It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approximately 150,000 dead worldwide on 21/12/12,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whilst we alive are pondering that the mayan thing was just a money making exercise for the crafty, spare a thought for the approx 150,000 human beings who died yesterday .
www.chacha.com...

Yes that is right, thousands of deaths, some of natural causes, some from murder, war, famine, cold,floods,accidents ect.
IT truly was the end of the world for the departed yesterday.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And life goes on without them, as it seemingly always has.
My thoughts do go out to the families, friends and loved ones of the deceased, whatever that is worth.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Approximately 146,357 people die each day world wide.

Yes, a thought spared to those departed

I think I see what you are saying now. I thought you were saying this number was uniquely high.
I do wonder if any had thoughts regarding the date?
edit on 21-12-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
155,00 will see the end of the World on the 21st

But I seriously wonder though, how many suicids they will be in the next few days - I am sure I'm not the only one thinking that.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had no knowledge of this number. Good job at adding a whole lot more thoughts of death to my already stormy mind

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I like your post OP.
I think today is going to change the way a lot of people think about life, and how fortunate we are to wake up every day to experience it.

love to all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

And there would have been more than 150,000 births. Have you ever heard of recycling? Look its not good for the family and friends thus affected but it is the natural order and nothing different to any other day.
What is your point?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danowski

There will be suicides no doubt as many saw this day that their life would change and that this miserable incarnation on earth would end but life is what you make of it, its a challenge and you need to embrace it.
Feel more for the loved ones left by the suicides who have to deal with their loss and loose ends left.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, sorrow for the survivors. It is tough when a family member passes on.

I have always tried to look at it like this. Regardless of your religious persuasion...they are in a better place than they were. If they passed on to Heaven, or Elysium, Paradise...Valhalla, Olympus or whatever...even if the moment the heart stop beating the brain stops thinking and there is no after life...the time of sorrow and suffering is over.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
around 150.000 people die each day
around 360,000 births each day

today is not different

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Yeah Mate, tis true. The surviving family members are left behind to pick up the pieces. I am more for the reincarnation thing than an eternal Paradise.
But I am positive that life does not end with death, some people are not strong enough mentally or sometimes physically to battle on through life, its not their fault they may have not had the support through family or friends in a time of need.I hope not too many take their lives today or in the coming days as I believe we are being tested and this scenario may have been part of the test.
I think the key is to battle on.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Some people are so isolated in life that they would have no one at their funeral.

I meet a lot of people every day...and some of the nicest decent people have many friends and some have no friends or family that give a toss.

Likewise some of the most hard selfish downright evil people have many friends and family , whilst some have none.

Life is a test like you say.

I once was invited to a lunch engagement by a work colleague years ago, he didn't turn up...he went to an isolated spot and aphixiated himself in his car instead.

The day for all the families of these people will have changed their lives forever.

You and many others who replied to this thread got my point so thanks to you and them.

We as we get older have all known someone who has died or killed themselves.

Some have no contact with siblings or parents, sons , daughters, life is very very sad for some.

But your post showed there is decency and understanding even here on ATS, where so many think only of their conciseness of word and not a fig about humanity or animal suffering.
Peace.

top topics

join