It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant serpent’ invades island near Phuket

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I know everybody here reads " The Phuket News" on a regular basis..but I thought ( and wondered ) oh well I'll post this just in case someone missed it today.

PHUKET: Mysterious giant tracks appeared overnight on Friday (December 14) on Koh Mai Pai (Bamboo Island, just north of Phi Phi), emerging from the forest, going through the local school and then into the sea, leaving students, parents and teachers worrying that they were made by some enormous serpent.
Read the entire article and see the other photos here: ‘Giant serpent’ invades island near Phuket

See more and picture at Phuket!!! link to Phuket paper here>>> www.cryptomundo.com...
So, I don't know what it could be..still thinking about it.

edit on 18-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: Ummmm

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
link not working

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Now you may try
thanks for your time

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Those are odd tracks...large snake tracks usually are like this. The OP tracks seem like it had flippers or something to make those circles..
edit on 18-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Snakes don't leave tracks that "clear" do they?
My second thought was gator or croc, but they would be more "smeared" as well.

Very interesting tracks. It would seem that something would have had to roll, to make such clear impressions.
edit on 18-12-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How does a serpent leave circular marks?
Snakes have scales, octopus have circular suckers, dragons / reptiles have feet?

Beat me to it..^^
edit on 18-12-2012 by MasterPainter because: Late reply

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

He said some goats and ducks on the island had disappeared recently but villagers had thought they were eaten by a python – many years ago an eight-metre python weighing 70 kilos was caught on the island.

and further more ..."After surveyed the tracks, Mr Damrong ordered Mr Anan to run the island’s electricity generator all night and to prepare implements for catching or at least defending against the supposed serpent."

See the map. Thats in the middle of no-where's ville.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

the reticulated python (ngoo leuam in Thai), which are the world’s longest reptiles, typically growing to a full adult size of three to six meters.They are also excellent swimmers, with sightings reported far out at sea.
Although large specimens are powerful enough to kill a human, attacks are extremely rare and none have ever been reported on the island by the Phuket Gazette.

Maybe one "really big one" is out at sea?? Or something else? www.phuketgazette.net...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The town is obviously in desperate need for attention. Fist, they use a name everyone will make fun of and laugh at and remember, then they claim they have their own "Loch Ness Monster". I think this town spends too much time on the internet.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

I couldn't stop laughing when i saw them all pointing to it, obviously the source likes to claim anything
when more likely it was a work of art but the narrator seems to want to fabricate a story
so dark the con of man....

Not you op the source mate.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like one heck of a fast compactor made that mark, I could use that to compact before laying cement..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A suction cup wheel?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by magickmaster

I couldn't stop laughing when i saw them all pointing to it, obviously the source likes to claim anything
when more likely it was a work of art but the narrator seems to want to fabricate a story
so dark the con of man....

Not you op the source mate.

Yeah, I know

Hey, maybe its some dudes doing ther "crop circle" type thing in their own way..to stir things up. I would if I was there.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Me thinks some mischievous villager with tin cans on strings tied to feet is having one over on their fellow locals.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would have thought that those circles wouldn't look so perfect if something was dragging itself.

looks man-made.

2 cents

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
looks man made to me as well, like a wheel with balls on it or something- or.. a Gigantic centipede!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Looks like somebody rolled a tire of some kind to make those impressions....
perhaps some off road equipment tire?
Obviously very muddy conditions for such clean tracks from an animal of any description....
tire marks imho

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah looks like something was either rolled on brought straight down and then straight up?

So it's it's either from some kind of odd tire or wheel, or a HUGE squid or octopus decided to reach out of the ocean and slap Phuket. At least that's my best guess for now

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
slide show for another quick look here www.thephuketnews.com...

very strange how it went to the ocean "high tide" and then poof! Gone. Hope they follow up on this.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Just took a closer look at the pics. Take a look at the part circled in lower right

Notice how the whole ground is covered with those circles? Here is a blow up of the circled section..

It looks more (to me) like something went through and scraped the top layer of dirt off those circles (that I assume are paving stones).

I'm gonna go for the most obvious - someone dragging a canoe / boat?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join