It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea has it's first woman president!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Well said...

I too, hope, that she can be as strong as her father...

Time will tell...

SS

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Girl power! ;P
This is neat news. Best of luck to her.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yah... Kim Jong whatever.... better Run Devil Run SK is taking Girls Generation Literally!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Well, their country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Wow. I get that its a joke, but really?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I felt the same...., hence why I didn't respond.

On topic : We are all agreed this is good news, for Korea and the world.

SS

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Honestly, I have good money on the NK regime falling while she is in power.

1: It's a new kid, in the end at heart he is more westernized than any leader yet in NK

2: Never underestimate a woman's thinking, you can't get NK down with violence but you can with subterfuge

3: There is no way in hell the current mass media exposure od SK's music scene isn't leaking into NK here or there nor will the news of a SK female president be possible to "eliminate" this exposure of SKs wealth and freedom will take its toll on the populaces morale

I say this is the decade we see NK and SK go the way of Germany after the wall came down

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

This is very well said, and I agree.

No matter how hard the north tries to put up the " Iron Curtain " so to speak, some information always gets through...

To anyone living in North Korea, that is of the " peasant " class, to see something like
" Gangnam Style " would be hard to comprehend to say the least...it would spark questions in the common North Korean's mind.

Questions that the Imperialist hating " leaders " of the North would rather go unasked...

2013 is going to be an interesting year.

SS

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
HON CHO!......as long as it isn't my ex-wife,who lit her own hair on fire during a temper tantrum.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Girl power! ;P
This is neat news. Best of luck to her.

Yeah, Girl Power. Now, as we are waking up from the Hollywood glitz and the American Dream, North Korea is going to attack South Korea at it's weakest. I would have to say is now. Hollywood glorifies "girl power", however....reality isn't so kind.
edit on 20-12-2012 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
Honestly, I have good money on the NK regime falling while she is in power.

1: It's a new kid, in the end at heart he is more westernized than any leader yet in NK

2: Never underestimate a woman's thinking, you can't get NK down with violence but you can with subterfuge

3: There is no way in hell the current mass media exposure od SK's music scene isn't leaking into NK here or there nor will the news of a SK female president be possible to "eliminate" this exposure of SKs wealth and freedom will take its toll on the populaces morale

I say this is the decade we see NK and SK go the way of Germany after the wall came down

Subterfuge only works on those who are unsuspecting. North Korea is as paranoid as it get's. I question this move of putting a woman in power and trying to "westernize" that area. It almost seems like America had some stake in this. The mindset of North Korea while a man was in power was anger and they wanted to destroy South Korea. Now North Korea will seem like a Joke to them and they will turn up the heat this next year...you watch.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
girl power videos are cute and all and I hope the men that run those companies continue to write checks to have them made....

I looked into the richest people and I got down past the top 100 and still didnt find any self made female billionaires - fail power!

As far the the new SK leader I hope she goes nuts because she thinks little kim doesn't respect her and bulldozes that country.
edit on 20-12-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Aquarius2150

The North can expect diplomacy three weeks out of every month...

Or three weeks in there is peace. On the 4th week South Korea kicks North Korea's ass !

Kim don't know who he's messing with.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
HON CHO!......as long as it isn't my ex-wife,who lit her own hair on fire during a temper tantrum.

off topic, but WOW....

i bet that taught you! *lol*

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Waing now for dumb Gillard to call her and congratulate her and send her a subscription to Australian womens weekly and Emilys list

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I hope either the draft of young men in South Korea ends, or it is extended to women as well. To allow someone the authority to command without ever having a chance to ever face the same danger is total tyranny. Add in all the women only Universities in South Korea, and the growing "Women only" mentality in Asia, I hope this doesn't descend into a total John Crow type situation like is playing out in Australia, the USA, the UK, Sweden, Canada and other Western Nations.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

why would it be a joke??? reality is quite different from your avatar.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by smyleegrl

why would it be a joke??? reality is quite different from your avatar.

Mysoginistic much?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love this crap

South Korea has it's first woman president!

Because the concavity of the genitals is what matters.

Just like America and their first black president.

Judge me not by my actions or ideals. Judge me by the color of my skin and the mass at my crotch.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It got a little attention here in Tokyo but, as usual, the J-media and the J-gov downed played as much as possible.

Okay...yeah the ROK has been able to put a women in control of the government. Not the first nation to do so but considering that this is very rare in Asia, it is a big event in politics.

Yet, she comes from a political family with a very brutal history. Her father put the smack down on the people of the South Korea for years. A lot of twisted things came down form the government of the ROK during his time in office. Now, it is a little unfair to assume that she is will become the same as her father but the seeds of this father`s past are rooted inside of her.

If people are going to assume the Kim Jon Un is going to the exactly the same as his father...well....time will tell how this women`s time as leader of the ROK will turn out.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Let's hope for the South Korean's sake she aint as bad as the corrupt, thieving, halfwit, fool of a PM we have here in Australia.

Australia's first female PM, (Juliar Gillard) has set the womens cause back 100 years.

We now call Gillard the 'Crime' Minister amongst other things.

Good luck South Korea!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join