It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Yea I think people know it is a hot topic and are trying to cash in and get s&f.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, you obviously missed the best thread since the inception of ATS.

Written just yesterday, it has lifted the veil from all who have so far read it.

It is an awesome read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yes, there is an undo....at the top you will see

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 , ALL show removed forums

Just click on that "show removed forums" and you're back in business

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, It seems that these are the only two thread titles that catch any attention lately.

I have the habit of checking in every day to ATS. Post a comment or thread if I felt like it. And more importantly, read something interesting, informative, enlightening. I know many other members do the same.

edit on 17-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

You kind of took my words out from my mouth. I was already about to post soon a similar thread. I like ATS for the many topics and often not so easy to find links to interesting information. However I have seen alos plenty of good threads go dead duck within a few hours. But there seems to be more to this than just the guns and 2012 thing. Threads go quickly dead because also ATS croud prides itself with being "Open minded and inquisitive" they still seem to be as much culturally conditioned to just look at one thing and then go on. There is in almost any thread this Black/White mentality emerging. Without looking deeper. Always this PRO-america/israel/gun/capitalism etc against this ANTI arguments. But no one seems to examine if maybe both camps on each side of the argument are a bit right on "something" and "wrong" on the others. I also visit a lot of chatrooms and here I made a stunning comparison to ATS. It seems that almost everone "assumes" that the new chatter is also an "american". I am often chatted with slangs and expressions that I am not familiar with and then the almost surprised "silence" to find out I am NOT american. I see it so often in ATS threads that a poster is attacked as if he is living in some bubble "IN" america, just to be then told that he is from another country/continent and gave his POV of how he sees the subject. There seems to be a culture of "Too much information" but of only one kind. Its almost as going to a country fair and expecting to be exposed of all kinds of fruits and veggies and finding oneself at an exhebition for potaos only, just all 200 some varieties. And then naturally IF a poste then replies with a "Yes ... BUT..." and digs deeper at the post, the post goes dead. Because the threads with 17 some pages are by then already a slugging match of one side against the other.
And especially on the subject of guns any conter argument to the "Right to bear arms" ends in desaster. While a european would argue not about the right a such but more the Needs to have guns. But when I would point out for example as a human being i have the RIGHT o be a pilot, engineer, doctor or what ever, then everyone will argue , YES - when you qualify! Qualify in intellect, education Health wise, mental capacity and aptitude. I have the right to become a pilot, and I did so. But my right and qualifications end the moment i fail my physical. Or i get grounded if i have to be medicated for a certain period of time for what ever ailment I am suffering from. Sure every profession is a right. I have the right to become who ever I want. MY Responsibility to become what i deram to be is to proove my aptitude. In academics, in mental and physical health, - (You dont want to let a surgeon go near your appendix who has ucontrolabble tremors in his hands fo what ever medical reasosns.). MY RIGHT to be who ever I want is the RIGHT of a free society, unlike in a feudal one only the nobility could obtain prestigeous jobs. So then discussing the right to bear arms is more then just point at the 2nd amendment. It is a question of culture, need, and so forth. Same as in me being a pilot. I have bee several times been grounded due to medical reasons. either for the post operative drugs I had to take for a given number of weeks or so forth. Once my health was back up I was back in the cockpit. So the debates should not focus on the simple black-white arguement. But the debates should go further and not stop just when the 1st two guys go into a slugging match of pro and con. Each topic, no matter what had many laywers. Be it guns, 2012, be it teen pregnancy, pollution what ever... The topic is with what we see! Its like walking in a room and we see the carpet. But what is under the carpet? 2012 we hear it will happen and we hear it will NOT happen.
But what about it being a "Transiton"? Just recently I was informed about Niagra falls having been a few 1,000 years ago pretty closer to Toronto. For me having been to Niagara a few times in a few decades, the fals still look like the the same as I have seen them 10 years ago. But 10 years is not 5,000 years. With more an moe people saying and realizing that something is damn wrong with our world and society, 2012 will mostlikely just be the kickstart of a mentality change. Maybe it breaks fast as like the sudden "Hippi revolt" of the 60s that shocked the prim and proper 50's crowd to no end. And if one looks back at this time it did come as a surprise ad pretty rapid over night.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As I always say, let's look behind the screen to see what we should REALLY be paying attention to!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Pfft........there's 2 UFO stories and a Mars story amongst that lot.

I think you are over-reacting Jude...........

Blue=2012
Red=Guns
Yellow=this thread

/sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You complain about a lack of good topics and then make another useless topic. Congrats.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep yep...Love the main board for browsing topics but as you point out......

I have been using the recent post button and have found many topics both new and old to satisfy my thirst.

Good day all!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i will be glad when dec 21 passes but another date will be selected as usual

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
reply to post by jude11

STOP CREATING GUN THREADS!

There is most definately enough.
There are about 16 threads related to GUNS or the shooting or the Westborough baptist church regarding the shooting, And that's just in the top topics being discussed. Gimme a break!

Exactly! However I was expecting much more 2012 traffic here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join