It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clever minds needed for a theif stealing our grave flowers and re selling them at local flea market.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

I think you missed my first post about it. It is a petty crime like you said and won't make it to court. But the other charges might and will have little to do with the flowers. They will also be likely to thieve elsewhere after that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are several things you could do to the flowers themselves, you could get some stinging nettle and pull most of the leaves off and sneak the stems in with the flower stems on the outside, lots of them. Stinging nettle isn't as long lasting, but it's very uncomfortable.. if you really hate this person go with poison ivy or oak (harder to get a hold of this time of year), though that carries a little more.. hmm.. severity than you might want to inflict on this person. Though I'd have no problem doing that, they shouldn't be touching the flowers anyway. However, they would learn to use gloves pretty quickly.

Perhaps for a more long term solution there are certain (safe) foul smelling chemicals you can rub around the the flowers (not on the flower petals themselves though) This would really hinder their ability to sell them.
edit on 12/26/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would either completely coat the arrangement with something like itching powder, or do something a little meaner.....

Two wires which would touch when the flower arrangement is grabbed, hooked up to a 9 volt battery, which is connected to a model rocket fuse that is inserted in a small firework....you would need to make a hole for the fuse in the firework and then glue it up. When they grab the arrangement, the connection is made and the firework goes *boom*....not enough to blow their hand off, but enough to ruin the arrangement and scare the tar out of them.

You could set it up at night to go off, as maintenance crews at the cemetery wouldn't be gathering the arrangements at night, and disconnect during the day.

Just a thought.

My husband is the mastermind behind that booby-trap. He used to play with explosives on the farm as a kid. My idea was to wait on them and bust them upside the head with a sock full of pennies, but naturally, I would be the one going to spend the night in the clink. I like the exploding flowers idea better. A very small firecracker would suffice.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

This is easy.
Speak with the florist about hiding an identifier randomly in the flowers.
Be creative. RFID. A clear plastic with your name. A fake silk leaf. Something.
Make sure to document the process with pics, receipts or video.

Then when the flowers are stolen walk up with the cops check the flowers. When you find the identifying marker you got your man.

You need proof. So do your own little sting operation.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
1.) Write on the underside of a leaf with sharpie pen then go to their flower stand and be like, "Ill have the one that says, 'Youre going to hell you dirty thief' on it."

2.) In my life iv'e seen these (antiquated tech) alarm systems for doors, just little boxes with a string that when it comes out the box makes an alarm. Just tie some flowers to a gizmo like that and when they pick it up, BAM. *Poop* their pants.

3.) Leave a cute little sign that says you know what their doing.

4.) Put a black magic hex on them.

5.) Stream from a wireless internet card, no wifi needed.

6.) Pay someone to stand guard and record people, I'd probably do it if you could provide a tent.

7.) Put a glass jar over the flowers so when they pick up the jar to steal the flowers they get their finger prints all over the jar. Just make sure they don't take the jar.

8.) Get the whole community together and figure something out. The thieves will be scared if they start seeing signs everywhere.

9.) 2nd Amendment on their asses.

10.) Leave other things to honor your ancestors like fruits or notes, stuff that is not really resold. The ancestors love some good incense.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
You can buy online. any hunting site such as Cabela's www.cabelas.com... a product made from 100% pure skunk oil. Just search for skunk scent. Hunters use it to mask human scent while hunting. Spray it on the flowers after they've been placed on your loved ones graves. Who in their right mind would buy flowers from a flea market vender that smelled like skunks.

It won't physically harm anyone, just make them leave them alone. They can't sell smelly flowers. Plus it's pretty cheap to boot. Google skunk scent for hunters, to get the best prices.

Des

Something the forestry people use to stop theft of "Christmas" trees from public or private property is fox urine spray. This is not very noticeable in cold weather but when you bring it into your house and it warms up it can get pretty intense. The thieves probably have some regular customers and some of them have to know the flowers are stolen so getting their homes stunk up would be poetic justice and would make it harder for the thieves to sell much when word got out.

Maybe alternate between the skunk and fox scents for maximum effect.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Clever solution? Wtf are you talking about. Someone steals something from you, you tell them to stop.

It's not hard. You don't need to set up a viet cong punji stick pit or set up a claymore with trip wires.

That gives me an idea. Buy a "bear banger" google it, set up a tripwire with monofilament, And when they trip it, the bang will scare the **** out of them. They'll never go back in a million years.

And it'll be funny to boot. If you do that film it and post it on ats.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Clever solution? Wtf are you talking about. Someone steals something from you, you tell them to stop.

It's not hard. You don't need to set up a viet cong punji stick pit or set up a claymore with trip wires.

That gives me an idea. Buy a "bear banger" google it, set up a tripwire with monofilament, And when they trip it, the bang will scare the **** out of them. They'll never go back in a million years.

And it'll be funny to boot. If you do that film it and post it on ats.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is what I would set up with the flowers just above it...

M80 Landmine / Flourescent Paint marker

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Well quit buying expensive flower arrangements, and go buy some cheap plastic ones that will last for a year before they fade, or just quit buying flowers period. Dead people are dead, it's not like theyre going to notice or care if you don't buy flowers.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Spray them with OC oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join