It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, you are right of course. I do highly recommend it though, especially to parents of young kids that have people pushing them to put their kids on ritalin and such.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
We don't need city people for anything, especially not advice on how we should be living.

And city folks sure don't need an advice from those who aren't equipped for living in the city.

City people can't live without us though.

I guess you are right, the folks in the cities need other people to serve their various needs. There is always genuine need for low-skill labor that even not the brightest person can master. Right on.

Who do you think grows the veggies, who do you think rears, raises, butchers and packages the meat?

Why do I need to think about a schmuck who packages my burgers some place in the middle of nowhere? I have better things to do.

I can go on, but I think I made my point.

You did. Now, back to the veggies. Quick.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I sweat and bleed for every cent I make

Why? I'm curious. Smart people don't usually bleed for every cent they make.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

We aren't the ones trying to force our ways on you people..... Do you see us trying to force you to buy a gun, force you to hunt? Force you to turn off your TV and go for a walk or something?

By all means, don't think about us at all. We are just stupid rednecks right?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, you are right of course. I do highly recommend it though, especially to parents of young kids that have people pushing them to put their kids on ritalin and such.

Oh, definitely! Any young kids, really, considering how many sickos there are running around. Even other kids can be a danger these days. You know the world is messed up when you have to warn children to be careful of other children.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Because stuff happens. Bust a knuckle open while sanding some narrow steps and such things. It happens when working with your hands, hands get banged up.

But I am just an idiot countryboy that has mastered a few different trades......
edit on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:13:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Because stuff happens. Bust a knuckle open while sanding some narrow steps and such things. It happens when working with your hands, hands get banged up.

Oh, that. Of course. I did plenty of construction myself. What I was asking was, if you like doing this very much, then stop making a drama out of it. If you don't like doing it, do something else.

But I am just an idiot countryboy that has mastered a few different trades...

That seems a non sequitur.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Being good at something and liking it, doesn't make it any less hard manual work. I work very hard for my money, why would I let someone else take it from me?

City people are so irrational. You can't fix what is broken in your societies, that causes people to be so angry and lash out at others with whatever tool at their disposal. Instead of fixing that, you want to push federal restrictions, that effect areas that are not broken like your cities. You want to take certain tools away from the whole country, because some people in your cities misuse them tools. The underlying cause needs to be addressed and fixed, not the banning of tools these people misuse.
edit on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:36:07 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Being good at something and liking it, doesn't make it any less hard manual work. I work very hard for my money, why would I let someone else take it from me?

Don't, just stop making a point of how hard it is.

City people are so irrational.

This generalization is so mind boggling, it's scary. There are all sorts of people living in the city, and all you have is a silly cookie-cutter notion of "irrational". Bleh.

You want to take certain tools away from the whole country, because some people in your cities misuse them tools.

I personally don't live in anything resembling a city. The part of Connecticut where the tragedy happened, I think, hardly qualifies as a city. So I'm at loss as to what you are trying to say here.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

My generalization doesn't feel very nice, does it? How do you think being lumped in with criminals feels? Having people want us to give up our tools because people in some far away city don't know how to play nice?

Newtown certainly isn't country, if that is what you are trying to imply. It's a suburb, which is why everyone freaked out. Suburbs give a great illusion of being close enough to the city, but far enough away to not be effected by it's violence. When that illusion is shattered, people freak out.
edit on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:59:49 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So now we have but two choices... sounds familiar.

Either armed guards in every school... welcome to the police state.

Or

No citizen may possess a gun ever. Only the government and the police, oh and the criminals.

Why oh why do we let them determine the narrative on every single issue?

If you are pro 2nd amendment it does NOT mean you have to be pro-police state.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I think that is a great point. Having the NRA (GOVERNMENT) come out with this does have some question. We all need to look at this at all angles but some agree this EVENT, DRAMA does create some sort of emotion.

The Government wants us to fight.

The funny thing is that more honest discourse on common issues happen on ATS ( and some other sites, if someone wants to clue me in) than honest discourse in Congress or the Senate. Dont let me get started on the Powers they decided to give the White House.

There are many sides to this.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Think about it.

We have armed guards everywhere else, banks, airports, malls, etc.

Why NOT have armed guards at schools? Store owners have guns to protect their money. Why shouldn't we protect the children in schools with the same means?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

That has been pointed out many times in this thread. Including myself. But, what does that create?? We cant even secure our borders let alone secure our kids.

Does the mandate come from the UN? I mean, the control is crazy to think about.

Why didnt the Lockerbie issue start this in the first place? Facebook and Twitter didnt exist back then. Why didnt the Munich Olympics cause such an issue?? Facebook and Twitter didnt exist back then.

