It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Glitter in Central Mass???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well I don't know how else to describe it. Myself and a Co-Worker were just outside a few moments ago, and we where both trying to understand what this is that's falling from the sky. It simply looks like Glitter, its a Partly cloudy and the forecast shows that it suppose to rain later on. but this is not Rain or snow, although its falling at a slow speed as snow would do. I apologize for not giving a better description, i cant seem to find the words.

Is their anyone else in the area of Central Mass that can confirm this?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I suspect its mist that froze in the upper atmosphere. So what you are seeing are tiny flecks of ice acting as prisms reflecting the light, to look like glitter.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
I suspect its mist that froze in the upper atmosphere. So what you are seeing are tiny flecks of ice acting as prisms reflecting the light, to look like glitter.

That sounds like a good explanation, but it seems fairly warm for that, we have a thermometer outside that is currently reading 44 Degrees.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Does it disappear once it lands?
Could you provide a picture?

Doesn't sound like anything I've seen before.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I live next to a steel mill, and now and then we get whats called "KISH" fallout a byproduct due to the processes involved. small carabon flakes that are iridescent in colour.

Heres what we experienced.

“It looks like glitter but it’s not metallic. It goes all over - through vents, on the windows, on cars...you can’t get away from it. Everyone round here is complaining.” Read More www.gazettelive.co.uk...

www.gazettelive.co.uk...
edit on 19/12/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Snow does, in fact, glitter. Often enough.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I guess the end of the world is going to be FABULOUS. :p

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
Does it disappear once it lands?
Could you provide a picture?

Doesn't sound like anything I've seen before.

its not coming down in any significant quantity that we can locate it on the ground. as-well it is not showing up on my phones camera.

The Frozen water particles might be the answer here. but it just seems way to warm for that, and the sun is out right now as well. Half my office is outside right now looking at it... lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've seen this exact thing! About 8 months ago I think, it was a really foggy morning, then later in the morning the sun came out and the fog cleared but the sky was still overcast and it "rained glitter". A coworker took a piece of paper outside to try to catch some, but nothing appeared on the paper. But I also remember that ALL DAY my nose ran constantly for at least an hour after being outside. WIERD

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I've seen this exact thing! About 8 months ago I think, it was a really foggy morning, then later in the morning the sun came out and the fog cleared but the sky was still overcast and it "rained glitter". A coworker took a piece of paper outside to try to catch some, but nothing appeared on the paper. But I also remember that ALL DAY my nose ran constantly for at least an hour after being outside. WIERD

Interesting.. it lasted about 2-3 hours before it stopped, but its funny you mentioned your nose running after. my did the same all yesterday after that and some this morning.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's just radioactive ash, nothing to get exited about.
Just kidding, maybe someone is actually dumping glitter off a building as a joke.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSource
It simply looks like Glitter, its a Partly cloudy and the forecast shows that it suppose to rain later on. but this is not Rain or snow, although its falling at a slow speed as snow would do. I apologize for not giving a better description, i cant seem to find the words.

Is their anyone else in the area of Central Mass that can confirm this?

I'm in Northern Mass, but I don't see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite the fact that heat rises in your house, isn't higher up in the atmosphere significantly colder?

That might explain why it doesn't seem cold enough for the ice.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I saw glitter from sky in Indianapolis on 12/2/15... Feel I need a respirator to go outside.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenSource

Sounds like snizzle .....

ie slightly frozen drizzle

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManjushriPrajna

It's the Gayliens!!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManjushriPrajna

Jazz Hands for everyone!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just because it's above freezing at ground level doesn't mean it isn't sub-freezing just a few thousand (or hundred) feet up.

So ice it likely is...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
in Vermont the other morning it was super foggy and when the fog started burning off I noticed the fluttering crystal flakes and at first thought snow and realized it was a blue sky over the fog so it must've been the fog freezing. that or chemtrails lol

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Could it be:
Diamond Dust

?

I've seen it once before...very pretty...

edit on 10-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: another example

top topics

join