It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actors, Acting and the general perception.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Whats is an actor?
ac·tor
/ˈaktər/
Noun
1.A person whose profession is acting on the stage, in movies, or on television.
2.A person who behaves in a way that is not genuine.
Synonyms
player - performer

en.wikipedia.org...

The ancient Greek word for an "actor," ὑποκριτής (hypokrites), means literally "one who interprets";[2] in this sense, an actor is one who interprets a dramatic character.

Over the past few days I have read some comments reffering to currents events and acting, some of which reffering to some figures not possibly being able to be actors due to the emotional requirement of the event.
Well I have to say either the people making these comments view too much "jersey shore" and have no idea what goes into making a real actor, not a "Hollywood" actor.
This thread is more about plausibility than anything else, after viewing the thread I hope people are more open to the fact actors are than just people who stand infront of an audience, that there is more going on than your brain recieving the information from the screen or stage.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Everyone acts in life. If we are in a scarey situation we act brave. If we are in a situtaion thats driving us mad and need to get out we may just act this way.

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

join