It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate to introduce bill and it includes handguns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
The wording in this bill really makes my blood boil. She is taking the plays right out of the playbook for future confiscation. Forcing the grandfathered weapons to be registered for later confiscation is how it should read because that is the intent here.

Also according to this my savage bolt action 17hmr would now be illegal under this ban because it has a thumb hole stock.

edit on 12/27/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Keep in mind afaik, we don't know how much money it will take to register your grandfathered weapons with the atf. If its several hundred dollars, there is no way most gun owners could even afford to keep their weapons.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grownshow

if memory serves me as it is now a class 3 weapon takes a 200$tax stamp,as well for silencers/suppressors

and then 5 dollar tax for destructive device or AOW so alot will depend on the proposed tax im just gonna have to hope this nonsense does not pass

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Now you know why DHS bought amo, it's next on the ban/high tax list.

Tenth ammendment. Can't say it enough. If your state didn't reaffirm during the first term, write and urge your congress critter to do it NOW.

You think it is coincidence this bill is coming to the house at the exact time we have the Fiscal Cliff, Milk Cliff (seriously?), and the debt ceiling? The dems new specialty is to hook all bills into one, and shove it down our throats as an emergency.

Look at the Hurricane Sandy Bill if you have not. Spending that is not related to anything hurricane, lots if toys and goodies for their pork loving friends.

Mark my words, all they have to do is attach it to the Cliff/debt ceiling fiasco, have one iota of anything military spending or budget, and Republicans will silently vote it through.

Be ready to be totally disgusted with your government if you like or own a gun, regardless of which side of the aisle you are on, both are about to betray you. Dems are power and control hungry, and republicans are spineless.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am a bit surprised that she has/had a ccw permit. Thanks to those who pointed that out, regardless those many of those who support such bills have no experience with firearms, the will blindly support any propasal that sounds like it will make them safer.

I do feel that most in the US are treated as serfs while the elite are free to do what they want. Gun control is no different, seems like they are trying to levy another tax that many responsible gun owners can not afford.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
hello everyone,
I have a dumb question.If i bought lets say a banned gun on the list a couple years ago leagally can i still own it after the ban happens?From what i read on the bill i just cant hunt with it or sell it and if i grandfather it to a kid i will have to get it registered and possibly pay a tax on it right?So my point is i can still own it right?I hate the fact that you can buy a gun legally several years ago then have to give it up with out fair compensation.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow, if I were a criminal or a terrorist, I would for sure support this bill. The ease with which crime can be gotten away with when there is no resistance to be met makes this kind of legislation a wet dream for anyone looking to advance their career in crime or terrorism. If Osama bin Laden were still alive, he would have a new hero in Dianne Feinstein. Maybe this will cause more youngsters to take up a life of crime when they otherwise wouldn't have; such a lifestyle is more appealing with the risks removed.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by camaro68ss

Notice owners of grandfathered weapons will be required to pay to register them and be fingerprinted???

Violation of the 5th amendment.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Wow, if I were a criminal or a terrorist, I would for sure support this bill. The ease with which crime can be gotten away with when there is no resistance to be met makes this kind of legislation a wet dream for anyone looking to advance their career in crime or terrorism. If Osama bin Laden were still alive, he would have a new hero in Dianne Feinstein. Maybe this will cause more youngsters to take up a life of crime when they otherwise wouldn't have; such a lifestyle is more appealing with the risks removed.

About 80 cops killed in the line of duty last year......but jane and john doe dont you bother yourself none.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by othello
hello everyone,
I have a dumb question.If i bought lets say a banned gun on the list a couple years ago leagally can i still own it after the ban happens?From what i read on the bill i just cant hunt with it or sell it and if i grandfather it to a kid i will have to get it registered and possibly pay a tax on it right?So my point is i can still own it right?

Yea, but you got to go down to the boot licking center, get down on your knees and lick someones boots and then let them take money out of your pocket for the "exstended/modified 2nd amendment rights package". All government approved naturally in the latest infringement bill.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grownshow

Originally posted by SpaDe_
The wording in this bill really makes my blood boil. She is taking the plays right out of the playbook for future confiscation. Forcing the grandfathered weapons to be registered for later confiscation is how it should read because that is the intent here.

Also according to this my savage bolt action 17hmr would now be illegal under this ban because it has a thumb hole stock.

edit on 12/27/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Keep in mind afaik, we don't know how much money it will take to register your grandfathered weapons with the atf. If its several hundred dollars, there is no way most gun owners could even afford to keep their weapons.

Which is a clear infringement on the right.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by othello
hello everyone,
I have a dumb question.If i bought lets say a banned gun on the list a couple years ago leagally can i still own it after the ban happens?From what i read on the bill i just cant hunt with it or sell it and if i grandfather it to a kid i will have to get it registered and possibly pay a tax on it right?So my point is i can still own it right?I hate the fact that you can buy a gun legally several years ago then have to give it up with out fair compensation.

If this runs to form on Feinstein for details and patterns after California's law, then no, you won't be able to retain your 'banned gun'. California suckered everyone in the start by talking about grandfathering and how the mandatory State firearm registration they put into place would never be used to confiscate or force surrendering of 'banned weapons'.

