It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply to Thomas Crowne

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I hope that this thread will not be trashed and that I am not exposing myself to the ban hammer for posting this, but certain things need to be addressed.

ATS Super Moderator Thomas Crowne asked me questions in another thread and then said:

I�m done. I won�t be reading past the first page�source

So I guess I have to start this thread to answer his questions. Here are the questions he posed with my answers:

First, I would like to ask Gools something. Gools, just what is your reason for being here?

My reasons for being here are the same as everyone else. Learn, teach, speculate, debate and maybe even have a little fun interacting with other members.

When is your time going to be up?

My time will be up when I decide it is or when I�m pushing up daisies.

I suppose you will be happy to learn that I start a new job in a few weeks and will be spending a lot less time on ATS. I�m an Intellectual Property Lawyer and my new employment with a publicly traded life sciences company will keep me very busy.

I really haven�t read anything of yours to date except this one insulting post, so let me take the time to tell you something.

I have been on ATS almost exactly 6 months now and have over 750 posts, so if my post in the thread listed above is the first you hear of me, you are not paying enough attention as a �Super Moderator� on ATS. This is not meant as an expression of selfish self-importance on my part, only that you don�t seem to notice frequent posters even on threads where we BOTH contributed.

So who is the navel gazer here?

You aren�t what I�d call a mighty pillar of this community and the place wouldn�t grind to a halt if you were to drop off the planet, either. Understand?

Yeah I understand.

Do you understand that the same conclusion applies to YOU?

ATS is bigger than any single member, maybe even Skeptic Overlord (no offence SO). By the way TC if you only read one of my posts then how can you make such a blanket statement hmmm?

Your contribution in your first post was to offend, and then tell us that there are �different kinds of intelligence�, whatever that means. I think I know what you mean, but they way you put it displayed none of any, so why not contribute in an intelligent manner?

Well if you would have bothered to read past the first page (short attention span is related to intelligence you know) you would have noticed that edsigner and I had a good laugh and some personal exchanges in that thread. You seem to have taken it more personally than him. I understand where he is coming from and he (unlike you) has a sense of humour.

As for me not contributing anything intelligent, I have received several applauds and I�ll give you these references to threads I started and personally consider my best work. Maybe you want to look at them and reconsider your conclusion.

OIL: Conditions are Ripe for another Great Depression
The Korean Issue
Wealth Distribution
ENERGY: Reducing Oil Dependency
ETHICS: Biotechnology
FOREIGN: Treaty Violations and Trade Disputes
ECONOMY: Budget Deficit and the National Debt
TAXES: The Fate of Social Security
Supreme Court of Canada Begins Same Sex Hearings
Answer to FAQs not in the FAQ

I would ask why YOU don�t contribute in an intelligent manner. I have read many of your posts and can conclude that you are rude, insulting and your France bashing is getting tiresome, especially to this French Canadian.

I am not the only member to point out these things and do not understand why your attitude has not been addressed by other moderators.

Maybe it has been behind the scenes. I don�t know. You seem to be abusing your status as a super mod to get away with doing things that other members are warned about or are even banned for.

The moderators here at ATS are excellent (except you). In my six months here I have only had one �run-in� with a mod (Netchicken) and that was over a misunderstanding on my part about another member being banned.

I think you are looking to go down in ATS history as the first Super Moderator to be banned. Keep insulting people and breaking the rules. You are on the right track IMHO.

PS: I will be alerting all of the ATS moderators to this thread with the �comments� function in case you get any ideas of using your mod powers vindictively.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
1. I don't think anyone needs to explain why they are here on ATS.

2. I hold a pretty high respect for French Canadians

3. Gools i've enjoyed alot of your posts, just because one individual doesn't realize this doesn't mean others havn't - keep up the good posts.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thanks Linux.

Appreciate the support but the point of this post is not to stroke my ego.

If this involved any other member I probably would have ingored them and moved along.

But Thomas Crowne is a Super Mod and a repeat offender.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have noticed that Thomas Crowne's replies tend to the..ahem..cranky. Since I don't have mudpit access I couldn't view the thread you referenced however the quotes of his that you provided seemed to go way over the line.

When posters get a warn, I always click on the icon to keep up on where the line is and I have seen warnings issued for far less abuse.

Does the mudpit have a higher warn threshold? Are mods warn proof?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
First, the airing of grievances...

Originally posted by Gools
I hope that this thread will not be trashed and that I am not exposing myself to the ban hammer for posting this, but certain things need to be addressed.

ATS Super Moderator Thomas Crowne asked me questions in another thread and then said:

I�m done. I won�t be reading past the first page�source

So I guess I have to start this thread to answer his questions. Here are the questions he posed with my answers:

First, I would like to ask Gools something. Gools, just what is your reason for being here?

