It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea has it's first woman president!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Littlejohnny1

I understand your point, but do you think corruption and ineptitude only comes with female parts?

Rhetorical question, of course.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow some of the sexist replies up here are simply off the meter. I can't believe some of you. Really? Can we just wait and see her policies towards NK and her leadership style before we begin spouting asinine and illogical sexist jokes and commentary about her implied incompetence (due to having a vagina, of course)? Naturally, the USA is not going to allow SK to be wiped off the map by their Northern neighbors, no matter who was put in charge. Girl power K-Pop music has about as much to do with her getting elected as Lil' Wayne's ghetto raps have to do with Obama getting elected in the USA.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by Aquarius2150

The North can expect diplomacy three weeks out of every month...

BOOM.

But seriously congrats to South Korea. Here's to their future success and progression. *cheers*

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcabmi

Originally posted by penninja
Honestly, I have good money on the NK regime falling while she is in power.

1: It's a new kid, in the end at heart he is more westernized than any leader yet in NK

2: Never underestimate a woman's thinking, you can't get NK down with violence but you can with subterfuge

3: There is no way in hell the current mass media exposure od SK's music scene isn't leaking into NK here or there nor will the news of a SK female president be possible to "eliminate" this exposure of SKs wealth and freedom will take its toll on the populaces morale

I say this is the decade we see NK and SK go the way of Germany after the wall came down

Subterfuge only works on those who are unsuspecting. North Korea is as paranoid as it get's. I question this move of putting a woman in power and trying to "westernize" that area. It almost seems like America had some stake in this. The mindset of North Korea while a man was in power was anger and they wanted to destroy South Korea. Now North Korea will seem like a Joke to them and they will turn up the heat this next year...you watch.

Imagine when Hilary Clinton is president in 2016(*barf*) along with the new Thailand Prime Minister lady and the new South Korean lady president. Asia should be an interesting watch over the next decade.

edit on 29-12-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join