I met a mason and he said to me...what does it mean?

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
You were supposed to say the sun may rise in the eastern sky but at least it settles in a final location

It's given in RHCP song Californication. And they are Masons, so they gave us the answer.


Do you have any proof for that? I think it would be cool if they were, but I have never heard about them being brothers.




posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Do masons do a half handed shake when you meet them???
I have had known masons shake my hand halfway and i figured that was why.
S+F



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Should have said, "On the level and by the plumb". They are a builders guild. Stone masons... masonry?

Seems they have forgotten their foundations as well.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by ldyserenity
You were supposed to say the sun may rise in the eastern sky but at least it settles in a final location

It's given in RHCP song Californication. And they are Masons, so they gave us the answer.


Do you have any proof for that? I think it would be cool if they were, but I have never heard about them being brothers.

Nah, was just sort of teasing, lol but I'd have tried that answer if nothing it'd be funny as hell.

I hope now to run into a mason and ask if he is a mason and hope for the same line to be given to me.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick
 


They're not doing a "half hand" shake. They're touching their thumb on one of your knuckes (or between the knuckles). Likely between the second and third knuckles.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
You could say, "and sets in the west" and you might be close to the correct answer


SHHHH!

That's close, sadly enough.

"John has a long mustache" is my favorite reply.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by babybowrain
 

Its a phrase that requires a specific reply. I assume he was assessing you.

I was just testing out my psyhic powers to see if I'm correct...I'm not an anti-mason at all. He seemed like a very nice man. He was a pilot of some sort, military or civilian. I told him I wanted to be a pilot but he said I was too young.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybowrain
 
Hehe well I'm Anti secret.



posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybowrain
 

I always have had an admiration for masons. Supposed to have high IQ's. I kind of am interested in the same way I'm interested in fusion, space travel, physics, astronomy and other things. While I have no hope of really understand all of it, the immensity draws me near.

It's like wondering what's out there in the stars at night. Gaze and endlessly ponder.

I think anything out of the ordinary (and familiar) has that appeal.

My IQ is a hair lower than average, so you can understand? Just like how I like to watch professional sports. I'm lousy at sports, but it's fun to watch someone who's good at it do their thing.

Just thought I'd say. I was looking through an album for a local town that shows historic pictures and in a couple it shows the masons and their lodge. They have a long history.
edit on 26-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Well now...if you're ever in a similar position and spot a masonic ring or whatever else they wear (belt buckles?), speak up first with that same phrase and see what the response is.

Then you'll know what you should have said.


And you could keep hacking the matrix until you gain access to his daughter who goes down in the west.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite
 


As flattering as the IQ thing it, it's incorrect. You do not have to be a genius or even a smart guy, you just have to be a GOOD guy.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
As flattering as the IQ thing it, it's incorrect. You do not have to be a genius or even a smart guy, you just have to be a GOOD guy.


Lucky thing for you.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by network dude
As flattering as the IQ thing it, it's incorrect. You do not have to be a genius or even a smart guy, you just have to be a GOOD guy.


Lucky thing for you.


You have no idea how lucky I am. I asked them to bump my IQ out to the tenth decimal to give it triple digits. And if I remove the decimal, nobody would be impressed.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Well now...if you're ever in a similar position and spot a masonic ring or whatever else they wear (belt buckles?), speak up first with that same phrase and see what the response is.

Then you'll know what you should have said.


I would look at you with a blank stare as that is not how we in my jurisdiction greet one another . We normally just greet one another with a ..........wait for it.............. HELLO . If we notice a ring , we will ask this very mysterious question ..... "What lodge are you a member ?"

And who ever is talking about real Masonic rings and fake ones , there is no such thing as a fake Masonic ring . There are expensive and cheap rings , but no "Fake" rings . You talk as if we make our own rings in our lodges . Most of us purchase our rings from jewelry stores , there are several makers who make fraternal rings (not only Masonic) such as Harvey & Otis . Expensive or cheap , they are all Masonic rings .
edit on 27-12-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by babybowrain
 


He was just messing with you, they enjoy the mystique of their organization. They have no secrets and anyone can join to find out what they won't tell non-members.
Fact is though, it's not big secret.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 27-12-2012 by bintim because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
so rather then ask him something important like why are the masons taking over everything and why do they enslave us you just ask him.. "are you a mason" why else would he wear the ring guy?...


BWahahahahahahahah!


Why not ask him how many babies he eats every month?

Some folks have Waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Now hurry up and mop that floor slave.


How many babies do Masons eat a month?



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would have told him this:

"Incorrect good sir. The sun does not rise at all, that is an illusion perpetuated by the egotistical human mind. In actual reality, the Earth rotates on it's axis and around the sun, causing the illusion that it raises and sets on the horizon, which by the way is named after Horus."

Hehehehe.

Of course anyone can reply and fool others into believing they are masons but that is not exactly a cool thing to do. Lying? Not for me.
I don't attempt to fool masons into thinking I am a mason, even though I probably could fairly easily.

Mason or non-mason, if the person is intelligent, they will realize I am one of the few humans they will be able to really get into the deep conversations with.

And to tell you the truth, after discussion, most Masons typically alert me to various pieces of the puzzle I am missing even if they were suppose to keep it on the down low. I certainly wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for Masons (among many other non-Masons), who were willing to tip me off on whatever.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by babybowrain
 


He was just messing with you, they enjoy the mystique of their organization. They have no secrets and anyone can join to find out what they won't tell non-members.
Fact is though, it's not big secret.


You don't have to join to find out things.

They do have secrets but they are open book type secrets, sitting in plain sight.
It takes knowledge and discernment to discover and become aware of these things.

The only veil clouding our minds is a self-imposed one.

If anyone is interested in the subject, Google and your local library will have more than enough info to cover all of the bases (even the questionable ones).
edit on 27-12-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
I would look at you with a blank stare as that is not how we in my jurisdiction greet one another . We normally just greet one another with a ..........wait for it.............. HELLO . If we notice a ring , we will ask this very mysterious question ..... "What lodge are you a member ?"

And who ever is talking about real Masonic rings and fake ones , there is no such thing as a fake Masonic ring . There are expensive and cheap rings , but no "Fake" rings . You talk as if we make our own rings in our lodges . Most of us purchase our rings from jewelry stores , there are several makers who make fraternal rings (not only Masonic) such as Harvey & Otis . Expensive or cheap , they are all Masonic rings .
edit on 27-12-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)


A guy on my pool team is a Mason. He was approached by someone from another team that noticed his ring and asked if he was a Mason. My friend said he was, and they did a handshake, but the other guy covered it with his left hand so I didn't see what was going on there. I tried to listen in on the conversation while looking like I was paying attention to the pool game in progress. All I remember is the other guy saying there were some things he didn't want to discuss in public, but the main gist of the conversation was that the other guy was considering getting a ring and wanted my friend's opinion.

What strikes me as odd is that I often cruise pawn shops looking for good deals on gold and I see quite a few Mason rings. I can't see why a Mason would give up their ring. Any insight here?





new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join