It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video of UFOs over Santiago, Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I came across this video of unusual objects or lights over Santiago, Chile.

At first I thought that it might Chinese lanterns, but the fact that the lights sparkle, suggests that these are not Chinese lanterns.

I thought about these being perhaps RC planes or RC helicopters, but the lights seem to be so still during the start, and then start to make formations, and the lights appear to be quite high high as well.

They are also quite bright even though they seem to be very far away, so I don't think that the objects in the video are RC planes or RC helicopters either.
Any thoughts?
edit on 27-12-2012 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I have seen videos like this one before. Those were lanterns. Moisture in the air will cause the light to appear to flicker, like in the video you posted. By looks alone, I think what we are seeing, is indeed lanterns. jmoho...

Keep looking though, someday we may actually see a real UFO posted on youtube.

Des

edit on 27-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL, where do i get me some chinese lanterns with propulsion and computers to orchestrate formations

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Well those would have to be some massive Chinese lanterns as the lights do appear to be be at a distance . Also with how fast they were moving in different directions and just appearing out of nowhere I highly doubt they are Chinese lanterns . Could be cgi .. I will try to see what else i can dig up on this .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Almost every video from Chile have all been the same: planes.

These are planes formation flying like they always do in most videos we get from Chile. The blinking lights are the strobe lights on the planes. Then after the 2:00 mark, the planes turn on their landing lights. 3 lights each: one on each wing and one on the front landing gear.

No UFO's here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
From seeing previous videos on here recently these lights are the Chilean Air Force display team practising night menouvers, ill see if I can find the links for the other videos.

Oh and that's not my words, another poster on the other videos had claimed it was the Chilean airforce. Anyways I'll see if I can find the links to the other videos

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Phage puts a link on the first page reguarding the Chilean air force
edit on 27-12-2012 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added link

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It could be ball lightning.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Or the Chilean air force

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Never saw any air force have planes that sparkle.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Almost every video from Chile have all been the same: planes.

These are planes formation flying like they always do in most videos we get from Chile. The blinking lights are the strobe lights on the planes. Then after the 2:00 mark, the planes turn on their landing lights. 3 lights each: one on each wing and one on the front landing gear.

No UFO's here.

Quoted for sanity/truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Never saw any air force have planes that sparkle.

Not sparkling. Distance + blinking airplane lights + clouds + atmospheric conditions + camera instability + camera's internal steady shot trying to compensate for human's movement holding the camera = What you see.

We do no justice to our ancestors by jumping to wild conclusions and refusing to use our brains. Stay grounded, people.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

I'm pretty sure aircraft lights don't blink on and off every half a second.

And look at the city lights under the UFOs, they don't blink nearly as much as the UFOs.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

I'm pretty sure aircraft lights don't blink on and off every half a second.

And look at the city lights under the UFOs, they don't blink nearly as much as the UFOs.

Did you know that most digital cameras have a built-in feature to apply things like steadyshot to specific objects of focus? That means lights that are not the center of focus, will look pretty normal. When it tries to over-compensate for movement, it has the opposite effect and it makes it looks shaky as all hell. You can replicate this easily. Pair that with passing clouds that make blinking strobe lights look like they are blinking faster/more than they actually are....and take into account the camera's frame rate....well, that's when logic tells you that what you're looking at, is the result of all that....and not an army of "sparkly" UFO's from the planet Homo, performing in the galactic gay parade.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In the start of the video, you can clearly see from 0:35-0:40 that the UFOs are not in the center of focus, yet, the lights sparkle much more than the city lights below.

And you can clearly see they blink much faster than half a second, and I have never seen any conventional aircraft have lights like those in the video.

To add to that, I have a camera myself, and I have never seen any aircraft sparkle through the camera like the lights in the video, no matter the weather conditions.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Never saw a Chinese lantern sparkle.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
------------ EVERYONE PLEASE READ IVE GOT SOME WT#ERY HERE....

New guy here cant create a new thread cause im under 20 posts, need to #in post this somewhere and get some ideas as to wth i saw last night;

4 of us last night witnessed the strangest thing imaginable, this wasnt some ordanary ufo sighting, oh no, ive seen plenty of those in the past... this was much bigger than anything ive ever even heard of. Before any of you ask we used stationary reference points, no drugs were taken, and i (not the others) had 2 beers.

Standing outside Adelaide, Australia about 24 hours ago. (11pm) look up and notice all the stars are moving at the same speed across the sky, from the northen horizion up untill they reached directly above us, where they slowed right down to normal speed.

Ive seen "stars" move on their own before thats nothing crazy but the entire spectrum of stars that i could see was moving alot faster than normal. example: if you were to take a video of the night sky watch some stars move from horizion to directly above you, that video would take half the night... but if you sped that video up so that one start you're watching took 10 minutes to comlete that journey accross the sky, thats how fast they were moving.

I'm not bull#ting we saw this, and to any of you guys fimilar with Val Valerian (matrix series) in the 3rd from the top update on his website trufax.com at the bottom of the home page "events that will occur" a video by Pane Andov is linked
www.youtube.com...
If you skip to 1:04:30 you can see him talking about a crack over Adelaide (my city) which i didnt discover untill last night after we came in by complete acident... i think this is definatly tied in somehow and yeah i dont know what else to say other than wtf.. anyone got any ideas?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

Well, to make a thread, all you have to do is make eight more posts, and I'm sure it wouldn't take too long.

Sorry man, I have no idea what you saw, I guess what you saw were real UFOs.

top topics

join