It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's December 21, 2012 In New Zealand And The World Still Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowBase
reply to post by Jason88

I did not mean to put that on you. You just made me realize that the "told you so" cries are about to start. Guess it made me read a bit more into it, sorry.

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I don't think that is necessarily the case, but I think in this instance it would be as the Dec 21, 2012 crowd have been preaching doom and gloom for well over 3yrs now. Everything from a giant planet that I have still to see in the night sky (man that thing is going to take one heck of a movement overnight) to the whole world just having a cataclysmic event. Gullible people and innocent children have been living in fear that they are living on limited time. So I would say in this particular instance it is merited.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

Yea by all means, the last thing we want to be is respectful. We are human beings, we learn by trial and error. Every single scientific discovery has its own journey. We work with the information we have available to us and do our best, how can anyone ask for more? If 21.12.2012 goes by silently you wont see me talking down to those who expected differently, if anything we should treat them with respect and be thankful for the work they have done within their fields that in many cases have brought us good data for later use. And if something where to happen, I stand corrected. Nothing more and nothing less. Not saying there are no people out there who spreads disinformation, all I'm saying is that they are not the ones who will have a difficult time after being proven wrong.

And that they are irresponsible for informing people of what they believe will happen is just bag of #. Again not saying there are none of those but there are a lot more people who actually believes it. If someone believes that he/she has good reasons to believe that something terrible will happen, don't you want them to share those reasons? Judging people for not having read every single line of text that one self has is irresponsible.

Anyone who fails just increases the chance of success for somebody else.

I can agree with you on some of that however, I have to point out that they have not exactly been respectful either. as pointed out earlier in this same thread. The people who dared to dissend from the beliefs of the doomsayers have been ridiculed and called names implied we are stupid or blind etc. So I would say your argument is a bit hypocritical. Valid as it may be, but still hypocritical at the same time.

You are right though. No one deserves to be ridiculed at all no matter what they believe. So I recant my previous statement. They don't deserve it, but I for one still think and am quite glad they were wrong.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The first of tons of "told you so" statements. This is the reason people are afraid of researching unconventional and conspiratorial topics. Disgusting.

Goddamn and frakkin sjite, was just about to create
a dedicated "Told u so Thread"...

edit on 2012/12/20 by Miccey because: spelled # wrong....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

The best thing for us to do is to don't care what the other part may or may not do and do what is right.
Good to hear that there are some good people out there.
Btw, what did you mean was hypocritical?
edit on 20-12-2012 by ShadowBase because: removed word

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

see above post,

"ignorance is curable, stupid is forever" -Heinlein
just calling it as i see it, and denying ignorance.
You calling it a kiwi thing and
me calling it as i and others saw it and denying ignorance as i see fit...son.

tut, tut.

are you trying to claim tweeter is NOT a kiwi [from NZ]?

good luck with that.

continue making mountains out of molehills and be a patronizing "old duffer" at someone else's expense.

lol, trying to be "rational and reasonable", whilst playing the nationality card.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

tut, tut.

are you trying to claim tweeter is NOT a kiwi [from NZ]?

nope.

continue making mountains out of molehills and be a patronizing "old duffer" at someone else's expense.

lol, trying to be "rational and reasonable", whilst playing the nationality card.

you tried the nationality card claiming he the op must be
a kiwi as well lmao.. claiming his stupidity being kiwi and refereing to the op as it must be
a kiwi thing what have you got against kiwis then..

Are you trying to wind people up yes ..would you do it away from mumma's basement i highly
doubt it...

edit on 20-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The best thing for the us to do is to don't care what the other part may or may not do and do what is right.
Good to hear that there are some good people out there.
Btw, what did you mean was hypocritical?

The argument of being considerate to those that believed in 2012 when they may have been wrong etc vs the way they acted towards those that didn't agree with them.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

1- 12AM? lol, with an entire 24 hrs to go? this kiwi obviously needs a brain transplant, and they say americans are stupid
Fair enough but then you write

3- jumping the gun too J? i suppose its a kiwi thing?

^ Obviously aimed at the op ^
And kiwis in general ..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

oh.. hypocritical of them.. got it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

oh.. hypocritical of them.. got it.

I think we should just agree that everyone that has been critical or condescending of someone else for their personal beliefs is wrong!

To be fair on Dec 21, 2012. I think it is safe to say that the world will end for at least 151,000 people.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

edit on 12/20/2012 by Phantom28804 because: Double Post

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I can't wait to point fingers and laugh!!! It's gonna be so awesome to rub all the 2012ers noses in the fact that there was no doomsday. YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! I already feel better about myself and I haven't even posted my 20 page HA-HA NO DOOM dissertation yet. I love making other people feel like sh!t, it's such an awesome feeling, like I'm just so huge and they're just so tiny and stupid. I'll be able to name-call and wax superior for at LEAST a week or more... YEAH I RULE!!!!

/sarcasm

Shame, this craphole could use a good flushing imo.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Shivering Coward because: sp

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I think we should just agree that everyone that has been critical or condescending of someone else for their personal beliefs is wrong!

To be fair on Dec 21, 2012. I think it is safe to say that the world will end for at least 151,000 people.

haha yea. I just noticed my previous post may have been a bit easy to come across in the wrong way. I only meant it as that I understood what you meant.

Not only may it have a negative impact as you said but it has opened a lot of people around the world to the possibilities of celestial events and a bunch of stuff. I like to think that it may actually have brought the world just a tiny bit closer to a better understanding and reignited our interest in space, nature and all the fantastic things that happens around us.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I'm still waiting on see my first drunken mad men or women running around screaming "the world is going to end!". I'll be upset if I don't get to hear about at least one.

Like this guy?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Are you sure? Pics or New Zealand doesn't exist...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That's what I was just thinking.
The world has already ended in New Z so we must disregard any posts from there because obviously, they are already gone.
Removing my tongue from my cheek now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The world ends 11:11AM 12/21/12 EST

edit on 20-12-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
No, the world ends at 11:11 am GMT. There's another post about precise times. Wherever you are it won't end before or after. It's like saying which end of the bus gets to the stop first! The doors open at the same time.

See you all on 22nd!
edit on 20-12-2012 by Alien44 because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm from NZ and it looks like a "beach" day today.

I have just remembered that we are going to a Christmas Party in Hamilton today, so maybe a late afternoon swim in the surf is in order.

Cheers to all freezing in the Northern climes!

Sux 2 B U

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The usual scaremongers about the end of the world! Look what happened when the millennium started about planes falling from the sky, computers failing , end of civilisation as we know it! Utter bull as per usual. Wake up people! When the end comes, you won't know about it as you will be dead when the earth explodes millions of years in the future. Where are all the doom and gloom people who got it wrong yet again! Grow up and get a life all of you that say the end is nigh! Get a placard and walk the streets saying that on it and see how many people care or laugh at you!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
The world ends 11:11AM 12/21/12 EST

edit on 20-12-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

Ok I would like to know first off how the 11:11am came into play. I mean I find it a bit interesting that 11:11 has reared its ugly head again. I am still noting 11:11 everytime I turn around... Anyway so when did that become entwined with the 2012 thing, and furthermore shouldn't it be more like 12:12 on -12-21-12.. Or would that be making it to obvious?

Moving on.. Why does the time have to be EST, CST, PST, MST or any specific time at all? Last I checked it was a calendar ending not a clock.... Just saying. . and I really am not trying to be completely sarcastic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join