We can go back to such many tragedies and wonder "why". We are in an era where mass media creates those questions. Whether there good or not, I think I look towards the 2nd Amendment and say I think EVERYONE deserves the right to bear arms to protect itself from......

edit on 24-12-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's quite suspicious the gun law issues. Why do they need armed guards ?
The government knows who did it (theyselves) this is just another way to take all the rights from the people, lucky me that I live faaaar faar away usa... still the u.s government will affect my life as if I were american in the future.

The amount of guns and gun laws in the whole world is one topic i'm going to write in the following weeks in my blog.

Check it out manbl0g.blogspot.fi...

I tried to write entertainingally about things that might seem to boring to people who don't understand anything

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

My generalization doesn't feel very nice, does it?

Since you insist, I must be more direct expressing my feedback, so there: this generalization is very, very stupid. Generally, stupid is not nice. So I concur.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
So now we have but two choices... sounds familiar.

We don't.

Either armed guards in every school... welcome to the police state.

Well, that's what NRA is proposing, right?

I'm sure there are a few reasonable people in NRA, but let me say this: there is so much outrageous chest pounding and screaming about freedom and all on the part of NRA and GOP, and now what do we have?

What we have is the proposal from the same people who pretend they like freedom, to keep my kids in an environment reminiscent of a forced labor camp. H&K anyone?

By the way, guess what... You hire a massive number of armed guards, you are bound to hire one who's mentally unstable, and one day after his girlfriend dumps him, he opens up on the kids. Is this too hard to imagine? And look, he'll have a firearm by definition of the "armed guard". And ammo. And a police scanner and maybe a vest.

Or

No citizen may possess a gun ever. Only the government and the police, oh and the criminals.

Who ever said that? Sounds really silly and bizarre.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Judging by the replies it sounds like some of you have had really bad experiences with LE in schools.

At my school they were fairly low key/plainclothes. Acting like a crazy cop would've invited retaliation.

Teachers were on their last nerve, not good candidates for concealed carry. The cops kept things calm. Most of the kids had dealt with cops their whole life. They knew the drill and didn't escalate around LE.

If you live in a violent place you either adapt or become a victim. For whatever reason suburbia is creating an extremely violent criminal element. It's tough to live around violence and there's no easy answers. I know we had our fill of it.

We now live in a county of 6500 people. There's probably more guns than people yet very few murders. I think it's less about guns and more about the people carrying them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What would Jesus say to the NRA?

Here is an article for your consideration. I bring it up as a discussion starter, not because I endorse or do not endorse all that it says.

Quoting: "From his birth in the manger as a homeless refugee until his brutal execution on the Roman cross, Jesus was very familiar with violence. Emmanuel means “God with us.” Jesus’s coming to earth is all about a God who leaves the comfort of heaven to join the suffering on earth. The fact that Christians throughout the world regularly identify with a victim of violence – and a nonviolent, grace-filled, forgiving victim – is perhaps one of the most fundamentally life-altering and world-changing assumptions of the Christian faith. Or it should be. So what does that have to do with the NRA?......"

www.redletterchristians.org...

So what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading my post.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I will repost, again, what I posted in other threads dealing with Sandy Hook, because I want in know how I -- one of the chief architects of what ATS is today -- thinks of our membership in respect to the subject:

The Tragedy at Sandy Hook

HAS BROUGHT OUT THE WORST

of AboveTopSecret.com

I and our staff have witnessed the most incredible shameless self-absorbed credulous nonsense from our members following one of the worst horrors ever to hit a small community -- much less any community.

And this thread is the absolute worst display of your ludicrous narcissistic conjecture -- outing personal details of a private citizen and mocking him on the pages of our precious ATS for the world to see.

You should be ashamed -- but clearly, you're not capable of that.

This site, and its discussion board, was refashioned between 2003 and 2005 to hold conspiracy speculation to a higher standard and ideal than the typical mayhem and lunacy that was then popular throughout Internet communities dealing with similar subject matter. Our motto of "Deny Ignorance" was a call to action to be skeptical critical thinkers with regard to official stories and the ever worsening mass media. We took a great deal of flak, absorbed consistent criticism, and often saw ourselves smeared simply for holding to our ideals that these subjects deserve better of us. ATS management and staff held strong, never wavered, and grew to one of the most popular discussion boards of any topic.

The wildly foolish self-absorbed conjecture regarding the massacre in Newtown, CT has, in my opinion, thrown the quality of conversation on ATS all the way back to how horrible it was before we started our 6 years of hard work. Posting personal information of private citizens, then casting nasty aspersions on them, is the lowest of lows I've ever seen on this site for which I was once proud.

Those who have the urge to speculate on the minute oddities of the "story line" as is currently known should take fair warning that if the ethical quality of the discussion does not immediately improve, the staff will have no choice but to place a temporary hold on all discussions related to the massacre.

The staff and I will not let you ruin our years of hard work and suffer your ridiculousness.

Re-posting this here since this thread has touched on the Sandy Hook incident a few times.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join