It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Occurences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I live in Western Illinois, very close to the Mississippi river and thus, pretty close to St. Louis Missouri. Some odd occurrences have happened today. First, earlier today, roughly 3 1/2 hours ago, just the light in my bedroom went out. Even though there was no sound I assumed the bulb just blew and went to get a new one from my kitchen. As I was returning to the room from the kitchen, I noticed that my light had come back on. From the time it went out to then was probably 5-10 minutes. That's not all that weird, it could be rodents or all sorts of things but there's more.

Second, roughly an hour ago, the power to my entire house went out. It went out twice yesterday which freaked me out a bit but the wind was blowing like crazy so I assumed it had to do with that. There's very little wind right now and it's completely clear outside. I went outside and noticed a man standing outside his house a few houses down from me so I went to ask him if he had power. He said that he did not, that 10,000 people in our area were currently without power, that he didn't know why, and that it would be about 7 hours before the power would be restored. I didn't ask him how he knew that but I assumed he had just called the power company. Here I am, a little over an hour after the power went out, and it's back already. I checked my power company's website and it says that there was a substation outage at that time and that only 3700 were without power.

Third, I'm not even sure if I should include this because it's highly debatable as to whether it's even odd or not. When I was standing outside, before I saw that guy, I was looking at the moon which was already out and very visible at about 3:00 PM. I understand why it was out, I'm just stating what I was doing. As I was looking at the moon something else caught my attention. There were these two objects in the sky. At first I assumed they were just birds but they were moving oddly. As I looked at them I noticed that not only did they never flap their wings but they were also metallic. I could see the silver metal color on them and they reflected the sunlight from the opposite direction, behind me. I watched them move in odd patterns for a while and eventually they split up with one flying directly over my head. It seemed quite a bit bigger than a bird. It was more like the size of a small plane or maybe a hang glider. I'm not saying it couldn't have been a bird but I'm certain it wasn't a plane and a hang glider wouldn't make sense for this location or time of year.

I don't have an agenda with this post, I'm just telling people about some seemingly odd stuff that has happened to me today.
edit on 12/22/2012 by AlphaX because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Could be oddities.

I know there was another post about the Mississippi river and what they are trying to do to keep it open?? Maybe that had something to do with the outages.

The things in the sky? I don't know about that - but I do know that yesterday about 5:09PM Central, there was an odd flying something or other which had two very distinct contrails (??) I've never seen anything like it before - but I'm not always looking "up" either. I have noticed a great increase in military air traffic in Central Kansas in the past month and a half. Not Ft. Riley. I'll try to pull up a screenshot of Kansas and post the air "trail" for you.

Keep us posted.
L♥ve & Li☼ht

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's just the "round-a-bout" of the direction they were headed both west and east. I would say whatever the double-contrail thing was yesterday was going straight down and more towards Emporia. Who knows. But there it is

edit on 22-12-2012 by themightymissm because: Figured out how to post a picture...re-mode in gear.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
could be someone's cooking up an earthquake using haarp waves.

i always imagined the new madrid fault line playing a roll in america's end time event

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insaniac
could be someone's cooking up an earthquake using haarp waves.

i always imagined the new madrid fault line playing a roll in america's end time event

What do HAARP waves have to do with what I was talking about? I'm not seeing a connection.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

i guess I'm just saying that localized anomalies in that area showing power outages not caused by a storm, could be the work of highly charged long waves that penetrate deep into the earth's crust to super heat areas along a fault line and through heat and pulsating sound waves, cause an earthquake

no idea about the metal bird though

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Sounds like your power company identified what caused the power outage. Your neighbor probably exaggerated a bit. Glad the bird that flew over you didn't poop on you! Sounds like everything is back to normal. Have a Merry Christmas!!

top topics

join