My reasons for being here are the same as everyone else. Learn, teach, speculate, debate and maybe even have a little fun interacting with other members.

When is your time going to be up?

My time will be up when I decide it is or when I�m pushing up daisies.

I suppose you will be happy to learn that I start a new job in a few weeks and will be spending a lot less time on ATS. I�m an Intellectual Property Lawyer and my new employment with a publicly traded life sciences company will keep me very busy.

I really haven�t read anything of yours to date except this one insulting post, so let me take the time to tell you something.

I have been on ATS almost exactly 6 months now and have over 750 posts, so if my post in the thread listed above is the first you hear of me, you are not paying enough attention as a �Super Moderator� on ATS. This is not meant as an expression of selfish self-importance on my part, only that you don�t seem to notice frequent posters even on threads where we BOTH contributed.

So who is the navel gazer here?

You aren�t what I�d call a mighty pillar of this community and the place wouldn�t grind to a halt if you were to drop off the planet, either. Understand?

Yeah I understand.

Do you understand that the same conclusion applies to YOU?

ATS is bigger than any single member, maybe even Skeptic Overlord (no offence SO). By the way TC if you only read one of my posts then how can you make such a blanket statement hmmm?

Your contribution in your first post was to offend, and then tell us that there are �different kinds of intelligence�, whatever that means. I think I know what you mean, but they way you put it displayed none of any, so why not contribute in an intelligent manner?

Well if you would have bothered to read past the first page (short attention span is related to intelligence you know) you would have noticed that edsigner and I had a good laugh and some personal exchanges in that thread. You seem to have taken it more personally than him. I understand where he is coming from and he (unlike you) has a sense of humour.

As for me not contributing anything intelligent, I have received several applauds and I�ll give you these references to threads I started and personally consider my best work. Maybe you want to look at them and reconsider your conclusion.

OIL: Conditions are Ripe for another Great Depression
The Korean Issue
Wealth Distribution
ENERGY: Reducing Oil Dependency
ETHICS: Biotechnology
FOREIGN: Treaty Violations and Trade Disputes
ECONOMY: Budget Deficit and the National Debt
TAXES: The Fate of Social Security
Supreme Court of Canada Begins Same Sex Hearings
Answer to FAQs not in the FAQ

I would ask why YOU don�t contribute in an intelligent manner. I have read many of your posts and can conclude that you are rude, insulting and your France bashing is getting tiresome, especially to this French Canadian.

I am not the only member to point out these things and do not understand why your attitude has not been addressed by other moderators.

Maybe it has been behind the scenes. I don�t know. You seem to be abusing your status as a super mod to get away with doing things that other members are warned about or are even banned for.

The moderators here at ATS are excellent (except you). In my six months here I have only had one �run-in� with a mod (Netchicken) and that was over a misunderstanding on my part about another member being banned.

I think you are looking to go down in ATS history as the first Super Moderator to be banned. Keep insulting people and breaking the rules. You are on the right track IMHO.

PS: I will be alerting all of the ATS moderators to this thread with the �comments� function in case you get any ideas of using your mod powers vindictively.

No punches pulled here� And how.

Second, feats of strength...

Got that covered.

Now for the Festivus pole...

Done.

My sincere apologies to all the "Special" people who I didn't send a Festivus u2u (self destructing of course).

Not sure about Festivus?

p.s. Shouldn�t this be in �Board Questions and Business�? Or handled more privately, there�s more u2u space of late.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mon cher Gools,

I support you completely. If ever I have lashed out personally at another poster on this board (and people know that I can be very diplomatic) it's because I was pushed too far. And looking at what you posted on that thread, it doesn't warrant the kind of reaction you got.

Why the hell can't we discuss without name-calling and offense?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Mon cher Gools,

I support you completely. If ever I have lashed out personally at another poster on this board (and people know that I can be very diplomatic) it's because I was pushed too far. And looking at what you posted on that thread, it doesn't warrant the kind of reaction you got.

Why the hell can't we discuss without name-calling and offense?

Time-out...could you please direct me to the name-calling??? And by the way, there seems to be a big problem with people not understanding that being offended - is an act of the offended:

Thomas Crowne's post:

ee, again I can�t make it past the first page of the garbage before having to start pecking at the keyboard.

First, I would like to ask Gools something. Gools, just what is your reason for being here? When is your time going to be up? I really haven�t read anything of yours to date except this one insulting post, so let me take the time to tell you something. You aren�t what I�d call a mighty pillar of this community and the place wouldn�t grind to a halt if you were to drop off the planet, either. Understand? Your contribution in your first post was to offend, and then tell us that there are �different kinds of intelligence�, whatever that means. I think I know what you mean, but they way you put it displayed none of any, so why not contribute in an intelligent manner?

