It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Addresses Dozens in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Julian Assange Addresses Dozens in London

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com

Video of the complete speech, posted online by Britain’s Channel 4 News, showed Mr. Assange assuring his followers that, despite what he described as threats against his life, he would continue to press on with the release of “over a million” new documents obtained from whistle-blowers and hackers. In a mangled turn of phrase that will perhaps resonate with critics who say that Mr. Assange has erased the line between the organization and himself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Julian Assange has just spoken to a crowd outside of the London Embassy. This speech of his was not widely publicised at all, as i myself had only heard about his upcoming (now past) speech once. He talks about how he will continue the fight despite the attacks and threats against him. Furthermore, he also talks about the true definition of Democracy. while rallying the people against the corrupt governments and media of the world. This is truly an amazing speech.

The video of Assange's speech can be seen below:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-12-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thanks for sharing this. Line between himself and organization cut?? So he's going wildcat and starting over with a new leaks organization? I'm not real clear on how he puts the material out unless he's going to simply flood the net by things like P2P, torrents, Deepweb and the like..and all at once. That sounds outstanding and I want to see what he has. Absolutely. If it includes what he was sitting on before the Iraq War diaries changed the face of Wiki-leaks, then we could be in for some real first class entertainment.

People had sent them drives from BofA among other things. Whole hard drives from exec level offices. Not to mention TSA related stuff in volume I recall reading on W.L. as upcoming things ..before all that blew open.

Oh, I really hope he does return to the grind of actually putting material out. There is so much, I'm sure and he's proven himself to be reliable to leak TO in more ways than Woodward and Bernstein ever could have.

Go Assange Go! (Just keep the faith is all I ask)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hes got to find another "sucker", I mean informant.............

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, I'll bet there won't be any more Manning's in his future and I'm not sure he'd want to all over a second time. (besides...a Government might just airstrike a whole Embassy to get him after a second world blowout leak. lol)

I was a fan long before Manning popped up though and W.L. had good good stuff. I was sorry to see it all but implode from the focus on Iraq and Afghanistan. So much for disclosure of all kinds was lost for the benefit of war leaks. I don't think he'll have any trouble receiving all the material he can handle in the "very grey" to "light black" stuff we'll all still love to see and read.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
S&F!
Man, there has got to be a lot of people literally frothing at the mouth over this guy about now.
I love it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Problem is, his reputation is in question.

Many people fell that way about him now.

Bail Jumping? Check.

When he held out the Leaks? Check.

top topics

join