It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone get any new toys in the last few days?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yeah, the prices going sky high kinda sucks, but, that's life.
Good move getting a couple of hundred. I know those will come in handy further down the line.
And, people may grumble about the price, but, they'll be happy to have them.

I'm starting to think that by the time the congressional cockroaches meet in January, most antis will have run out of steam, and, the new AWB may go to committee where it will die a quiet death. Here's hoping!
By then, the fiscal cliff will be all the MSM will be pounding us with anyway.

I believe you'll still make good money because the mag makers will be in overdrive trying to meet the massive demand. That demand won't be met anytime soon, even if the AWB dies in committee.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
your right.. lets get some more guns into this world, its the solution to everything..

You realize how dumb your trolling sounds right? You can't even be bothered to use proper punctuation. So honestly, I doubt anyone would really take anything you have to say seriously as you come off as someone who didn't even complete grade school.

Guns aren't the problem. Don't you think people murdered other people before the invention of firearms? I bet the first tool of murder was a stone. Don't you think that more mundane things (like automobiles, power tools, tools in general, knives...) kill more then guns do when it comes to choice of murder weapon? Just like a screwdriver can be used to kill, so can a firearm. It's all how you use it. And insane people will misuse both.

Also, know how they made coc aine illegal? How's that working out? Heroin? Prostitution? Gambling? Because even those these things are outlawed, guess what? People still get a hold of it and use it. Just like firearms. Back in the 60's, gangs used a simple pistol made out of a short piece of metal tubing, wooden handle and a nail as a hammer attached to the tubing with a rubber band to shoot people with.

Again, it's not the firearm that's at fault, it's the people who use them.

Also, ask yourself this: When was the last time a criminal followed the law? Let's say they ban firearms. How will this stop criminals from acquiring firearms through the black market? All you do, is take firearms out of responsible people's hands and place them into criminals. Ever hear of the term "M.A.D."? It stands for "Mutually Assured Destruction". It's what kept us alive during the cold war with Russia. They couldn't launch a nuclear attack because they knew we'd launch one back. We'd wipe each other out.

Same with a firearm. If more people carried a concealed weapon and the criminals knew this, they'd think twice before trying to mug someone or go shoot up a school. We should allow teachers to conceal carry in schools (responsibly). I'll bet you a psychopath will think twice about going into a school to shoot it up knowing that the teachers are packing.

But all this probably goes over your head. I'm sure you're contempt sitting at home being an armchair-liberal waiting for Santa to bring you presents because you've been such a good little boy. Right?

**Edit**
As to not veer to far off topic (sorry), I bought a new Canon DSLR, battery grip and a 50mm lens. So I'm still shooting stuff, just not with bullets.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by roughycannon
I bought a blue track mouse for my laptop,

But I'm the UK and that's the kinda toys we buy here.

English are rather boring.....lawn bowling any one? need I say more?

we have the guts to fist fight mate and not hide behind a gun

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Well mate, what do you recommend in my case? I had a triple bypass in '08. Took a lot of the wind out of my sail, so, I cannot stand toe to toe against our current production model young thugs. You know the ones, they come at you two, and, three on one. Beat you to the ground, then enjoy kicking you nearly to death, for sport. I've been beat down before, just minding my own business. I haven't the stamina to stand and fight with fists, and, feet. I also couldn't outrun a fast turtle these days.
Sooo, should I just carry a big stick?
Stay at home with doors, and, windows locked and barred?
Perhaps, just succumb to Natural Selection?

I only have one viable option. Don't really have to say it, do I?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike U.

sorry mate hope you get better

if i were you id stick to your guns

fair point

like i say very often, i always jump the gun(no pun intended)

edit on 22/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

we have the guts to fist fight mate and not hide behind a gun

Lol ya nothing like getting beat up by a group of drunken guys after a game, or going to the emergency room because of a cricket bat upside the head either... I'm in my 50s....us older people need an equalizer...
I'll stick with my guns....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I hear that. I'm in my mid-50's. What really sucks is people like us are increasing in number, and, increasingly the target of the young thugs. Go for the easy target. The violent criminal's creed.

Maryhinge,

I got your pm, but, for some reason, ATS will not allow me to respond. I suppose I don't have enough posts under my belt yet. So, I'll have to send my condolences in this thread.

