It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Walls of Eye-Melting Text

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Hey, you pretty much said what I said above--but you did it better, so I'll go with that.
But it just goes to show that reading new posts helps prevent reiteration as well--something that DEFINITELY needs to be done more on ATS.
edit on 26-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Am I the only one who finds the walls of text helpful?

I see one, and I immediately know that the writer (1) didn't care if anyone read the post and (2) didn't intend to engage in intelligent debate on the matter.

Same thing as reading "Skip Me" in all caps across the top of a post. We all make choices.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hi. I'm a new member on ATS. I was just looking around the forums to see where I would like to comment so I can get my 20 posts in, and I came across this thread.

AMAZING JOB! How did you ever manage to do that?! That would have driven me nuts!

I just wanted to commend you on taking the time to put that together. Should be fun trying to find the words/sentences.

I can't flag you yet, but if I could, I definitely would!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Trust me, it drove me nuts too! Welcome to ATS
If you need any help navigating the site or anything at all, feel free to private U2U me.

Just make sure you organize your future threads into spaced paragraphs and we'll get along just fine

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I made the mistake of deleting uploaded images from my profile. This means that the pics that were originally in this thread have been removed.

Here is the original ATS word search:

edit on 29-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"Be sure to drink your ovaltine."

That reminded me of my grandmother. She used to have ovaltine every morning. She said coffee upset her stomach.
I know coffee is not good for you when you drink too much, but I don't think I could acquire a taste for ovaltine.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
ha
ha
ha
haaaa

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
When someone makes a 7 paragraph post when they couldve said the same thing in one paragraph, I wont even bother reading it.

If you don't even bother reading it, then how do you know they could have said it in one paragraph?

What if only reading the first paragraph causes you take the point of the post out of context?

I have a feeling that's why so many misunderstand my long winded 7 paragraph replies, and why a lot of people misunderstand most of what they read.

You can't explain everything in one paragraph, if you could no one would have to go to school, or write books. Movies would be too short.

Is it only when people write 7 paragraphs, how about 8? Do you do OK with 6? Just want to be sure for future reference.

Do you also hate it when people make paragraphs out of sentences, that could all be condensed into one wall of text paragraph?

Do you also hate it when people do this.......?

edit on 5/18/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
For me the wall of text bothers me but it has more to do with the fact that it's on the computer. When scrolling through a long post I lose my place while reading. The spacing makes it easier to keep my place as I scroll.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Juggernog

I apologize. I shortened my previous post so you would be able to read it.

What I meant to say was:

When someone spends time writing a 7 paragraph post, and you don't choose to read it, is it the posters fault? Walls of text are understandably difficult to read, but if it is properly paragraphed and typographically sound, what is your reason for passing it by?

I am assuming it is because you don't wish to spend the effort reading it, and that perhaps your attention span gravitates to those with less content.

Maybe I'm wrong.

You're dead on. Even with well structured sentences and paragraphs I'm not into reading whole articles by untrained writers that haven't developed a name for themselves. I read novels everyday, but not here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join