It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 injured after Chinese man drives car with makeshift-explosives into students

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The mentally ill will always find a way to do the unthinkable.

BEIJING – A man in northern China rammed a car loaded with a gas tank and firecrackers into a group of middle schoolers, injuring 13 in the country's latest attack on students.

The man attempted to set off an explosion after running down 23 students at Fengning No. 1 Middle School in northern China's Hebei province on Monday, the official Xinhua News Agency said. The man is in police custody.

Xinhua did not identify the man in its report Tuesday, but said his daughter was killed in a suspected murder case three years ago and he has a history of lodging complaints with authorities. Xinhua said the man did not act under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

www.foxnews.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Please Review This Link.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

People really will find a way to do harm if they really want.
Of course the news tells how these attacks only left people injured because of China's strict gun laws. Because if that man in the car full of explosives running over children would of had a gun, it would have been terrible.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCow

Exactly, it does not fit into the narative. The real issue is mental illness and how we deal with it as a society.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ban mental illness. ban cars. ban guns. ban bubble gum. ban anger. ban emotion. lets just ban humans...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Thanks for the reply. Yes, our knee jerk reaction is to ban something and feel better about ourselves because we think we solved the problem. We seldom get down to the root causes.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

More like ban the media!!!
Giving all these mentally ill people horrific ideas that if you somehow top the last mass murderers death count you will be remembered forever. It's actually quite pathetic in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
These are all done by PTB for agenda. And they seem to have a big one, even though Chinese don't have guns to disarm, they just want to introduce some form of Pre Crime.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. The media personalizes violence by interviewing the victims loved ones, they plaster the names,faces,life story on our TV screens and make them famous. A mentally ill person lost in despair and wishing to commit suicide probably figures they may as well become famous while they are at it. The media should stop making these people famous for their own profit. Violence sells. There is no other reason for the personalizing of violence.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yes indeed, now people are mostly injured and can hopefully recover. With a gun involved, they would've been likely all dead. There's a huge difference!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

It could have easily been 50 children dead had his bomb making skills been better. Point being, the mentally ill will find a way. No doubt some mentally ill person in China learned something from this story and will likely repeat it with greater success.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

China has seen more than a half-dozen school attacks in less than three years, though the death tolls have been mostly in single digits, largely because knives have been the most-used weapon. China largely prohibits private ownership of guns.

There you have it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Their lives will be so much better because they banned guns.

Please.

You can't ban everything, and that is the problem. Crazies will just become more creative with their killing sprees by using things such as bombs.

And bombs are easily made by very common materials.

So, good luck to you.

edit on 25-12-2012 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was about to impulsively make a joke on Geely automobiles, but I'm too stunned to react on an impulse. I can't stop myself from wondering how many copycats will try to perfect this approach. All I can be certain of is that I don't want to have to read about more of this crap in the future.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

Yes indeed, now people are mostly injured and can hopefully recover. With a gun involved, they would've been likely all dead. There's a huge difference!

Yes, and if he would of had a knife, grenade, flamethrower, rocket launcher, etc they would have likely all been dead.

The fact is he went out to kill a lot of people for no apparent reason. We need to stop trying to figure out what to ban these people from using, and start trying to figure out how to prevent these things from happening. If people want to kill, they will.

The first step to this is for the media to gain some morals and stop making these killers famous.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I find it interesting after searching for this story on other media outlets that it nowhere else to be seen. It does not fit with the current narative of banning guns. They are dancing around the real issue and refuse to seriously discuss it. It says volumes about why we are being bombarded with stories of gun violence but violence in other forms with the same goal are mostly ignored.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

No guns required here. All the man needed was just a bit more ingenuity to kill them all and probably a few more.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No, we've gotten it wrong this whole time. We need to get together and ban death.

I mean, banning things works so well.

We banned drugs and no one uses them anymore.

We banned prostitution and no one solicits their services anymore.

We banned murder and no one commits homicide anymore.

We banned theft, and when is the last time you have heard of someone being robbed? I mean, pfft...it doesn't happen! It can't! It was banned! Duh!

Remember the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920's? People just up and stopped drinking! Why? Because it was banned! The banning didn't cause crime rates to skyrocket...no, that never happens.

Obviously we can just ban the things we don't like right out of existence.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

I CANNOT believe you, a fellow human, would say such an ATROCITY!!!!

Do you KNOW what it is like in a knife ATTACK by an INSANE KILLER???

It is not a simply cut from a penknife. Even that already most humans would cry in pain. Those were only INNOCENT YOUNG CHILDREN UNDER MURDEROUS ATTACK!!!

That killer cares not about inflicting terror, pain, cuts, and suffering. Some would get deep wounds that would need paintul stiches, and some get their muscular ligaments, veins or tendons sliced out, ensuring they REMAINED CRIPPLED FOR LIFE!!!! Not to mention the physical and mental scars that remains.

YOU are an atrocity, along with your anti-gun lobby lovers.

IT IS NOT THE TOOL THAT HURT OR HARMS, IT IS THE ONE WHO HANDLES THE TOOL!!!! CAN IT GET THROUGH YOUR SKULL????!!!!

Perhaps UN should designate the year 2013 for mental health healing, but funding and pressurizing govts around the world to deal with the deadly mental issues that are rising worldwide. Failure to do so, will only ENSURE MORE tragedies and suffering such as these...and upon innocent young children.

It is....a horror to behold for mankind. It has got to end and NOW by dealing with the true issues, and not blame games with tools.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

My vote is for cutting off bad guys heads.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes exactly. When i hit my thumb with a hammer do i get angry at the hammer? No! I get mad that because i'm idiot who can't hit a nail!

We need to stop blaming inanimate objects and take a little responsibility for why these things are happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join