It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

yes but there are ways to express yourself without demeaning others. (I haven't seen the removed post so I can only presume that this was the reason)

using belittling words and being sort of passive agressive, is counter productive. And you've been here long enough to know that being unkind to others is frowned upon. There's no real need for smugness, yes there have been alot of people making alot of predictions, and yes, they were pretty much all BS.

Be nice, this is the age of love after all

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I know...

Same as every time one of these events doesn't materialise...

Cheers dude

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Don't let it bother you.

It will wither and die off eventually...

Just be thankful it's over and done with finally.
*buzzer sounds*

I'm sorry, that was not the correct answer. This is faaaaaar from over. Goal posts will be moved. (and already have been) There will always be some end of days prediction floating around. Human nature or summat.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

yes but there are ways to express yourself without demeaning others. (I haven't seen the removed post so I can only presume that this was the reason)

using belittling words and being sort of passive agressive, is counter productive. And you've been here long enough to know that being unkind to others is frowned upon. There's no real need for smugness, yes there have been alot of people making alot of predictions, and yes, they were pretty much all BS.

Be nice, this is the age of love after all

Well my post was complete sarcasm (as 90% of my posts always are) and the only thing offensive was at the end I said "piss off" and put a laughing smiley like this

But yes... cool, I get it, we all play nice and help the deluded people to get over their issues.

It's fine

edit on 21/12/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
aah, sarcasm. Sometimes that doesn't come over on the interwebs. (fell victim to that myself many times)

especially at times when people are a bit twitchy.

I think we should be making predictions on which dates the next predictions will predict their predictions.

I'll have a quid on March 27.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Same as every time one of these events doesn't materialise...

Exactly!

And because we've seen it before, we know what to expect...

It'll be run word for word from the GFL playbook:

First there'll be a bit of a calm for the believers to recoup, then we'll have a few threads over the coming weeks where the story will be defended and changed to a later date or whatever other story they can come up with and then eventually, the last of the 2012 believers will give up because the majority of ATS will drag their arses over the coals for it.

By March it'll be completely dead and gone, that's where new doom will arrive!

I predict comet ISON will be the hot ticket.

edit on 21/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
hhmmm...so the rational people have to treat people that instilled fear and anxiety for months on end, with kid-gloves. i wonder if all of those people that spent money on doomsday housing, bugout bags, large caches of food, medical supplies, weapons, ammo, water filtration systems, the list goes on....will be as sympathetic. or will they feel like a piece of candy on the end of a stick.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Exactly!

And because we've seen it before, we know what to expect...

It'll be run word for word from the GFL playbook:

First there'll be a bit of a calm for the believers to recoup, then we'll have a few threads over the coming weeks where the story will be defended and changed to a later date or whatever other story they can come up with and then eventually, the last of the 2012 believers will give up because the majority of ATS will drag their arses over the coals for it.

By March it'll be completely dead and gone, that's where new doom will arrive!

I predict comet ISON will be the next Elenin.

I thought the GFL threads were pretty hilarious actually... as well as many other lesser ones.
This time, I pretty much avoided them all and I will do most times to be honest.

LOL and YES!! Last time wasn't it the weather or some sort of mechanical fault with the fleet of UFOs on Oct 14th??

I wonder what It'll be this time.... Mayans didn't include leap years, the beings that these 2012 people were channelling were on the wrong frequency and got the dates mixed up, it's actually 21st Dec 2013?

OK future dates....

Imma say... 1st Feb 2013

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There are those that are capable of living by a simple motto: "Live and let live."

And then there are those who are too arrogant and immature of mind to be able to follow such a motto... Hence the reason why a thread like this has to be made.

The human condition is a pathetically sad one more times than not, it seems.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Somehow I had a feeling the postings here would end up in this way. Yes and yes and no and no.
The End Of The World theory based on historical writings was largely and simply misinterpreted by the mere fact of not comprehending the old writings. This is also due to the fact (unfortunately ignored by modern linguists) that our Ancients also had dialects like in English take the car boot or is it a trunk? The same way with our ancestors.