It would certainly be nice to see all of the violence in this world end.
It's too bad it seems to be heading in the other direction. God help us.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

sorry mate hope you get better

if i were you id stick to your guns

fair point

like i say very often, i always jump the gun(no pun intended)

To be quite honest, America and England have evolved in different directions. We have different views of what is a right, or what is considered freedom. I'm not going to say one is right or wrong, other than they are just different. What goes on in England really doesn't happen here and what happens here doesn't really go on in England, but England still has like 16,000 gun crimes per year and so with a population of 50 million that would be about 100k equal in the states. We have about 300k, so the difference between total ban of gun and a free open market is about 3 times the difference in crime. What is not telling is the good guys have guns too and so I'm not sure how that figures into the300k crimes as prevention.

One thing to think about is that 300k is still only 7% of the 5 million violent crimes committed each year. There is 16,000 murders and about 60% is from guns, the interesting part is most of the high murder areas are big cities where guns are also banned, so though people can be all emotional, the numbers just do not scream that there is a huge problem with guns.

What pisses off many Americans, about half, is that the Government views us as children, that we need to be taken care of, and do not know how or make decisions on our own.

We are sheep that need to be tended by an over reaching Government, they will tell us what is right or wrong, they will take care of all our needs, they might even wipe our asses up to the point they feel we are not needed any more.

So the freedom to own guns is a much bigger picture for us than what non-Americans might think.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
Yeah, I hear that. I'm in my mid-50's. What really sucks is people like us are increasing in number, and, increasingly the target of the young thugs. Go for the easy target. The violent criminal's creed.

Maryhinge,

I got your pm, but, for some reason, ATS will not allow me to respond. I suppose I don't have enough posts under my belt yet. So, I'll have to send my condolences in this thread.

It would certainly be nice to see all of the violence in this world end.
It's too bad it seems to be heading in the other direction. God help us.

thanks mate

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well....I usually go to the range every Thursday. I buy most of my ammo at Academy, so I stopped by there on my way to the range. I was taken by suprise by what I saw.

Every AR was off the shelf. There were about 20 people waiting in line to fill out the 4473. Usually I only see 2 or 3 people picking up guns there. There were so many people looking at ammo, I had to wait awhile before I could get to the ammo I was looking for, .223. The shelf was empty. Barely any ammo left for anything (other than .22). Ive never seen it like this before.

The only other 2 stores that usually had the ammo I was looking for around my area were Dicks and Walmart. Dicks was out of ammo, Walmart was out of ammo.

I know my local range I go to charges more than those stores for .223, so I decided I'll spend a bit extra this time. I get there and they immediately tell me no .223 left.(I go there every week, they know me). They usually have a wall full of AR's and also a couple AK's (Their AK's get sold literally within the day they get them in)....but it was completely empty this time. There was literally nothing on the wall. (And yes, most of their guns are more expensive than say Academy or Bass Pro).

....This is just insane. I would of liked to say I picked up a new toy, but there's no toys left.

At the end of January, there's a gun show coming to my area. Im hopefulling going to pick up a Hungarian PA-63 (basically a Makarov) or a Mosin (problably picking up both at the same time, if the prices stay somewhat where they are now). Or maybe I'll pick up another SKS. Ive also been thinking about selling my Glock 19 and using what I get from that to go towards a Beretta 92FS.

I was thinking about getting an Olympic Arms AR for around $600 ish, but those days are gone now. I have no doubt they're going to rapidly increase in price. Heck, I got my Saiga .223 for $425 a couple months ago, and at the gun show here last month, they were going for nearly $600. Plus Ive added a bunch of Tapco stuff to my Saiga (around $150 worth), and at that show, the exact same as mine was going for roughly $800 and above.

Please PA-63 Maks and Mosins.....please dont go up as fast as these other guns are

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Lawn bowling is probably more entertaining than baseball, but we'll leave that for another thread.

The fact the op refers to these weapons as toys, suggests part of the cultural problem America has with guns. At what age should a child write down an assault rifle on his list to Santa.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I have no idea, but there will never be a good reason for pink mags and grips, on a rifle held by a young girl, which has a suppressor on the end! Why would that ever be a good idea? I dont trust small folk to walk in a straight line without trashing things, let alone handle a rifle, or God forbid, personalise it...

