It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"If I can touch The first second of time just for one second then I would see where time was born and then I will be lost in time and not in space, because I can see how infinite looks like "

www.kebabshopblues.co.uk...

To travel in time and(or) space beyond the limits of our imagination that is the ultimate challenge of the impossible.

They say that time doesn't exist relative to a reference point somewhere in space arbitrarily chosen from undefined entity.

alieninterview.org...

Also they say that time is a constant of space and space is the place where time was born, from that first second of space that I touched.

I guess you will say that would be impossible,but to feel the infinite that is something...already done.That is a feeling for a mortal being very rare and very hard to achieve.

To feel the infinite even for one second is to go to the borders of the universe and to try to shoot a small window sideways of the universe wall to see what is outside.

And then I have touched that first second of the Universe.

www.god-does-not-play-dice.net...

Oh you do not even dream how it is to feel the infinite,to be outside of time and space.

But how we can feel time?

Just by to let time to pass or by consulting our wrist watch from...time to time?

dvice.com...

Or what we call life conscious life in her unforgiving passage of the years can define time?Well the best way I guess is to forgive time...of ourselves and ask him politely for a ride through the infinite not by nonexistence but by the existence making time to never end for us by looking into his eyes....all the Time

Outside Universe time does not exist,but static light yes and it has the consistency of the "Beyond light".

There light is in another quantum state of aggregation if we can call it this way.

This state of aggregation gives light static properties that are not dependent on space and time.

Because points of referrence that place has not.Each point is the same point but in the same time you exist in all of them at once....in light.

Hard to explain,but I have been there.

"Time" it is not a line itself but we can draw an imaginary one if it is to define time from a point of departure of the "first second".

From here to there is time.

centralcaliforniacycling.com...

There is no right time or wrong time ,it's just time and it is in our power to make it right or wrong...I mean by the way we look in his eyes.

Some say "give me more time",some say "I need more time" but to have time we must see time...and feel time.

Because,

Where time ends begin the infinite.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am obsessed with our perception of time..

Great thread! Awesome read friend!

S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I am obsessed with our perception of time.

. Great thread! Awesome read friend!
Thank you mcx1942, I am so glad that you liked.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"Time" and "Space" are expressions of the concept of measurement by comparison. They measure the dimensions of existence so as to clarify the precise parameters of the reality we are experiencing. Otherwise known as "passage" and "depth".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Time is an idea which makes it possible for you to have 'your' own individual dream.
There is gods true dream and then there is 'your' dream.
'Your' dream in time is full of monsters and horror, suffering and fear.
Gods dream is timelessly present and is beautiful and is full of love.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Time is an idea which makes it possible for you to have 'your' own individual dream.

Agree on that. So how would you describe time to someone who ask you what is time?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Without the idea of time or space you would be at peace. Because what is wrong right now? To find something wrong you would have to think about another time when it won't be ok. But if there was no such thought there would be just this.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

You essentially saying then that the process of thinking creates the perception of time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Agree on that. So how would you describe time to someone who ask you what is time?

I would not descibe 'time' to anyone because there is only presence. I might try to prove to them there is no time, that time is just an idea arising presently, just as all arises presently. Nothing can arise outside of presence.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

You essentially saying then that the process of thinking creates the perception of time.

The word tomorrow makes you believe there is a tomorrow but no one has ever experienced a tomorrow. Ideas arising are deceptive, they can lead one stray.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The belief that you are a person in time is what gives you 'your individual dream'. You can divide yourself by placing yourself in past or future senarios and playing on the stage of 'what is not happening' and live in that dream.
Or you can realize that you are always here and now and be done with the make believe, and stay with 'what is really happening'.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The belief that you are a person in time is what gives you 'your individual dream'. You can divide yourself by placing yourself in past or future senarios and playing on the stage of 'what is not happening' and live in that dream.
Or you can realize that you are always here and now and be done with the make believe, and stay with 'what is really happening'.

but is what is happening now really happening?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

but is what is happening now really happening?

What is happening is apparently happening - look, can you see and hear?
What is happening is only appearing to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What is happening is apparently happening - look, can you see and hear

Yes of course and would that be possible without time?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

What is happening is apparently happening - look, can you see and hear

Yes of course and would that be possible without time?

Appearances appear presently. All arises now.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Time is a thought construct. It is like the holodeck, a place where you can make believe.
You can build 'your own' make believe world there and carry it around with you - it is very heavy.
Or you can let it go and overcome the world. And then you will see and hear what is behind the clouds - the kingdom.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It seems to me that time is just the minds perception of change on the level of form. When i was a kid i used to imagine what it would be like if i could stop time so that everything around me just froze. Then i started to wonder if i would still feel like time was going by. If the sun stopped moving, if the hands on the clock stopped moving, if everything just completely froze. Would it feel like time was going by? Then i realized that in my fantasy not everything was still, i was still moving around. Not only was my body moving from place to place but my mind was also moving from place to place. So as long as there is movement from one place to another or from one thought to another there is a feeling that "time" has passed but really its just the mind remembering the previous changes that its experienced and the mind calls this "time". If you could stop your mind from percieving through the senses and from thinking, there would be no change from one thing to another and there would be no feeling that"time" has passed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by emeris

The appearance moves but you never move in your experience.
When driving a car, are you moving or is the scenery moving?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Your right. Theres the subject and theres the object. The objects change but the subject does not. The mind is a tool that perceives and records and out of this the feeling and concept of "time" arises. But really there is nothing but one "moment" which is nothing but the objectless space called consciousness and then there are an almost infintite variety of objects appearing and disappearing within this space. The space never changes but the objects continuously change just like the movie screen and the images projected onto it. As soon as the movie starts everyone forgets about the screen and gets engrossed in the drama of the movie. But there could be no movie without the screen and the screen will outlast all movies.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeris

As soon as the movie starts everyone forgets about the screen and gets engrossed in the drama of the movie. But there could be no movie without the screen and the screen will outlast all movies.

One can get lost in the drama until one realizes oneself as the screen.

new topics

top topics

join