It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did he go to Sandy Hook Elementary? Plausible scenario?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Even if he had a social/mental disorder, he still had to choose a place to go on that day. He made a decision on his own after his mother was killed. He took guns, he took his mother's life, took her car, and drove to SHES.

I have read reports that his mom may have been trying to get him out into the real world. She was hinting to him that he would need to fly the coop, get a job, start his own thing. There are also reports that he may have visited the school, on a date prior to the shooting. That visit may have resulted in some sort of altercation. Supposedly, he was so mentally dependent on his mother, that just her mention of separation, could have pushed him into fight mode. However, just maybe, he wanted to give separation a try, to appease his mom.

Due to the motherly prodding, he reluctantly went to the school to scope a job. Perhaps, he went to apply for a position as a substitute, or custodian. Note it was very close to his home, which was probably easier for him to handle, mentally. I would imagine this visit may have been one of the most difficult personal challenges he would have ever attempted on his own. When that visit to the school went awry, it could have completely broken him down mentally, and equipped him with tremendous rage; against his mother, the school, and himself.

Plausible?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

I've read a number of news articles that said he attended SHES briefly earlier in his youth. I'd assume he had some awful memories/associations with his time there.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Plausible with some minor tweaks, perhaps.

The way I heard it and the way I tend to believe it went down was that he felt like he was in competition with the kids in her classes for her attention, so by killing them he was killing a part of his mother, even though she was already dead.

But hey, we'll probably never know the truth.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I thought it was confirmed that he never had an altercation with the principal the day before. I am getting so many conflicting reports: Was he mentally unstable? Was his mom a prepper? Did she train her son to use guns? (why would she train a mentally unstable man to use guns?!)

I will wait and see what they conclude to be the motive.

Nice try, though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
in my opinion it was carried out by others and he was planted at the scene there were far to many conflicting reports in the moments right after the incedent that now seem to have disapeared from the internet,

this is not being disrespectful to victims and their family's. (and believe he and his mother were victims too)

tighter gun laws are coming you're way.or on the flip side sales of guns have soard in the days following, mabey the gun manufacturers are behind it,think outside the box,
edit on 20-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I too was under the impression that the altercation statement was wrong. Also was under the impression there was an official statement that she had not worked there, even as a substitute teacher.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just wonder what made him mad enough to do it. Something had to upset him.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shelbylcollins

welcome to ats btw

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
in my opinion it was carried out by others and he was planted at the scene there were far to many conflicting reports in the moments right after the incedent that now seem to have disapeared from the internet,

this is not being disrespectful to victims and their family's. (and believe he and his mother were victims too)

tighter gun laws are coming you're way.

Hey,
How long was her blog on the internet prior to the shooting?

Just imagine for a moment, the wrong people took an interest in her plight...thought they could help her 'out' and use the scenario to their benefit?

So instead of assisting the mother in her plight for help...her blog gets infamous after the fact. Somebody dropped the ball in a bad way. Aren't certain words supposed to alert someone in national security?

I haven't read her blog, so I don't know if she used any alerting words in it.
That's a sad reality, if it's true. Was she asking for help?

Crap! I just realized my post may not be addressing the topic.

How would he look if he functioned well enough to go to an entirely different town? His story won't match-up.
edit on (12/20/1212 by loveguy because: i like pancakes

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
With all of the conflicting reports coming through, I think it is safe to say that we don't know crap about what happened there. So with that in mind, your theory is just as good as anyone else's. Reports were initially that she was a teacher at the school and was dead in her classroom. Then she was an EA at the school, no report on where she was killed only that she was dead. Now we are told that she volunteered at the school even though no one at the school knew her. First he was let in the school because they knew him, and for some reason the bullet proof vest and three guns did not bother them, now he shot his way in and fired off over 200 rounds and had plenty left over from a rifle that was found in the trunk of the car since they originally reported that he was found with 2 semi-auto handguns and nothing else. So far there has been no retraction of that report, they just added the rifle somewhere and hoped no one would notice. Even after the official investigation is complete and the media reports what they say they have determined, we will never know the truth.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

what blog i never made any refrence to a blog

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It has been reported that his mother may have either : i) tried to find a college for him or ii) intended to have him sectioned. If it was true that she had tried to find a college for him I wonder if the school had provided a report about him that made it unlikely that a college would take him.

Alternatively if she had intended to have him sectioned or put into an institution it's possible that the school provided a report which supported this course of action. Either scenario could explain his anger. against both his mother and the school. Just speculation of course based on what has been reported so far.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by loveguy

what blog i never made any refrence to a blog

Sorry,
I made a mistake.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that all the doomsday stuff made him snap? I am under the impression that he killed the kids because he felt his mother cared more about them than himself and he did it out of sick rage. The only thing I am sure about is that he should have been under psychiatric care.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

He thought his mother was going to send him to a psychiatric treatment center.

He thought his mother loved the little kids at Sandy Hook (where she occasionally helped out) more.
That is the latest I have heard. Apparently his mom was friends with the Principal and Psychiatrist who were also shot and killed. I think he thought they were all against him, and sending him away to an institution.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That is exactly where he should have been. We will probably never know what made him snap. Does anyone know if he was on any medications? I know from experience that the wrong medications can literally drive a person crazy especially if they are miss diagnosed. I was misdiagnosed by a VA doctor and they put me on antidepressants and it literally drove me crazy and because those drugs take affect slowly the changes were not noticeable to me. I literally had no idea what was wrong with me and didn’t notice that I had changed. My family pleaded with me to see another doctor and when I did he correctly diagnosed me but it took quite a while till I returned to normal. I am not in any way trying to defend that guy I am just saying until we know the full story this is going to be a horrific mystery.

What could drive a person to commit such a heinous act of senseless violence against innocents like that?

new topics

top topics

join