It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law/Nazi style policing beginning in 2013?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
SWAT style police to patrol community on foot and armed looking for your "papers:

This is certainly encouragement to give up our guns! Because who doesn't love the GESTAPO or a Nazi themed police system? Fun huh

" In response to a recent increase in crime, Paragould Mayor Mike Gaskill and Police Chief Todd Stovall offered residents at a town hall meeting Thursday night at West View Baptist Church what could be considered an extreme solution — armed officers patrolling the streets on foot.

Stovall told the group of almost 40 residents that beginning in 2013, the department would deploy a new street crimes unit to high crime areas on foot to take back the streets.

"[Police are] going to be in SWAT gear and have AR-15s around their neck," Stovall said. "If you're out walking, we're going to stop you, ask why you're out walking, check for your ID."

Stovall said while some people may be offended by the actions of his department, they should not be.

"We're going to do it to everybody," he said. "Criminals don't like being talked to."

Gaskill backed Stovall's proposed actions during Thursday's town hall.

"They may not be doing anything but walking their dog," he said. "But they're going to have to prove it."

Stovall said the foot patrols would begin on the east side of town and would eventually snake into the Pecan Grove area.

He said the police would follow where crime was taking place in order to snuff it out.

Normally, police would not stop individuals for simply walking on the street, but Stovall said the level of crime in certain areas and concerns from residents gave his officers the right to institute the actions announced at the town hall event.

"This fear is what's given us the reason to do this. Once I have stats and people saying they're scared, we can do this," he said. "It allows us to do what we're fixing to do."

Stovall further elaborated on the stop-and-ID policy Friday morning, claiming the city's crime statistics alone met the threshold of reasonable suspicion required to lawfully accost a citizen.

"To ask you for your ID, I have to have a reason," he said. "Well, I've got statistical reasons that say I've got a lot of crime right now, which gives me probable cause to ask what you're doing out. Then when I add that people are scared...then that gives us even more [reason] to ask why are you here and what are you doing in this area."

Stovall said he did not consult an attorney before announcing his plans to combat crime. He even remained undaunted when comparing his proposed tactics with martial law, explaining that "I don't know that there's ever been a difference" between his proposals and martial law.

Stovall said task force members would not even be required to be looking for a specific suspect before stopping citizens on the street.

"Anyone that's out walking, because of the crime and the fear factor, [could be stopped]," he said.

Should an individual not produce identification, Stovall said his officers would not back down. Individuals who do not produce identification when asked could be charged with obstructing a governmental operation, according to Stovall.

"I'm hoping we don't run across [any] of that," Stovall said. "Will there be people who buck us? There may be. But we have a right to be doing what we're doing. We have a zero-tolerance. We are prepared to throw your hind-end in jail, OK? We're not going to take a lot of flack.""

That is exactly half of the article, visit the link and the second half contiues to state that good boys and girls have nothing to worry about because were only after the badguys....

I wonder if they will goose step while oon patrol???

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Time for us to carry the Constitution in our pockets.

This goes against the whole 'the right of the citizens to be secure in the persons and papers' idea that was well received at the formation of this country.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Hi,

Would these items matter?

Do I have to show id while minding my own?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Indeed, that will be the only PAPERS they get from me... oh and maybe some reciepts from my local purchases, better to give it to them then to litter right?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

It appears it has begun. First America, then the world.

"They may not be doing anything but walking their dog," he said. "But they're going to have to prove it."

LOL - "Ahhh.........because it's on a lead and it's walking"

Unbelieveable snip!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Stop & Check policies always turn out well, because "all" the police react like professionals 100% of the time. Never any incidents of accidental deaths from over tasering someone without ID on them.

I was thinking about moving to China or 1980s Russia, but I guess I won't have to go far to experience the same lifestyle.

The American flag should be a picture of someone in the fetal position wetting themselves while sucking their thumb, maybe add a boot stomping them. That's the kind of flag I can stand behind!

"Oh no ID? Come with us...."

edit on 21-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Martial Law/Nazi style policing beginning in 2013?!
Oh all the sensationalism and jumping to conclusions.

Paragould, AR, isn't exactly a safe town:

With a crime rate of 70 per one thousand residents, Paragould has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within Arkansas, more than 97% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Paragould.

From our analysis, we discovered that violent crime in Paragould occurs at a rate higher than in most communities of all population sizes in America. The chance that a person will become a victim of a violent crime in Paragould; such as armed robbery, aggravated assault, rape or murder; is 1 in 304. This equates to a rate of 3 per one thousand inhabitants.
Read the rest here.

