It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientists Debunk 6 Doomsday Rumors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

I am well aware of the location of the Juan Fernandez Islands, but thank you for that. What I was asking was what time specifically Pacific Time is it supposedly to begin there according to your sources? Right when the clock strikes and it becomes the 21st?

reply to post by TheCanuckian

Haha, yes it seems whether something is true or not, the more one talks about it the more "real" it seems to become for some. The old "just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true" saying applies here.

Ahhh, yes but science fiction is always a good read.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yes #5 is wrong because we still can not monitor most of the sky but you miss the point. THEY KNOW that they are wrong and said it anyways. The same with the sun. It probably will not explode but a big enough flare could show up in a couple of hours and we all die anyways.
They also KNOW THAT. So we know that on at least 2 of the threats they brought up they are lying.

As to the polar shift. Scientists are still in disagreement about WHY the earth rotates the way it does. They have theory's but not conclusive proof so they do not know for sure.

What this means is that it is PROBABLE that if NASA KNEW that something would happen tomorrow they would not tell us. Mass hysteria and all that plus we know that they are already lying to us. Do YOU believe people who you know lie to you?

Personally I do not believe anything will happen tomorrow. Not because NASA says so but because with the way my life has been going it would probably constitute good luck for me. Something I am sadly lacking in.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by miniatus

One passed dangerously close to us Wednesday but was long predicted to pass us.

This was 2 days prior to the 21st. Nothing else is set to pass us by any time soon.

Dangerously close? It appears your definition is a little different then mine. It was only 5 kilometers in diameter and missed us by 7 million kilometers!

reply to post by Guenter

Haha, I definitely agree with you, however, the facts for some are just not interesting or entertaining enough to be the truth!

I concur with what most of you said, but I am not so sure 9/11 happened as it is told, although I would prefer we not get into that hear as that is irrelevant to this thread, as is the Newton shootings, which were simply a terrible tragedy.

Like you I also hope there will be some shift in thinking that will come in terms of love and peace, but I do not think it will happen in an instant like some propose.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Ummm, yes I want to believe NASA. Also, I never have said that the moon landing was a "hoax," therefore your argument that everyone says it was is simply wrong and is a overgeneralization.

Funny crowd? It is a crowd of people with differing opinions who debate over what they feel are important topics. Sounds like your normal, typical crowd of people to me.

Hope you enjoy your day, sounds like you got a good one planned!

reply to post by Phage

Excellent point!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by Guenter

I concur with what most of you said, but I am not so sure 9/11 happened as it is told, although I would prefer we not get into that hear as that is irrelevant to this thread, as is the ,,,

Again I also do not want to go into this. I am just one who does not buy the OS and also not buying the NWO/Mossad/UFO/Bilderberg crap did it either. The truth is somewhere in the middle.
Shifts in mentality happen not so much due to seminal events but rather as a collective of common experiences. The Civil rights movement was mostly caused by BLACK ww2 veterans who had seen the atrocities of the 3rd Reich and then returned back home to similar NAZI like conditions of segregation. So naturally they aked why did we risk our lives "over there" and live under similar conditions at home? And it was again not a snap the finger event. And it didn't happen within 24 hours either.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

For #5: See Phage's post. Also, nothing big enough to cause the end of the world has been spotted and it would have been spotted by now if it were to hit by tomorrow the 21st.

For #4: It won't happen by tomorrow and may not for 5 billion years. Where's your proof it will suddenly do this on the 21st?

So, no they are not lying on these 2 rumors. They say they do not see a killer asteroid coming our way and they say that the evidence shows that #4 will not happen tomorrow. How are these lies when they are based on actual evidence and information conducted through research?

For #6: They may be in disagreement over how the earth rotates, but what's going to make it change in an instant that it will happen tomorrow the 21st?

You say all of this and claim they are lying, however, you do not think anything will happen?
This then would mean they are telling the truth and that nothing will happen tomorrow.

On another note: I am sorry to hear bad luck has been going your way and hope that things turn around for you but not in terms of the end of the world

reply to post by Guenter

I definitely lean toward the argument that the truth is somewhere in the middle between what was told and the numerous conspiracy theories that have been built up in the past 11 years. Unfortunately, discovering that truth in the middle appears to be something that will elude us for a long time to come.
edit on 12/20/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join