It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

illegal immigrants have the right to sue??wtf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hey ats
I was dumbfounded today when I heard of an illegal immigrant I knew of who recently took a spill at a local store and got a settlement from the corporation,I find it a little crazy that an illegal immigrant has the right to do that...
On top of that I dont see why the store has to suffer because of their clumsiness..

Anyone else find it a little crazy that an illegal immigrant can fall down in your store and suddenly your out $25,000?

RAGE
RAGE
edit on 18-12-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
hey ats
I was dumbfounded today when I heard of an illegal immigrant I knew of who recently took a spill at a local store and got a settlement from the corporation,I find it a little crazy that an illegal immigrant has the right to do that...
On top of that I dont see why the store has to suffer because of their clumsiness..

Anyone else find it a little crazy that an illegal immigrant can fall down in your store and suddenly your out $25,000?

RAGE
RAGE

What does ones legal status have to do with hazard areas in stores?
If the person was injured due to the companies lax practices, then they deserve compensation.

If however, the accident was of their own fault, they don't deserve to complain.
But again, that has nothing to do with their legal status.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Because the way I see it,they wouldn't have been around that "hazard" if they weren't here illegally.
I don't feel an illegal immigrant is entitled to any compensation of any sort as far as sueing goes because they werent supposed to be here in the first place.

I don't know all the details about whether they had a warning sign up or not
But either way,people should not be compensated due to clumsiness.
Also the person involved was not even hurt,no broken bones,no sprains,no bruise or anything.
Just took a spill and probably had a sore wrist/ankle until they got home.

Idk there are other cases I've read of illegals sueing other stores or US citizens..I don't believe illegals should have the right to sue due to their status..Its like saying illegal immigrants also have the right to vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
Because the way I see it,they wouldn't have been around that "hazard" if they weren't here illegally.
I don't feel an illegal immigrant is entitled to any compensation of any sort as far as sueing goes because they werent supposed to be here in the first place.

I don't know all the details about whether they had a warning sign up or not
But either way,people should not be compensated due to clumsiness.
Also the person involved was not even hurt,no broken bones,no sprains,no bruise or anything.
Just took a spill and probably had a sore wrist/ankle until they got home.

Idk there are other cases I've read of illegals sueing other stores or US citizens..I don't believe illegals should have the right to sue due to their status..Its like saying illegal immigrants also have the right to vote.

Then some (im assuming this an America orientated rant) legal American would have hit the hazard and been due their compensation.

I do agree that peoples own clumsiness should not be rewarded.
Even more so if there were no damage done, then there should be no compensation.
However, the courts world wide have awarded to those with bruised egos and pride, so this is unsurprising.

Legal status should come into it when it comes to lawsuits that go to trial.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
very convenient if one is in the business of using illegals
as slaves or otherwise violating their human rights

fortunately that is not the case

lol you admit not knowing details

yet claim this persons illegal status was a cause/factor with having his accident.

dont like dem messicans much do ya?

rofl

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, cause the Illegal man, gave him self a job in the company? stop being narrow minded. Boss looked to get cheap labour, but it backlashed. End of story.

I like your "just because they are illegal, their life is worthless" attitude.

top topics

join