It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant serpent’ invades island near Phuket

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Baby elephant with really short legs? I think it's staged because of the clarity of the impressions, but who knows.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

Well, there is a history of gigantic centipede-like sea creatures in the South Pacific. Specifically, reports come in of a large many-finned creature off the coast of Vietnam called Con Rit by the locals. Not saying this is related in any way, the track pattern just looks like a tire mark to me, but it's worth mentioning.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It looks like someone is playing a prank on the villagers.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

They have various forms of locomotion but yes I also agree that those are not snake/serpent tracks.

Snake Tracks Understanding Serpent Locomotion

I'm more inclined to the dragging marks idea the other poster advanced.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I say PHOOEY!

And PHAKE!

Those silly PHUKETERS!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This story is bogus. Bamboo island is a nature reserve. There is no school on it and no village. I know, I've been there. It's also tiny. So tiny that you can walk from one end to the other in about 2 minutes. You can go there on boat trips to snorkel, but that's it. There is nothing else there.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website.

You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here. ATSLive on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
looks like someone rolled a large tire.........

That is all....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website.

You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here. ATSLive on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

Why? It's nonsense. Here's a photo of bamboo island. Show me a school and village. The story is horses*#t.

v-marine-tour.com...

I assure you that the photographs in the article were not taken on Koh Mai Pai. Like I said, I've been there.
edit on 20-12-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Just took a closer look at the pics. Take a look at the part circled in lower right

Notice how the whole ground is covered with those circles? Here is a blow up of the circled section..

It looks more (to me) like something went through and scraped the top layer of dirt off those circles (that I assume are paving stones).

I'm gonna go for the most obvious - someone dragging a canoe / boat?

Because these are indeed snake scales. Already saw similar marks made by "land-smakes" But this doesn't make sense. The Sea seprent is way too huge and supossed to eb a water livign animal. How did it camed out of the water and camed across this school. Unless this was a surviving Titanoboa, i vote for either a hoax or another animal.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Titanoboa: Monster Snake: Titanoboa vs. T-Rex

Titanoboa is one cool snake.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If I saw what caused those tracks up close I'd say "Phuk'et!" also.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The edge of the circles seems to be more.. err... puffed up? If something that large and heavy were there, then I agree with the others saying that it would have been smudged or smeared. You probably wouldn't see a single indentation like that.

It DOES look like someone spent a good chunk of time DOING this. Too bad they didn't THINK about the physics of it all.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: Spelling D;

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We all remember this account from "Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World hard to forget! -

""Dragons, Dinosaurs and Giant Snakes", Van Lierde claims that in 1959 he encountered a giant snake in the Katanga region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo while returning from a mission by helicopter. He claims to have then turned around and made several passes over the snake in order to allow another person on board to photograph the creature.

Van Lierde describes the snake as being close to 50 feet in length. He claims it was a dark shade of brown and green with a white coloured belly. He claimed the snake's head was 3 feet wide, and that the jaws were of a triangular shape.

Van Lierde claims that as he flew lower for a closer inspection, the snake rose up approximately 10 feet, giving the impression it would have attacked the helicopter if it had been within striking range.
also more here www.cryptomundo.com... I think big snakes and such could be out there!

more www.cryptomundo.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just want to know what is going on in the photo, aside from it s supposed location. I was originally intrigued by the idea that it could be a giant walking catfish, and lo it turns out that it Thailand is mega catfish central *and ya they do freakin get outta the water and travel on land*. But really, the most obvious explanation is what the children are pointing out so clearly - their own fingers. They are lined up nicely with the dirt marks. I m guessing either a class project or perhaps a local custom of some sort. They just drew these things there, that s exactly what it looks like; there are even small ridges of dirt around the rings as you would expect.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I was thinking the same thing. I found one article about the Con Rit with a description but no pictures.

www.worldreviewer.com...

Interesting find, OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I was thinking the same thing. I found one article about the Con Rit with a description but no pictures.

www.worldreviewer.com...

Interesting find, OP.

What is fifty feet long, two feet wide, has an armoured brown body and bright yellow belly, and walks along the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Indochina? Here’s a clue = it looks like a cross between a giant millipede and a Chinese dragon? It’s the Con Rit, the Vietnamese water dragon.

If you’re wondering why you haven’t heard of this marvellous creature it’s because there haven’t been any Con Rit sightings for some time. During the 1860s and 70s there were a large number of Con Rit sightings and a Con Rit carcass was discovered in Along Bay in 1883 which fitted the stories description perfectly and revealed that Con Rit’s segmented body parts were hexagonal shaped and that its ’legs’ were more like fins. Unfortunately the head was missing and the stink off the carcass became so over powering that locals threw it back into the ocean. This was one creature that scientists were eagerly anticipating examining in the flesh, however they’re still waiting.

Scientists at the time found Con Rit to be a credible creature, possibly more primitive whale than millipede or else a giant crustacean (the segments of a lobster were considered similar to that of Con Rit.) It also fits in with descriptions throughout oriental mythology of whiskered sea dwelling dragons who lived in caves on the bottom of the ocean, it could be that what were thought of as stories are actually Con Rit sightings.

Many scientists still believe that there are marine creatures who have managed to evade human discovery and that any discoveries of large animals will be refined to the ocean. In view of the fact that the majority of new animal discoveries made are of invertebrates then a large, invertebrate sea creature seems a credible possibility.

Thanks for that!! I'd never even heard of them creatures! Yep, who knows what lerks in the deep. Creepy good!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Not a whole lot of images of Con Rit or its relatives, like the one described by Claudius Aelianus in De Natura Animalium. There's a lot of theories on what it might be, from a species of large seagoing centipede to a surviving zeuglodont (apparently with armour plates or multiple fins), and of course my theory that it's a huge pelagic polychaete worm. Whatever it is, it's proving difficult to find in one of the more heavily-trafficked parts of the sea.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks more like a giant centipede some what ! Scawey monsters !
Ahh !

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Looks more like a giant centipede some what ! Scawey monsters !
Ahh !

I vote for an snake like evolution of Zeugodon, since a crustace would have problems swimming around with such a massive body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join