Freakin Rambo Barbie.... madness.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Please PA-63 Maks and Mosins.....please dont go up as fast as these other guns are

Right now I think it is better to cruise the internet for those while the price is still stable, but supply is going down fast. Get a FFL for transfer and pay the 25 to 35 dollar transfer fee. All your FFL will need is your name and the fax number of who is selling you the gun. Very simple, once the gun is in the hands of the FFL then the paperwork is done.

At the next gun show anywhere I think people will be shocked to what they see in prices and quantities. I would think that gun shows would actually have the better pulse on the market to price/demand and so prices will go up stupid fast at them.

People post to slickguns.com for what good deals they can find out there, so that might be a good place for you to start your hunt.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The fact the op refers to these weapons as toys, suggests part of the cultural problem America has with guns. At what age should a child write down an assault rifle on his list to Santa.

It was tongue and cheek since it is that time of year to get gifts and all. There are many types of adult toys out there that kids should not have. I have a 9 and 13 year old, they do not have guns, they will not have guns until they are 18 plus, but they do shoot mine under careful watch in a controlled environment. I have bought them a 22L S&W 25 mag rifle to shoot mostly since most of my guns are too much for them.

I like to shoot guns in play and hunting. I like the sport of hitting a target at 500 meters within a 5 inch circle. I like to hunt with my friends and yes I use an assault type rifle as my hunting rifle too.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I dont trust small folk to walk in a straight line without trashing things, let alone handle a rifle, or God forbid, personalise it...

Freakin Rambo Barbie.... madness.

Ya kind of a stupid photo op wouldn't you say, not like that girl would or could actually shoot it, but women do like guns too, and many like pink guns, go figure. Does a pink gun actually bother you in some way?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes I bought a UTS Shotgun,
its freaken awesome, it can hold 7 rounds on one side and 7 rounds on the other side. I also got another AR-15, and bought some more mags for my Ak-47. I actually know a lot of people who bought AR's then turned around and sold them for double the price, good investment. Ill hold onto mine though, id rather have a sense of security if the world goes to sh@t. I am British and proud to own my guns in the good ol U. S. A.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I just got myself a Antigunman
He runs around and snatches guns from the cowboys while they sleep
He gives it all to santa´s helpers and they melt down the metal and create toys for the poor
edit on 21-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

^^^^^ SIGH, lemme guess, this post that I quoted above must have been written from another NON-AMERICAN (probably from the brain-washed disarmed & defenseless UK as usual) who knows ZERO about America and firearms. Also perhaps a person who suffers from a touch of jealously against Americans who actually have FREEDOM and RIGHTS. Yes?

Stinks to be you I guess, so I can forgive your silly bitterness if you are in fact NON-AMERICAN and have no RIGHTS. Would hate to be in your shoes.

But it would be best for your kind to leave these threads to folks who KNOW what they are talking about when it comes to this topic. Yes??

If some folks would use their gun-hate energy to stop their TRAITORS leaders from taking their Rights away, maybe they would HAVE SOME RIGHTS left and not be so bitterly jealous of Americans. Yes?

edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

How dare you sir, that kind of talk could get you shot in the part of England I live in

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiglenDyn

Sorry bro, I don't need guns to feel safe. Just sayin'...........................
edit on 21/12/12 by SiglenDyn because: (no reason given)

You obviously dont live anywhere near me, because when you call in an emergency and ask the cop how soon they can be on the scene they dont look at their watches they look at a calender, and I think thats why there are so many people near me that have legally held firearms.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Glassbender777,

I am officially envious.
What an awesome score. My Remington 870 bows respectfully, sir.
Think I'm envious of that Eotech even more. My budget only allows for red dots like the Vortex Strikefire.
A decent enough red dot, but, it is no Eotech.
Nothing else comes close.

14 rounds of 12 gauge goodness, on tap.
I'm guessing the stock has a recoil reduction system?

Could you post a range report after you've run a few shells through it?
I'd love to hear how it performs. I'm guessing: AWESOME!
edit on 12/22/2012 by Mike U. because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join