It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to save the 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Ok America. Here is my theory on how we can shut down the Federal machine and their desire to disarm the American citizens.

I have seen the arguements and here is the answer. No longer can people say that the National Guard can be considered the "State Militia". The proof is in the pudding so to speak, that they have become part of the Federal Army soley based on the fact the they are called upon to serve in the active military and not be soley based as a protection in their state of origin.

With that being said, I would urge everyone who is a gun owner to go to their county courthouse and register as a member of the "States Militia". If the courthouse won't do it, go to your sherrifs office and register! Here is why, and the point that will trump any kind of Federal law that trys to trump it.

First off, we (as Americans) can prove by registering, that we are responsible gun owners AND citizens, that are using our rights and "LEGALLY" claiming to our state government that we are signing up to defend our STATE and the citizens that live in it! By doing that, we are NOW considered a part of the STATE MILITIA that our Constitution declared as our natural birthright per our Constitution!!!

Now let me add, by doing this and being "registered" as a member of the STATES militia, we have now put the arguement on gun control on our government! What will they do??????

This is just my idea on how to beat these tyrannical criminals at their own game and to put the spotlight on them when they try to wiggle their way out of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not being from the US, so I may be wrong.

As I understand it, in peacetime, the National Guard is under the control of the State Governor.

When the US is in a 'State of War' the President gains control of all National Guard Units as Commander in Chief.

The POTUS wants a declared war so that the National Guard cannot be used against the Federal Behemoth.

The declaration of war on Drugs and the declaration of war on Terrorists both enacted these provisions effectively separating the National Guard from the Governors' control.

Do not expect these phony wars to end any time soon!

P

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I had this same idea also but did not post it as it is de facto registration of gun owners (not necessarily their guns).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Not being from the US, so I may be wrong.

As I understand it, in peacetime, the National Guard is under the control of the State Governor.

When the US is in a 'State of War' the President gains control of all National Guard Units as Commander in Chief.

The POTUS wants a declared war so that the National Guard cannot be used against the Federal Behemoth.

The declaration of war on Drugs and the declaration of war on Terrorists both enacted these provisions effectively separating the National Guard from the Governors' control.

Do not expect these phony wars to end any time soon!

You are correct! But, the war on drugs and terrorists are pretty much BS......Part of our Constitution requires a Congressional vote before a WAR can be actually called a war. Obama has done a really good job side stepping that when we take a look at Libya and Egypt........

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

When the SHTF the governments of the 50 states (and counting if they add Puerto Rico) will cease to exist as we now know them. In their place we will have a subdivision of the Federal Government as run by FEMA thru 10 FEMA Regions. "The Council of Governors" will effectively rule these regions (but not state governors per se).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I had this same idea also but did not post it as it is de facto registration of gun owners (not necessarily their guns).

Yea, I thought about that as well my friend. However, if you think about it, anyone who has purchased any type of gun "legally" has already been put through the "process" and they know who you are anyways.

That is what my post is about and I want people who are law abiding citizens to quit hiding it and come out of the closet and register at their county courthouse as part of the state militia. By doing that, they have the full protection of the Constitution and their possession of firearms will be protected by doing so...

I want to say it is a stretch, but at the same time, I think that we can beat THEM by playing their own game by doing so.....

edit on 26-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes just like how they asked for the "yellow forms" (Form 4473) in the original Red Dawn movie. Might as well by a title II weapon from a class 3 dealer then.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yes just like how they asked for the "yellow forms" (Form 4473) in the original Red Dawn movie. Might as well by a title II weapon from a class 3 dealer then.

My vision and idea was to beat them legally. So yours is to go to war?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i cant be in the militia or i would but they don't accept felons... I guess I cant help defend the 2nd amendment

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

i cant be in the militia or i would but they don't accept felons... I guess I cant help defend the 2nd amendment

Yea you can! You just can't be as open as the rest of us!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
nah.. im in TX i looked on their website.. NO FELONIES

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How to save the second amendment?

I didn't know there existed a movement to amend the Bill of Rights.

So it doesn't need saving...IT NEEDS ENFORCEMENT BY THE PEOPLE.

We need to remind our politicians and lawmakers that THIS IS the law, and that THEY
SHALL adhere to it...

"....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

If they have a problem understanding any of those words, hand them a dictionary
edit on 26-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

We need to remind our politicians and lawmakers that THIS IS the law, and that THEY
SHALL adhere to it...

How is that working out for the 1st ammendment???? Now we have to have free speech zones!!!! Are you daft? Our Constitution is being shredded bit by bit! I have a solution other than going to war with our criminal government and here you are pretending that the Constitution is in tact and being folllowed by the T!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Let's keep the infighting to a minimum---we are on the same side.

Our Bill of Rights is under attack because we allow it.

Inform, educate, and lead by example.

The second amendment is a perfect place to start because of its 'perfectly' simple wording.

Inform people that THIS IS the law.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.thefreedictionary.com...

well-regulated adj (well regulated when postpositive) (of a business, military outfit, routine, etc.) controlled or supervised to conform to rules, regulations, tradition, etc. a well-regulated militia

Joining a militia does not mean your allowed to have weapons with no rules.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

SHALL adhere to it...

Agreed, and I apoligize....I have seen how the 1st has been destroyed by the BS free speech zones and how the NDAA has taken away our rights and how the TSA has become and army of legal molesters and that is why I reacted the way I did when you said the 2nd was written.........I just see it being pillaged just as the rest of our rights have already been.....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Joining a militia does not mean your allowed to have weapons with no rules.

Is not abiding by the current laws not following the rules???? I am not sure what part of my post said that joining a militia meant being lawless.......

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
How to protect the 2nd amendment and indeed the world.

Remove all politicians and replace them with people who want to actually help humankind to mature as a society instead of filling their own pockets with bloodmoney.

top topics

join