Thought this was an interesting article and did not find any thread on it so far. So here is the link to the article:
The 6 rumors that the NASA Scientists address in the article on CNN through videos are as follows:
1. Mayan Calendar: Mayan civilization destroyed before they could or would have created a new calendar in the future, similar to what we do every
2. Runaway Planet ("Nibiru"): We can't see it!
3. Glactic Alignment: Earth, Sun, and center of Milky Way line up every December!
4. Solar Apocalypse: It will happen, but not for 5 billion years!
5. Killer Asteroid: Nothing has been found to be on course to collide with Earth.
6. Polar Shift: Not possible to change how our planet rotates in a single day.
Personally, I think tomorrow will pass by like any other day and I will be treating it as such. Although I do hope their is some sort of positive
change that may begin in the world starting tomorrow in some unexplainable way.
Thoughts everyone? Agree or disagree with the explanations given by NASA Scientists? Did they leave anything out? Did they leave out a more popular
rumor that you think could come true or not for that matter?
On another note: I loved the link at the bottom of the CNN article, which links to another article titled, Be honest: Apocalypse kind exciting? Uhh,
yea it appears so (especially on ATS)
Also, of interest on the Mayan Calendar video the NASA scientist says that some interpret the end of the calendar to be the 23rd not the 21st. So all
of you hoping the noise dies down about the end of the world may have to wait until after the 23rd now.
edit on 12/20/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)