It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening!!!! (Update: Maryland Power Outage)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

UPDATE (10:14 p.m.)--Tens of thousands of homes throughout Anne Arundel County are without electricity Thursday night after unexplained blue and green lights filled the skyline just before 9 p.m.

According to Baltimore Gas and Electric's (BGE) Twitter account, the company lost service to two main feeder lines into the Annapolis service area at approximately 9 p.m.

The outages seem to be concentrated in the greater Annapolis region, but lights flickered in other communities including Severn, Odenton, Crofton and Bowie.

"We have no working incidents right now," said Lt. Keith Hamilton of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department. Firefighters and paramedics are responding to multiple alarms from Crownsville and Annapolis though, Hamilton said.

"I've never seen anything like this complete loss of power," said Annapiols Mayor Josh Cohen.

annearundel.patch.com...-12661183

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CB6699

3 days of darkness aka no electricity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.capitalgazette.com...
Says a Massive power outage plunges Annapolis into dark.

I will add that there are probably some people freaking out over right now if they tie this into an unnatural event.
edit on 20-12-2012 by starshift because: add

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hillarious.... last part of the above sourced article:

Annapolis Mayor Josh Cohen kept his sense of humor during the outage, posting this message on Twitter: "Stay calm and collected. It's not the Mayan apocalypse. I need to get the Market House reopened before the world ends."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
reply to post by CB6699

3 days of darkness aka no electricity

Guess only annapolis is getting wiped off the earth then....phew....at least Atlanta is safe....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe someone was having one heck of an end of the world rave party with those flood light things that can light up the sky when there is low lying clouds. Low lying clouds are very reflective. Sometimes just a police car, fire truck or other vehicles can light up the sky like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
hope the whole world plunges into darkness. would be amazing.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Anyone keeping an eye on the sun maybe its causing the transformers to overload and it'll spread so the whole world will be in darkness

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
or it's ac/dc rocking the house in maryland.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Solar and geomagnetic activity are impressively calm.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Annapolis weather here:
forecast page

Moderate rain will continue across central and southern Maryland through the late evening hours. Through 11pm...expect around one tenth inch additional rainfall.
Coastal Flood Advisory in effect until 3 PM EST Friday...
High wind watch in effect from Saturday morning through Saturday afternoon...

So, I would go with electrical/transformer issue.
edit on Thu Dec 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

Click on thumbnail

edit on Thu Dec 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added another map

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Solar and geomagnetic activity are impressively calm.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Same for seismicity...pretty calm really, in the ring of fire. I am monitoring the situation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's started, it's the age of the transformers, they're too fecking old.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"It's Happening!" Before I even clicked on the thread I knew that was hogwash. I don't think a power station going out constitutes the apocalypse. Nice way to reel in viewers though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know there are Alot of storms going on right now, Annapolis where?? Didn't look like there was Ice or anything. Transformers go like that. But I'd have to venture to say that was A line of tranformers, and or sub stations. Very cool light show indeed. Don't want to be up close to a transformer blowing. Have one on up in the back yard, one time it blew (out of 3 times, a tree was the reason) I almost hit the floor, It shook the house for a second.

link   
...oh look...storms and a power outage....a reasonable explanation.....it must be the beginning of the end.

link   

they come .... not a power substation exploded, no fire, and the smoke if the substation exploded ..

link   

I have to say, if I saw that right now, I'd probably freak out.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Its the Norwegian looking aliens in their Disco Ball ship coming to save us from the 70's.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
LOL @ ghetto commentary on last video

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join