IceofSpades, you are correct that money can buy you a lot of things. I suppose that is why Kerry saw fit to marry into the stuff a couple of times, huh?

LadyV, I don�t think there have been many anti-Bush threads in which you did not post. As a matter of fact, I�d say the majority of this site is consumed with frothing Bush-Hate, as you can clearly see in the list of recent posts at any given moment. I wouldn�t call anyone �obsessed� in this nuthouse, if I were you. This place is like a DNC meeting without the humor of James Carville!

Nerd, do not assume that everything you have said at this board has been truthful, correct and always intellectually honest. I believe you know I have had many disputes with you. As a matter of fact, here�s another. You believe calling Bush an �idiot� isn�t dishonest? I suppose you don�t understand that generally, if something is not factual, it is incorrect. If something is said that is not true and the speaker knows it isn�t true, he is a liar. Simple.
As far as Kerry holding a pilot�s license, what military school did he go to? I didn�t think he hung around the military long enough to attend anything like pilot training. Surely you aren�t trying to equate a private pilot�s license to Bush�s training? Again, a little dishonest, but that would be assuming you understand the difference, so I will withhold judgment. Under freedom of speech one lie is as good as the other. Don�t pick and choose.

That was just the first page. It is clear and evident that the liberal majority of this board has deep issues with any conservative who stumbles into this joint to the point that if one even comments that Bush might be more intelligent than Kerry then, well, this clown needs to hurry up and leave! As a matter of fact, it is obvious by the way this thread started out that the first liberal reaction is to offend and attack. Typical.

I�m done. I won�t be reading past the first page, so there�ll be no more flashlights shining on the hypocrisy. Carry on with the regularly scheduled lunacy

By the way...if all you liberals who are offended by a conservative member (who happens to be a super-mod) voicing his aggravation at your repetitive sniping would like to also see the liberal members (who happen to be super-mods) acting naughty as well...just let me know. I've got short list I can provide in seconds.

Long story short. TC has as much write to snipe at you when you twist his drawers as you do to snipe at edsinger every time he says something.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Does the mudpit have a higher warn threshold? Are mods warn proof?

Wow the Canadian contingent has turned out. And who says we're docile.

Yes the Pit has a higher threshold but rules still apply.

Warn proof? No, there is structure in place. I'm thinking that the only person here that is warnproof is Simon. He owns the site.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Brings out the worst in people.
I've bumped heads with TC, and I don't take it personal. And from what I have seen he doesn't either.

I don't see anything extremely warn worthy in his post.

And Gools, while I most times don't agree with your positions, I think you do a fine job of expressing them.

I'd probably just write it off as another guy I wouldn't buy a drink, and not dwell on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I'd probably just write it off as another guy I wouldn't buy a drink, and not dwell on it.

I don't know about that Phreak, I think I would, as long as we weren't talking politics.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

I don't know about that Phreak, I think I would, as long as we weren't talking politics.

Oh, I'll drink with anyone.

I was suggesting that Gools not buy him a drink.
Shoot, I'd drink with John Kerry, if I could pour

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thomas has been mauling people with his evil dog again eh !

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whao, I have to say I myself have calm down a lot on the political threads after finding myself calling and challenging others members intelligent. Now I look back to that particular thread and feel so bad I will never do it again.

Gools I like your post but I also like Thomas so whatever happened between you two I hope it can be fix.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Long story short. TC has as much write to snipe at you when you twist his drawers as you do to snipe at edsinger every time he says something.

Damn straight.
I'm pro TC and Gools here, but everybody needs thicker skin.

I move for a procedural vote to not vote. Gools is suspended from the Drama Comittee and returned to Chair of Advaced High Quality Posting. The Senior Senator from Alabama, TC, has had his name striken from the record, and I'm off to do a bit of EdSinger hunting with lackeys in Ohio. Mirth has a minivan at the ready for interns interested in toting my gun.

I call recess and now return you to pretending none of this ever happened.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
RANT, you may need a lawyer after that post. May I recommend:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is just a board, nothing to take personal. Some of the ones I like best are the ones I argue with, hell I even miss the Colonel and he was NEVER right

If you feel a little insulted get up from the computer and get a beer or play with your kids (or wife/girlfriend/both:lol

At the end of the day this is just a place to exchange ideas nothing more or nothing less. If you take everything here personal you will drive yourself nuts

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
If you take everything here personal you will drive yourself nuts

That's why I told TC that his calling me names is arousing me.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Originally posted by Amuk
If you take everything here personal you will drive yourself nuts

That's why I told TC that his calling me names is arousing me.

I knew this hockey lockout was going to cause a reaction.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Amuk you have the best respond in my eyes so far, your wisdom only comes with your experiences in life, way to go.

Life is to short to be wasted on fight that will be forgotten sooner of later.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Give out as much as you get, thats the only way to stay alive in the pit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join