It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: Poisonous gas sprayed in a rebel-held neighbourhood in Homs!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
blogs.aljazeera.com...

This video shows medics in a besieged area in Homs city trying to help a person struggling to breath. They say he inhaled poisonous gas sprayed by regime forces in the rebel-held al-Bayada neighbourhood. Al Jazeera cannot independently verify the accounts given by him.

Yet this is Iran's side:
www.presstv.com...

Last I heard ISrael and then Russia were going to Secure these?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
man, there is war and there is cruel.
That is just wrong, and should be stopped
at all cost.

But it wont be and it will get much worse...

i feel for those suffering through this, right or wrong
side (if there is one) is irrelevant.
Just the human factor should cause a uproar.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
rebels... not the regime... apparently did this..

the chemical weapons held by Syrian soldiers were what was to be secured.

i sure hope that Israel didn't have a hand in securing them, because that may very well be how the rebels got them..

either way, the rebels and the actual Syrian soldiers for the regime should not be confused.
edit on 23-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

i sure hope that Israel didn't have a hand in securing them, because that may very well be how the rebels got them..

either way, the rebels and that actual Syrian soldiers for the regime should not be confused.

Well, I figure ISrael wants them to be used so NATO steps in.

Gaza, needed to be disarmed and damaged badly. Syria needs to be dealt with too, before IRan.

We're on the way.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just a logic test here...but it makes no sense for Assad's people to do this. None at all. When or If Syrian Government forces are proven to have used Chemical weapons just once....once....everything changes and more than likely, NATO/Turkish and U.S. Forces would be over the border and half way to Damascus before the last bodies fell. If we weren't? Israel would have Jericho Missiles on their way instead...and those aren't conventional warheads.

Assad would never blow what amounts to the ultimate one trick pony to get some no one goober in a single apartment block. IF he did it..I'd say he'd make his last act on Earth count and take the whole cities where these rebels are. After all, if Assad is going to kill himself (and that would be..sure as eating his own gun), he wouldn't waste the free shot the outcome would make that for him.

When thousands or 10's of thousands are reported dead and dying? Then...I'll sit straight up about reports of chemical warheads being used. Then it passes the logic test.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

either way, the rebels and that actual Syrian soldiers for the regime should not be confused.

Well, I figure ISrael wants them to be used so NATO steps in.

Gaza, needed to be disarmed and damaged badly. Syria needs to be dealt with too, before IRan.

We're on the way.

Syria needs to be left alone.

They are finding out that these rebels are often foreign nationals and paid mercenaries from as many as 29 outside countries.... and Israel has the gall to market the following....

"In interviews with Israeli news outlets over the past few months, the Syrian opposition members have “clearly expressed their vision for the future of Syria and their interest in establishing relations with the Tel Aviv regime,” according to informed sources in Syria."

How can anybody condone armed rebels orchestrating chemical attacks?

That's sick. They're not even Syrian so what complaint do they really have with Syria to justify all this bloodshed?

None, Thank You very much Israel.... Not.

I sure will be glad to see them removed from power.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Too early to judge what the deal is here.
Why is there only 1 person suffering? Surely there should be multiple people to film.

It says a gas was 'sprayed', not bombed. Could this not be an asthma attack / reaction?

It would make sense for a chemical attack to hit the media stands a day before xmas, reminds me of the georgian invasion during the olympics. The time is ripe when the people are occupied.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like that rebel mishandeled poisoness gas......

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
Looks like that rebel mishandeled poisoness gas......

That's exactly what I am thinking.. Especially watching the earlier videos on how they handle such noxious chemicals... Play with chemicals and get burned..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A few rebels have released another video showing how quickly they can kill innocents bunnies and that anyone who is alawite or backs the regime are going to get the chemicals dumped in their water supplies.. This is a rebel atrocity, not the regime.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just a logic test here...but it makes no sense for Assad's people to do this. None at all. When or If Syrian Government forces are proven to have used Chemical weapons just once....once....everything changes and more than likely, NATO/Turkish and U.S. Forces would be over the border and half way to Damascus before the last bodies fell. If we weren't? Israel would have Jericho Missiles on their way instead...and those aren't conventional warheads.