Well..If people fall for the same stunt twice, I don't know what to say...because after California got their laws in place...mere possession on the weapons and magazines became a crime soon enough and where or when you got it doesn't mean squat if it's on their ban list. It's a contraband weapon.

(Or more specifically.....if your weapon isn't on the APPROVED list. A gun is presumed banned by default unless their state approved list of specific makes and models includes it. Just the finish on the exterior can be enough change to make it banned from one on the list.)
edit on 27-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
it will be added to the NDAA, bet on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Can they introduce a Budget first, and also keep us from going over the Cliff?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Juggernog
Man I cannot stand that woman, never have.
California just needs to get the F out of the union, then they can do what in the hell they want.

hey, wait a minute....i live in california...for every $1.61 we pay in fedral taxes, we only get back $1.00. we're getting tired of supporting other states. give us our tax money back, and we'll be glad to cut you welfare-taking thieves off, and start our own country. put up your own money, and pay your own way. just so you know, i'm not too fond of her either.

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time! California is supporting the other states?!!?

You complain about other states abusing the welfare system?!?!?

Kalifornia is a liberal cess pool that goes against 75% of what the REAL country feels and thinks.
A prime example is the idiots at Berkley. Seriously so many people in California have no clue about the rest of the country or how we live, work & play.
Same goes for NYC and LA........

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So, are Congressmen and Senators included in this proposed bill? Or, are they excempt, as always?

You know, they show how they really feel about us peons, through the bills they pass. They think the U.S. citizens are crazy, infested, uneducated idiots. They like us that way.

The far left politicians are the worst, for doing what they can to keep the 'little people' little and irrelevant. They only refer to them and walk among them (us) during election season. Other than stirring us up for photo ops, they much rather we stay down, quiet, and dumb.

It's like if one of us is a bad kid and uses his toy innappropriately, then we all lose our toys. That is how they see us, like children. Only much worse, since we actually protect our children and teach them to survive on their own. Our goverment would much rather we didn't know how to survive. They don't want us killing each other, either. God forbid we stir the pot! (Ticks 'em off they have to do more paper pushing or tv appearances.)
edit on 27-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
NO laws are being broken..if it passes.

Your fore fathers did not state the government cannot limit you people to the type of, how many guns or how much ammunition you can have.

They just stated you can own a gun. It is up to the government and state government on what the limits can be.

Your rights are not infringed if you own a gun. They are not infringed if there are limits.
edit on 27-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I guess e will end up unarmed slaves to the state. Take our money, our guns, our retirement, our jobs. I cannot believe this crap. My grandfather faced these exact same issues. Nazi Germany. Even worse my close friend who was able to get out of the USSR when it was under communist rule says the United States has become more like the old USSR and in some ways worse. Total corruption at the highest levels of government. This is very bad. Calling my representative and letting him know I do not approve of this bill. Such BS,.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here's where I see this headed.

Mandatory registration of all guns.

Many won't comply either because of expense or just on principle.

It will gradually become very expensive to hunt.

Bag a deer? Game warden shows up to check registration on the gun you used. Stiff fines result. They get your money one way or the other.

Gradually, honest gun owners are compelled to comply with registration requirements.

Outright confiscation is close to impossible, but there seems to be a plan to bleed gun owners to death financially.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
***This post is purely speculation. I neither endorse nor do I encourage illegal activity***

What I see happening is when this illegal law (or any illegal law) passes, people will register a firearm, but not all of them. I imagine that there will be a large underground among law-abiding folks that do want to adhere to the Constitution. I imagine that there will be many false-backed closets, AC grills that actually have hinges (to hide weapons), and any number of hiding places for firearms.
We have been inundated by movies with cops having "throw-away" pieces for bad-guys and other bad pursuits. I can imagine our society making room for another industry to provide such items.

Again, just speculating.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I can't help but notice that registry bit at the end..... Yeah.. So under her rape of the Constitution, we can't have national ID required at a voting booth but you will have a federally enforced registry of firearms?

This is California's gun laws in a nut shell..what she is proposing. I LOVE the fact that level of nanny state anti-gun extremism is a wonderful thing in HER state. It's damn near enough to fight over in the Midwest. If this passes the house...it'll make those divides among the citizens and sides too deep to ever really repair.

This isn't a compromise gun bill....This is "We get 100% of everything we've ever dreamed of...so take it and like it."

This literally can't do MORE and stay right of the Constitution.....and I highly DOUBT all the banning and "exempting" passes this Super Court anyway.

Keep something in mind....HER state doesn't have a gun ban list. It has a gun "approved" list. If your gun isn't listed by make, model AND EXTERIOR Finish....it is PRESUMED BANNED and hence a crime to possess in California. That is what this woman would LOVE to ultimately see done nationwide. That is, to not even tell us what we CANNOT have ...but to go so far as to flip it and tell us what little WE ARE PERMITTED to have by their good graces.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Actually it's not a crime to possess, only to purchase. I can legally (and I have before) purchase a FNP .45 tactical in the state of california or a USP tactical, or a SOCOM 45, etc...

Jaden

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join