It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 LIARS - What Will Your Excuse be on December 22nd?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Imagine...

You are a little kid. Your parents just put you and your little sister into bed, and as you lie staring at the ceiling you feel something is wrong, but try to forget about it. As you lie falling asleep you hear your dad start to scream...

GET THE F***ING KIDS! GET THE F***ING KIDS NOW!

Your mom runs in, grabs you in one arm and your sister in the other. A minute later you are in the car, "running for the hills," literally.

Your sister is shaking and crying, your mom keeps repeating everything is going to be fine.

Your dad turns on the radio, cranks it up to full blast, and you hear Alex Jones screaming, "It's been confirmed! The Russians have fired their Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles! Seek shelter immediately!"

An hour later, you arrive at Uncle Jimbos ranch, and are forced down into an underground bomb shelter, where you have to piss and s*** into a shoebox, next to five other people you don't know, for the next twelve hours, while sitting in the dark, listening to Uncle Jimbo load up magazine clips for his 80 assault rifle collection. An eternity later, you step outside to see the sun shining, squirrels f***ing, birds chirping, the neighbors dog taking a dump while making eye contact with you. You look up to the sky, and for the first time in your short life you realize Mom and Dad are full of s***.

Sounds funny, don't it? Well, it's not. This type of hysteria actually played out on New Years Eve, 1999. William Cooper had stated that he had a cassette tape recording of Alex Jones making these statements before he was murdered. Basically, Alex Jones "had heard" that if any type of "Y2K" glitches occurred within Russia, they would consider it a false flag and launch a "first strike." You can find Cooper talking about this within his 40 hour radio bit torrent archive on the occult (best audio documentary ever).

So, for all the 2012 patsies out there, what are you going to say when the sun comes up the next day? What's your excuse going to be? You all know you already have an excuse made up. I just want to know (shaking my head due to bewilderment), how will you explain this to your kids, friends, and family? Are you going to say Armageddon has been pushed back to 2020? Are you going to blame this guy?

I'm not trying to start a flame war on this forum, I just have to get my feelings off my chest. I really can't stand people that get attention by selling fear and not hope.

edit on 20-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You definitely know how to paint a picture!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"oops I was wrong" ?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
You definitely know how to paint a picture!

this guy?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

Somebody just posted a thread asking people what they were going to say less than 24 hours ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I agree with you, the world has gone mad. Everyone I speak to has to mention this crap about the end of the world.
Me, I am going to enjoy 2 1/2 weeks off work. Catch a bit of sun (Melbourne) play a bit of golf, might go fishing.
Basically I am going to relax because I am back to work on the 7th January when it all starts again.
You do realise when nothing happens the pseudo scholars will revise their calculations and state the world is now going to end in 2019 or something.
They have made a business out of it and while there are gullible people they have a source of income.
See you on the 22nd.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
actually man..
the END of the mayan calendar is on the 21st...
so essentially.. that's the last day of "normalcy"
so the BEGINNING of the "new era" IS on the 22nd...
the first day of "not normalcy" ...

do you understand what i'm saying?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You know, its been my experience reading these boards that the vast majority of 2012 threads are NOT about doom. It seems to me lately there have been a lot of shifting goal posts in play around here. And even further, a lot of insults from the skeptical crowd. Which seems pretty typical.

Not saying there are NO threads predicting the end in two days, but they are rare. And then anyone who seems to think that there may be something significant about the date is lumped into the 'liar' crowd. Sometimes I find myself wondering what makes a lot of these skeptics tick. Must be nice to have the whole damn world figured out.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is what I expect them to say and do

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I still like the idea of pretending the world did end.

And of a future where parents tell their children about the before the world ended, how things were.

Trying to convince future generations that we invented mobile computers and internet all after 2013.

"I survived armageddon and all I got was this 8gb ipod."

link   

Originally posted by prevenge
actually man..
the END of the mayan calendar is on the 21st...
so essentially.. that's the last day of "normalcy"
so the BEGINNING of the "new era" IS on the 22nd...
the first day of "not normalcy" ...

do you understand what i'm saying?

Nope.

link   
reply to post by aivlas

Yeah, and as someone pointed out above, this is at least the second thread just like this one posted in the last 24 hours. Everybody wanting to get their insults in in their very own thread? How cute.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace

Somebody just posted a thread asking people what they were going to say less than 24 hours ago.

I feel emotional right now. It's like New Years Eve 1999 all over again. I just had to get this off my chest.

edit on 20-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Must be nice to have the whole damn world figured out.

Goes both ways.

I personally don't know how the world works. But I can tell when it doesn't work a certain way...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yeah, personally I dont believe I am a skeptic. I am open to a lot of different views and beliefs. I just dont feel anything is going to happen. Bad or Good. Maybe if our thoughts as energy can manifest something good from all this then I am all for it.
It would be nice if the haves in the world through some cosmic interference or a spiritual awakening woke up on the 22nd and thought I am now going to share my wealth with those less fortunate in the world.
I just cant see it, not yet anyway. Mankind as a race has a long way to go yet, I dont think we are just ready for the free spiritual upgrade many are wishing for.
Peace and have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Me, I am going to enjoy 2 1/2 weeks off work.

I'll be sleeping on the 21st, just like 9/11/2001.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well sure it does. When someone actually makes a positive assertion. I mean, if someone posts saying they just received telepathic confirmation that the Annunaki are in route to annihilate Earth, I'll laugh just as hard as the next skeptic. But when someone lumps an entire group of people in together based on the beliefs of a few nd insults them its just absurd.
And I know that goes both ways as well. Its crummy behavior either way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And even further, a lot of insults from the skeptical crowd.

Conjecture deserves nothing less than scorn.

You know what they say, if someone makes a prophecy, and that prophecy doesn't come true, then that person isn't a true prophet. I'm just making my prediction.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Goes both ways.

I personally don't know how the world works. But I can tell when it doesn't work a certain way...

Good point. I am stealing your quote for future reference.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Conjecture deserves scorn?
Wow. Alright then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join