Assad would never blow what amounts to the ultimate one trick pony to get some no one goober in a single apartment block. IF he did it..I'd say he'd make his last act on Earth count and take the whole cities where these rebels are. After all, if Assad is going to kill himself (and that would be..sure as eating his own gun), he wouldn't waste the free shot the outcome would make that for him.

When thousands or 10's of thousands are reported dead and dying? Then...I'll sit straight up about reports of chemical warheads being used. Then it passes the logic test.

I do not know. Assad know that NATO has done everything in its power to keep out of thing. He knows they will not send in groud troops and most likely doubts they would even do a no fly zone. He would end up with some airstrikes but it could give him a real advantage. Iraq got away with it with Kurds. He might be tempted to role the dice. Not that I think this is the current case.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

They are finding out that these rebels are often foreign nationals and paid mercenaries from as many as 29 outside countries....

Sounds like you are describing Hamas....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

They are finding out that these rebels are often foreign nationals and paid mercenaries from as many as 29 outside countries....

Sounds like you are describing Hamas....

Are you implying that Hamas is attacking Syria, or are you changing the subject?

Any military man who served with me wouldn't dismiss, so lightly, the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Oh yeah there are several country that have their fingers crossed that Syria would use, or it would look like they did. I don't think Syria would though as they came out and tried make it very clear they wouldnt, and I believe them for the mere fact that they know that would be the last straw.

When things like this happen that are blamed on Syria, but would benefit the opposition more, I have my doubts that Syria would be so stupid. Plus if you gas a city you are going to send a lot more people over to the "rebels."

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Why would anyone deny the obvious, and deny what is most likely happening in Syria? We know what's going on, and we know that Assad is a really crappy guy/leader, but common sense tells us that a destabilised Syria (with all their SERIOUS weapons) falling into A.Q. hands and "rebel" hands is worse. The "rebels" in this scenario are not an army of civilians fed up, they are foreign, and are more dangerous to America in the long run, than the Syrian regime.
edit on 24-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Twitter goes crazy about this atm -> another video where the people talk about the effects in a hospital:

www.youtube.com...

this happened right after Lavrov said the chemical weapons were secure, very weird. Also the weapons haven't been identified yet, some say Agent 15.. but I don't know anything about chemical weapons.

Apparently there were even livestreams this night on Aljazeera and some other websites.

I wonder what the world has to say about that, seems like a great X-Mas present huh?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
Twitter goes crazy about this atm -> another video where the people talk about the effects in a hospital:

www.youtube.com...

this happened right after Lavrov said the chemical weapons were secure, very weird. Also the weapons haven't been identified yet, some say Agent 15.. but I don't know anything about chemical weapons.

Apparently there were even livestreams this night on Aljazeera and some other websites.

I wonder what the world has to say about that, seems like a great X-Mas present huh?

The Nightmare before Christmas is ongoing... I hope the Sun comes back soon.. We need more light.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

The people who are making the bunny videos apparently have studied chemistry or something at a Syrian University. I don't know whether they have the capability or knowledge to produce their own agents but they sound as though they are very smart people. I don't think those agents are coming from any Assad stockpile. Either the guys know what they are doing or the agents are being sent in from abroad.
edit on 24-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree, but they are not wearing gas masks.. This both proves it's the rebels, and proves they should be smarter.. What smart man makes poison?

I remember CS gas.. It was VERY bad.. My uniform smelled like sick burning choking death for days and days..

That's tear gas.. I would never go near anything they are making..

The guy in the video looks like a chlorine inhalation casualty.... Very advanced pneumonia looking..

Don't mess with chemicals kids, even if the corrupt powers tell you to.. It's better just to be good.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

They admit they are targeting any alawite or regime supporters. Even if they are Syrian citizens who are fighting with the FSA, it just shows you that they have implemented extremism in their tactics. They are willing to kill masses of people in their attempt to gain control of Syria. As for the Chemicals, I wouldn't have a clue what they are but by the looks of it if any of them get into the waters supplies over there, we should expect the death toll to rise fast. His uniform baffled me aswell.
edit on 24-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join