It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion's Crusade on Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Alright, this is gonna be short and sweet. One of my favorite bands, Wulfgar, had a song entitled, ' Kneel to the Hammer of Thor" on Youtube..now it is gone. Now i first noticed this on my tablet so i figured maybe it just wasn't on the mobile version for whatever reasons. But no, that epic song has been stricken from the annals of Youtube, and from what I can tell, it doesn't exist on the internet at all anymore. This is disgusting..and abhorrent. They (religion) took down a song that talked about kneeling to another god and I think they (religion) should be kicked back in place. I am tired of how rampant they are in the media, they are a beast that goes unchecked and they kill many innocent people.

FSM, IPU watch over me
edit on 19-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"They (religion)"

First off, that's literally incorrect aha.

Secondly, how do you know it was "They - Religion" that took it down?

Thirdly, it's music that has been attacking religion of late, not the other way round.
edit on 19-12-2012 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

How is saying they wrong? I am referring to multiple religions...there are more than one.

Secondly, I don't, though it does make sense. It's a band that isn't big in America so they don't really have a backing, or an audience. Then they have a song that really isn't akin to most religions, tells people to "Kneel to the Hammer of Thor"

I haven't noticed one song bashing religion? Sorry, I honestly haven't.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

All the anti-religious morals they sing about perhaps?

Lets get wasted and loose our virginities at 13!! Hail Jesus! lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

All the anti-religious morals they sing about perhaps?

Lets get wasted and loose our virginities at 13!! Hail Jesus! lol

Word. I agree.
OP... it must be fun being blind.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Lol what the hell music do you listen to? I have never heard that garbage before?? That must be Kesha or some other barbie girl. Well I don't consider that music, anything with auto-tune or doesn't use a real instrument shouldn't be considered as such. That is just mindless cow droppings meant to dull the mind.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

And no I am not blind, I just don't listen to garbage..so you mean deaf??? But that directive has been there forever, it was Marilyn Monroe before it corrupted music.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by resoe26

And no I am not blind, I just don't listen to garbage..so you mean deaf??? But that directive has been there forever, it was Marilyn Monroe before it corrupted music.

So lets get this straight... You're claiming that religion is behind all of this... taking down sacreligious music and what not? That religions are attacking?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Religion hasn't stopped it's attack on humanity since it's inception in mankind's mind..so yes I am saying it is attacking. But that is a WAY different topic. I am just wanting my damn song back!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying man. Truthfully I listen to everything. Even to some satanic metal (carnifex - hell chose me).
All I'm saying is I doubt it was taking down by any religion. Probably whomever posted the song didn't have rights to do so, so it was dropped.
Because hell, you can find nearly anything on youtube...
Don't know where your song went bro, but I am pretty damn sure religions aren't behind it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Are you sure this isn't just a simple case of the band asking youtube to remove the video? You could e-mail the band and ask them. You might just get your answer.

Honestly though, I'm not seeing where you're making the connection to religious zealotry as being the cause at present. Do you have info that points to that in this case? Please share.

ETA:

Here's your answer OP. I would say attorneys for the studio and/or band notified youtube of violations.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well the band still has some of their other songs on Youtube, I only linked it to religion because I noticed a "surge" of "My God has a Hammer and your god was nailed to a cross" and " Odin promised to get rid of frost giants, jesus promised to rid the world of evil people, I see no frost giants" memes. So I figured Christianity retaliated and cried about the song.

Why would just that song be gone while the others are still there??

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hard to say. youtube does some really goofy things at times. I'm not even saying you are wrong, just that the evidence is extremely circumstantial that a religion is behind it. More likely politics.

Write the band. See what their people say.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Roger that, sounds like a legit idea, though, I might not get my answer before the end of the world

new topics

top topics

join