It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clever minds needed for a theif stealing our grave flowers and re selling them at local flea market.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well,If it didnt upset everyone so bad in the family, I wouldnt care so much,so Here it goes, I live on the beach,my family lives an hour inland in the country. Both my moms side and dads side of the family have been complaining about a thief stealing flowers from the graves of their loved ones. We just had everyone go in on 2 nice arrangements for 2 recent deaths in our family they were spendy $$. These disappeared at sat night at 10 oclock cause I set up a trail cam and caught a woman stealing them, but the night /infared made her face black out. Then my cousin saw the flower arrangements we just bought at our local flea market and the lady was a scum bag who lived in our area when I was a kid. This person doesnt even qualify as trash. She was with an unidentified scum bag guy .The cops say we need more/better clearer evidence, this I dont understand because there are 5 people saying that she has their stuff. They have been doing this for years, the same people. So basically what i need is a solution to stopping the same 2 theives from stealing nice flowers off of the same graves in a remote location.
So I thought about camping out,since i live an hour away, baiting the graves and trying to catch them with my video cam instead of trail cam to maybe get a better image?, but it will be dark not to mention Ill be scared, not of them, but of being alone in the middle of nowhere in the woods beside a graveyard. I could think of plenty of ways to hurt them but Im trying to keep it legal and i dont want to hurt anyone anyway,but maybe have some fun. So NO boobie traps unless its a funny one that shocks or sprays paint, just nothing illegal. I first thought of a rattlesnake but it was JUST a thought, or two.But I would LOVE some creative ideas. I thought about paint balling them, but the guy with her may be armed.
This place is in the middle of nowhere and dads wifi wont reach, so I cant live stream from a tree, OR CAN i ?.They are stealing them from several graveyards. Maybe a gps locator of some type ? a glue that will stick to them, but wont dry ? Does anyone know anything about night time surveillance without using a trail/game cam ? for clear evidence.
I feel kinda stupid for posting this, but in my mind, ATS people are the most creative and intelligent people on the net so who better to ask. Id rather be catching aliens on the cam bye the way.
There are no houses near this place except for ours,maybe 3/4 of a mile. There are observation points and it is surrounded by campable woods. Or should i just punk out and throw up some fake cams and some surveillance signs ? Any input would be appreciated and THANK YOU so much for taking the time to read about my trivial problems that dont deserve the time compared to the problems others have. I dont feel like the theives deserve a baseball bat, but it was making people cry that Im close to.
edit on 25-12-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How about a motion activated car headlight wired to a car battery? Then, the trail cam will have the trail lit, so you get a good video of them, "in the spotlight". If you do this, mount the trail cam in a different location, viewing the lit trail, so its not seen near the light (or she'll steal that too!). Good luck, and I hope you catch the perp.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

How about a trail cam with a flash? Maybe rig the flash so it is not in the same place as the cam so that they won't find the actual cam and steal it, too.

This happens to my sister-in-law's baby's gravesite, too. People suck.

Personally, I would go to the flea market with about 5 of my physically imposing friends and just pick up the arrangement and walk away. If she says anything, just tell her that you're going to put it back on the grave she stole it from, and if you ever catch her stealing again, you'll have the cops up her butt.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
How about putting some poison ivy/ oak in/around the flowers.

That way if the culprit has a rash you know its them

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Trail cams can be used in the dark.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Have a local veterinarian RFID chip some flowers.
edit on 25-12-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: clarification

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

cool guys .im already having better ideas,,with the lighting, this is the kinda stuff im looking for , I was thinking about them stealing the trail cam , so I may use 2.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

Or UV powder to mark them.

A simple backlight and they'll be caught green handed!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

We used one, and caught them on it, but the cop said the face was so blacked out from the infared that it couldnt be used. So far trailcams are my best bet until i find something better.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Geez, just when I was starting to get a little faith in humanity..

It would be great to get yourself a nice mic and speaker and position it behind the grave. Wait a bit away, and when the POS's show up and start to steal, speak through the mic things like..

"HEY! STOP STEALING MY FLOWERS! ARE YOU SICK IN YOUR HEAD TO STEAL FROM THE DEAD?"

or even make it as if the grave itself is speaking to them..make em mess their pants.
Betcha they won't be back!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

Thats probably the easiet and best way, as long as I can make it legally admissable. Im sleepy,hope my terminology isnt too off.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Booby trap them with a bomb, that will teach them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
use fake flowers, make a hole and cover it with fake grass, be sure and put snakes in the pit or a lion or alligator...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If they are seen stealing the flowers and you follow them and call the police to report a theft while keeping them in sight and they are caught with the flowers by the police, then the police will search them and find the dope and run their names and find the warrants. Those are the charges that will stick and remove them from the street.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

LOL If only, but I have no silent power source, i have a HUGE bass stack and could easily pull it off but my generator is loud...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

take flowers to ur grave sites with some kind of pre documented indicator in the flowers themselves, or a gps if u want to get fancy, even send the documentation to the cops as evidence before you take them out there. then u and the cops go to the flea market and there is your evidence with documented indicators or gps signal

sorry looks like thats already been coverd
edit on 25-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
See if you can locate some of the exploding dye packs used by banks in stacks of money. that dye doesn't just wash off. Red faced and and red handed....

Those people make me sick.....the Karma Bus will eventually find them.

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I will be there sat night , thats exactly what Ill do if I see them. Maybe Ill just set them up on saturdays and work the saturday night thing , that seems to be their night. but yeah if it works out then that the best thing

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is where Policing is detrimental to our society. The Police should and could set up an observation post or a sting operation. But they will not. Their view is that it is not an efficient use of their resources. Have your local paper run a story on the thefts that the Police ignore. Get the public on board.

Otherwise gather a few people, stake it out and simply make a citizens arrest.

Placing a lot of cayenne pepper on the flowers may help as well. Makes them hard to sell.

When the Police stop policing it is up to citizens to deal with the issues themselves.

P

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
See if you can locate some of the exploding dye packs used by banks in stacks of money. that dye doesn't just wash off. Red faced and and red handed....

Those people make me sick.....the Karma Bus will eventually find them.

Des

I like this idea!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join