It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Tebow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I really applaud this young man for his character and integrity even after the criticism and disrespect that he has received from his teammates coaches and media.
so what do you guys think about this young man and what would you do differently if you were him?

edit on 27-12-2012 by meggiddo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
nothing,i think he handles his self just fine,regardless of religion and.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't care what his religion is. His skill as a QB is not NFL caliber, however, as we have seen this season. At least not after his rib injury.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012

so what do you guys think about this young man and what would you do differently if you were him?

edit on 27-12-2012 by meggiddo2012 because: (no reason given)

Get a job in the PR department of the NFL. God knows he's been getting enough press lately, he should know how it all works. In fact, he probably knows that process better then the position of quarterback.

He comes across as a pretty good guy. Naive, but good. I'll give him that, but that's where the admiration stops for me. All of his personal characteristics aside, the man makes decent money as a second string quarterback in the NFL and, truth be told, he's just not that good. Yeah, he won the Heisman in college, but that's college. I've been watching football long enough to know that the transition from college ball to pro ball is one not a lot of players can make successfully. Especially at the quarterback position. Take the Wildcat for instance. He excels at that play and it can work wonders in college, but in the pro's it's looked at as a trick play. Something you can only get away with once or twice before the defense gets that number and manhandles it.

The biggest thing that cued me to the fact that Tebow doesn't know the game well is that he expected a lot going to the Jets with Rex Ryan in charge. Ryan is a defense oriented man. His brother's in charge of the defense in Dallas and their old man was the same way when he was coaching. in my opinion, Tebow, a Heisman winner with a passion for the game, could've done better because Ryan had no interest in making Tebow a better quarterback. Nothing personal, but that not where Ryan's priorities lie.

What Ryan did to cause all this fuss in the first place isn't unheard of in the NFL. Coaches do it a lot. Is it a dirty move? By all means. But it's not illegal if that sort of thing isn't stipulated in the quarterback's contract, which I'm assuming it wasn't.

Again, Tebow may be a nice guy, but he really is naive to the whole process. He needs to find a coach who's more offense oriented, can recognize Tebow's talent and passion and work it 'till he's more experienced. Maybe then he can be a franchise quarterback, but if not, he can then take his talent elsewhere and be more beneficial to the game as a whole. As it stands now, all he has is a cheering section for his good behavior. Sorry, but the NFL doesn't pay out money for that alone.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This whole saga reminds me of Doug Flutie.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think tebow is an awesome person! he walked by me at a game at UF years ago and he was huge then, I can only imagine now...but...I applauded all he does to help children and create a positive attitude in the world. We need more people like that! ...the world would be a better place if more people had his attitude and drive to help others. I'm not necessarily saying push religion on others, but it's the acts of kindness that change people. ...as for football, ...I hope he succeeds and soon! I hope he can prove all the critics wrong. ...it seems that today, our sport idols are all carrying guns into bars, driving drunk, and are thugs! The news media loves the gossip, and the bad boys like michael Vic get more chances than the real hero's of the world. These quarter backs are idols to children, and they get paid ALOT of money to play, and they need to remind them that children look up to them. They need to be hired on the basis that they represent the NFL , and will be terminated perminantly from the NFL league when caught acting like a thug. You get fired from ordinary jobs , why not the NFL?...and I'm not asking every little wrong thing that someone does, but the thug attitude has penetrated the NFL.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

My sister used to love him until she saw him kiss that other player on the lips after a good play. Right there on the field.

ikkkkkkkk

edit on 27-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If I were him, I would have switched to tight end or running back. I don't know if I think he should, I'll save that judgment until after his first year in Jacksonville.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I have to agree that he is not NFL worthy. He will pull off a few years but that is it. His throwing techinque was way beyond conventional when he entered. Dipping the shoulder as much as he did is not good as you telegraph your throw to the defense and that is the point of no return. He should go for a different position but I don't think he will last long at any position. He will make a good preacher.

top topics

join