Or should they just allow all that to keep happening?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

So this is 2013.. Martial law won't all come at once. They know they can't give us a starting point. People are thinking the motive behind the killings was a gun grab.. what if that's only half the motive? What if the other half is to make us want armed guards at schools, theaters, and malls.

I still think we are about 5-7 years out from the really Naziesque fanatic fascism unless the dollar crashes rapidly.
Or unless you live in one of those areas.

This is the beginning of the ending of the world at least in America. Don't worry other countries, Things in America never spread to every other country in the world.. Never..

So guys maybe we need a red line? If they keep doing it incrementally the red line will just keep shifting further and further back. If we pick one in advance we will know when to act. I wonder what it should be?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"This fear is what's given us the reason to do this. Once I have stats and people saying they're scared, we can do this," he said. "It allows us to do what we're fixing to do."

That line really blows me away. People letting fear rule them= crazy regime laws. Oh boy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
wow
is he serious??!? i wonder what the crime rate is there? higher than NY or detriot or LA?? i guess the police should do this in all high crime areas...and this is a town of apprx 26,000

wow...just wow.....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
wow
is he serious??!? i wonder what the crime rate is there? higher than NY or detriot or LA?? i guess the police should do this in all high crime areas...and this is a town of apprx 26,000

just wow.....

Paragould historically has a very high burglary rate, but the violent crime rate is substantially below the national average: In 2010, the last year for which stats are available, there wasn’t a single murder in the town of roughly 26,000 people. But political elites and their enforcers are adept at manufacturing fears, and the bullet-headed militarist who heads the police department – and appears to be building his own little private army – assumes that government derives its "just" powers from whatever fears it can instill and exploit in its subjects.
edit on 21-12-2012 by HappyLIBERTARIAN because: Fixed a typo.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Don't even bring this crap into my first thread... if you can't use common sense, research, and insight to form a coherent productive thought in regarding this subject matter avoid posting *please* (though cannot nor would not demand you do not post but rather ask you not spew ignorance in such an important subject as this)

To respond coherently: Do you think germany was given the Nazi regime over night and suddenly? If so, the door is over there please see yourself out and to the books... come back when you have learned more on the subject matter.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am curious what factors contribute to the concentrated crime rate there? Any Arkansassian's here to chime in?
Are there numerous poverty stricken areas surrounding the city? Gang hub? Isolated in the sticks? Guess the mayor and people have had enough. The rate of crime warrants this I suppose, especially if the people are frustrated and need something done to return their sense of safety and well being.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.disastercenter.com...

There is Arkansas crime rate for those who asked for it.

NO, there is no clause in the bill of rights that says "adjusted per crime rate" for any of the rights... that's not how freedom and liberty work

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by W0mbat
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Don't even bring this crap into my first thread... if you can't use common sense, research, and insight to form a coherent productive thought in regarding this subject matter avoid posting *please* (though cannot nor would not demand you do not post but rather ask you not spew ignorance in such an important subject as this)

To respond coherently: Do you think germany was given the Nazi regime over night and suddenly? If so, the door is over there please see yourself out and to the books... come back when you have learned more on the subject matter.

Look at AdamsMurmmur's avatar, it says it all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Indeed...

Honestly I can't believe this hasn't received more views, I wonder if people are in shock, sickened with disgust, or don't care/believe.
edit on 21-12-2012 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I say the red line be if they take our guns. Because that's what they're doing right now. And any red line drawn after will be meaningless because we'll be powerless to enforce said line. I'm not advocating any bloodshed or anything like that, but I do believe the peoples time to stand up and defened their rights is at hand.
edit on 21-12-2012 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Our government has paid mercenaries functioning as military combatants overseas...it's just a matter of time until we see them on our streets; courtesy of the Department of Homeland Security of FEMA or some other oppressive para-military organization or angency. Brought to you by the U.S. Federal government....wait and see...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
TSA.
DHS.
NDAA.
Drones flying over America.
Placing conditions on the Constitution's Amendments.

A common saying found here on ATS is, "Once you sacrifice freedom for security, you end up with neither."
(Ben Franklin?)

We already live in a police state where we have ceded our personal responsibilities for our own safety.

"Help me, government! I can't feed myself without your guidelines! I can't own a firearm without your input! I can't live without your help!"

America has turned into a whiney needy sissy-state where individuality, personal responsibility, the right to defend one's own self has all been regulated to the state.

Martial Law beginning in 2013?

Bull!

It began a few days after 9/11.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join