The Maya, the Sumerians, all of them were aware of the cyclic events of sky objects. The "End Of The World" the end of the point when Earth reaches the solstice is the end and starts anew. If the planet Nibiru is in existence they talk about "its" solstice point, end point before it returns. The return is the approaching - out of its gravitational apex back towards the Sun. It is a natural thing in space. The worries such event might cause a collision with Earth are acceptable, but we need more data before commencing evacuation procedures (if it would matter then anyway - we have nowhere to go, really. Unless we are capable of physically changing course of such an object approaching Earth's orbit). What we need is to get science to come clean and spend their research on that. A Mars rover won't help to determine a collision of a deep sky object with Earth.

However, there is no evidence in any writings found that talks about future collision with Earth. In fact the only collision event occurred created Earth and the Moon and the asteroid belt.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
There are those that are capable of living by a simple motto: "Live and let live."

And then there are those who are too arrogant and immature of mind to be able to follow such a motto... Hence the reason why a thread like this has to be made.

Shouldn't you be ascended by now?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Why... am I supposed to be ?
Or are you making an arrogantly rhetorical question serving no purpose other than to feed your own ego ?

You just proved my point for me.
Thank you for your cooperation.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I can see that the human ego really likes to bother people and does not care about each other. There are no other reasons for us to constantly lie to each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Why... am I supposed to be ?
Or are you making an arrogantly rhetorical question serving no purpose other than to feed your own ego?
You just proved my point for me.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Any time. I'd like a "I survived the mayan apocalypse" shirt. IM me for details.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well nothing strange to report here. Just a normal day, But with one of the most beautiful sun rises ive ever seen!. Just finished work so i ask anyone. Did the large hidden spaceship in france pick anyone up on that mountain?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Look, I've not gone and done the old "I told you so thing", as I said it got tired before it even could start.

But.

There were some really, really, really, really, really persistent, arrogant and rude members who posted on the 2012 forums...

The ones who would continually post videos or photos of lens flare and call them Nubiru.

Those are the ones most I assume want to go "HA!!" to, hell I'd like to at least hear their thoughts on it all, do they learn from it or do they continue on as they are?

I think that this whole 2012 thing has been, if anything, quite the social experiment on human behavior.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I can see that the human ego really likes to bother people and does not care about each other. There are no other reasons for us to constantly lie to each other.

That's partially true. But I think it has to do with educating people and an increasing, justifiable mistrust into our education system. People seek answers which they are denied access to. Only the elite scientists have that information and keep it that way. Universities are not designed to teach the public, neither to give access to everyone (it's not cheap to go to university if you live on the streets). That is the real issue. And on that part, you are right with ego. The result is, knowledge is based on economics and numbers. And that's just unjustifiable. I don't know how institutions can rationalize that situation in their heads and continue like that. No offence to everyone here. Just trying to point out a few things. But changing them, I hope it doesn't need an Armageddon to make the people in charge aware of the situation that we need to grant every single person on this planet free and full access to what he or she wishes to study. I say free as in free without fee.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
urgent report from perth west australia...nothing urgent to report...still on high alert though.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This thread needz moar luuurve

To those who are dissapointed out there, expecting whatever you were expecting. Fret not, but learn. How ever many years have been wasted looking to the future for something which doesn't happen, that can end. Spend more time in the moment you are in, and let the future be what the future will be. Be happy, be fruitful, and love the ones you are with.

This little video shows you what a little bit of love can do. Terry Jones anti islam rant vrs the beatles.

inspiring

(I just wanted an excuse to post the video)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
well its the same old same old, once again something did happen. A storm in the north east, people are dead due to an accident because of the bad weather and Ivy roads, so yep something happened. I haven't seen a day yet in history when something didn't happen.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join