...

cool to see a newly found one... how is it that it went undiscovered for so long??

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Promise to answer your question as soon as I get home.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by Trueman

when you went there, did you get to fly over them? otherwise what's the point? can only see them from the sky right... or from a vantage mountain peak overlooking one...

cool to see a newly found one... how is it that it went undiscovered for so long??

I'm sorry I couldn't answer you earlier, working too many hours lately.

Is not entirely right to say the Nazca Lines can't be observed unless you fly over, but certainly is the best way. The Panamerican Highway crosses the area right in the middle. I was in peru when I was young (long, long time ago), and used to travel around that amazing country a lot, mostly hitchhiking with just my backpack. So as you can imagine, a plane wasn't affordable.

There is a big tower in Nazca I used to climb, from there you can see some of the lines very well. I don't remember paying for that. Also, there is a hill in the area that people used to climb to have a good view, I don't know if that is allowed today, but in those years it was easy to get as close as you wanted to the lines.

Here is a link about the tower I just told you.

www.mysteryperu.com...

Also, try this 360 view right from the top of the tower, there you'll see the hills I mentioned.

www.360cities.net...#-51.67,13.13,70.0

edit on 28-12-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Found this just recently. www.noticiasenperu.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Incaroca

So it's still to be confirmed by locals. Hmmm, I wish I have coordinates to put in google earth.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Clearly the Nazca lines are advertising. "Hummingbirds next exit, Spiral inter-dimensional gateway just ahead, etc."
All the pyramids are road markers.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Great thread, The Nazka lines are fantastic. They run for miles, you just have to mind the gaps.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

I invite you to spend 30 minutes looking at those lines on Google Earth. Then see if you believe they are simple.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Looks like an ear receiving sound!

new topics

top topics

join