It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think people should know that the video is indeed a fake and it was created as a project for a 3D Animation and Design workshop. I've also never seen a Golden Eagle in Montréal before, only falcons and such.

Here is the link from Newswire Canada: www.newswire.ca...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It could be worse. The cameraman could have just done nothing because he wanted to get it all on tape. Like 90% of the people who send in videos to AFV

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

its good to know that image stabilization does add frames or makes it smoother.
thats some knowledge i have learned threw you so thanks on that.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gattacanian

i think you should read the thread
you will find its fake

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
...and the US can now brag about the advantages afforded to the heavy kid.

Hey, how much can a drone hold?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So is this a hoax because it is in the hoax bin? The only reason the Eagle dropped the kid is because he had a stinky diaper
The kids whining got on the Eagles nerves? The Eagle brand carseat had a recall on it?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

This is why I despise people who use CGI! It is absolutely insane that we have to question videos now because someone gets their jollies off fooling people just so they can make it to the news.

Many of us have been questioning videos since about 1970! I have never understood the mindset of folks- many here on ATS!- that believe something is true because it is on a video. Videos are nothing more than many photos strung together. Do we trust a photo? Not likely. Then why would we trust a video?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Was that park a gun-free zone? Yeah, it was. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I still think that the "hoax" video with the child continuing up is a result of post processing, everything I have done to the original video shows the child drop the instant he is released.

thats what i was trying to say earlier
but maryhinge said the child continued to rise due to "momentum"
in one of my posts i said the child should of dropped instantly (freefall)

thanks for verifying that

edit on 19-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: quote gone wrong

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

This is why I despise people who use CGI! It is absolutely insane that we have to question videos now because someone gets their jollies off fooling people just so they can make it to the news.

Many of us have been questioning videos since about 1970! I have never understood the mindset of folks- many here on ATS!- that believe something is true because it is on a video. Videos are nothing more than many photos strung together. Do we trust a photo? Not likely. Then why would we trust a video?

Well I was born in at the tail end of the 70s so my concerns were probably not photo manipulation
and you can't compare the 70s to now with CGI. It is just not the same. What is available now compared to then for the average person is far different.

There was a time when a photo being fake wasn't the first response to explaining it but now it's like people enjoy making fakes and seeing people squirm over it. The same goes for videos esp with certain subjects like UFOs. It's really hard to have a normal discussion when people are out there punking the world with their creations.

I am not one to scream FAKE at everything, the fake ones just get more attention because they "got" people. Do I question certain pics or videos? Yes I do but not all. Did I question this video? No. I wouldn't have thought it would be fake, I know nothing of what CGI looks like and to a non expert it looked good to me but I was duped like many others...well millions. The people who made it did for a class. I dont think their intentions were to dupe anyone and if so shame on them!

I dont doubt photo manipulation has been around for decades but it is not as easily available or as easy to do like it is now compared to the 70s.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

No fool like an old fool. Damn Canadians!!!! youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry I don't care how unAmerican it would make me or how endangered eagles are. One tries to snatch my kid and the family will be eating Eagle that night.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I actually know some people back at home...they decided to camp out in the wilderness with their family and the new born baby...While the parents were looking away for a sec, an eagle flew and snatched the baby away.
Sad but true story.

and ..

then what ..

did they ever find the baby ??

What you think? Eagles don't snatch babies then return them back at their front lawn...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
...and he would've gotten away with it too!
If it weren't for those meddeling parents.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It was made by some school kids for their 3d animation course... Both the baby and the eagle are CGI..

They got "A" grade by the way... Its just been on the UK national news...

Cleverly done I must say...
edit on 20-12-2012 by Wolfhammer because: Additional info

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
An assignment that earned them an A! An assignment to create a video and make it go viral.

Here's to clever creators that they are. I trust that this will insure that they find suitable employment in their field after graduation. Very well done!

People will remember this one one and refer to it for ages. I predict it will be a classic in animation circles.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Even though this video is apparently a hoax, it isn't out of the realm of possibility to actually happen.

My father-in-laws dog was almost taken by an eagle. It wasn't a big dog, less than 15 lbs. The incident was similar to this video, though. The eagle swept down and snatched the dog, started off with it and dropped it a few seconds later.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This video is just as real as our Economy

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Even though this video is apparently a hoax, it isn't out of the realm of possibility to actually happen.

My father-in-laws dog was almost taken by an eagle. It wasn't a big dog, less than 15 lbs. The incident was similar to this video, though. The eagle swept down and snatched the dog, started off with it and dropped it a few seconds later.

Yep! If anything good comes of this, it has to be awareness of the possibility. It has happened (so they say) as reported here:

The summer of 1977 was chaotic for central Illinois news media. The most talked about local story was the multiple sightings of giant birds throughout the region. These numerous accounts commenced with the alleged attempted abduction of young 10-year-old Marlon Lowe by one of these birds on July 25th. A black bird with a white neck ring reportedly swooped down on the undersized boy and, grabbing him by his shirt, briefly raised him from the ground before dropping him—ostensibly from a blow from the boy’s flailing hands.Exactly what type of birds these were has been argued and debated
link to source -Biofort biofort.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join