It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, It seems that these are the only two thread titles that catch any attention lately.

I have the habit of checking in every day to ATS. Post a comment or thread if I felt like it. And more importantly, read something interesting, informative, enlightening. I know many other members do the same.

The last week has seen a decline in the regular members posting. Why even bother?

I have seen a few regulars post only to have their threads disappear into the abyss because the Guns, 2012 threads keep coming faster that I can even refresh the page.

And what are these threads saying?

Guns: "We have to stand up" "What are Americans going to do?" When is America going to fight back?" "It's time", and on and on.

2012: "It's going to happen" It's not going to happen" Niburu, WW3, Earthquake, Super Volcano, Floods, Horsemen, Jesus, Awakening...and on and on.

First the guns. If you don't want your guns taken away, don't give them up...Done.

2012. Absolutely no one alive today knows what will happen. If everyone who states emphatically that nothing will happen has that type of foreseeable knowledge then you would all be rich from the stock markets.

And for everyone stating that something WILL happen without a doubt...same end.

You don't know what is going to happen 5 minutes from now let alone days or Months in advance.

There are too many other things going on in the World right now but it seems that the only concerns are Guns, 2012.

Yeah I know. Ridiculous rant that will fall on deaf ears.

Having a shot of JD and watching the boards. Waiting for an interesting thread but so far...Guns, 2012.

Peace

edit on 17-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There are a couple of good threads. You just have to look very hard for them.

On days like this the search engine is your friend.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm all for brining up Fukashima again...nothings changed there other than the radioactive water still being released into the ocean..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
There are a couple of good threads. You just have to look very hard for them.

On days like this the search engine is your friend.

I do use it but I like the boards up front as well.

I know...one more shot of JD and I'll think about it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have to agree with you for the most part. How many Sandy Hook and gun threads are there now? Hundreds? We only need 1 thread discussing the shooting, maybe 1 focusing on conspiracy theories regarding it, and 1 on gun control. Three threads max, and if there is something new to add, that's what replies are for...

2012 will come and go, but I suspect there will be 25,000 threads created the day after on the topic of "I told you so"...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I have to agree with you for the most part. How many Sandy Hook and gun threads are there now? Hundreds? We only need 1 thread discussing the shooting, maybe 1 focusing on conspiracy theories regarding it, and 1 on gun control. Three threads max, and if there is something new to add, that's what replies are for...

2012 will come and go, but I suspect there will be 25,000 threads created the day after on the topic of "I told you so"...

Yeah, can't wait for the "I told you so" threads.

Especially from those that aren't so sure but are putting up a popular statement in order to fit in or just to put up a brave front in the face of their own fears.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, No Guns, 2013
No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012
Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, Guns, 2012, No Guns, 2013
No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013, No Guns, 2013

Yup,

Stay tuned.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I see what you did there.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You want something other than 2012 and guns have a look here.

LINK

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree that there are too many threads about those subjects.

Everybody knows what everybody else thinks about it, there is no new info on either subject. Just the same old conjectures over and over.

I wish the mods would start sweeping them into a debate subsection or something. I almost missed the cool post about the robotic limbs for disabled people because of the clutter.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Go to the Recent Posts Page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have tried to put most of the gun control threads in Political Issues.
So, go to one of them....see the little (-) in red?
Click on it and you will removed that entire forum from your recent page.
Same with the 2012 Forum.

It can be undone with this passes.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I didn't know you could do that. You learn something new everyday.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I only discovered it quite recently myself.....and then it was because a new member asked...and then I had to find out how to undo it

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There s a really good thread about commiting random acts of kindness
.It s a breath of fresh air compared to all
the threads right now. It s what is needed to balance out all the negativity. Maybe it s time to take a break and go
outside to look at the sky, take a deep breath, have a snowball fight or water fight depending on your climate

Be careful, too many J.D. s can lead to long conversations with goofy friends!

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by nixie_nox

I only discovered it quite recently myself.....and then it was because a new member asked...and then I had to find out how to undo it

ahh thats cool and usefull to know
never realise it was there until you said so .. i think

and how do you undo it after you removed the forum from the recent posts page ?
is there any (+) that will show up in Forums -> (click on the icon forum that you removed)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm with you, a bit over this gun control and 2012 crud. Granted, it's a big deal from both sides of the coin, but everyone seems to either be on the "they're gonna take our weapons" side, or "you have no humanity because you're not taking this thing like we are." Not to mention everyone convinced the world's going to explode or something Friday. Can't wait for the ten thousand "See? Nothing happened idiots!" threads on Saturday.

I can tell you I've had enough of this year, and was going to do the same, a little rant about the terrible week I've had to get it off my chest, but you're right it'll just get buried under the "big news" everyone wants a slice of.

My 21st of December? I'm getting the hell out of where I am right now, because everything has turned to crap, and to top it off I have to go home to my eldest daughter who thought it was a good idea to cut her hair short while I was away. Like, REALLY short.

It may cost me heaps to fly home this close to Xmas, but I'll be damned if I'm staying here for the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Totally agree with you. I hav a habit of checking ats every day multiple times, but man oh man soo many gun threads. Gimme a break. Feels like the forum has been infiltrated by agents trying t change opinion and minds.

STOP CREATING GUN THREADS!

There is most definately enough.

There are about 16 threads related to GUNS or the shooting or the Westborough baptist church regarding the shooting, And that's just in the top topics being discussed. Gimme a break!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I literally just logged in to post a thread with the EXACT same title

I hear ya! S&F from me.

What's especially ironic about these types of threads is that people say TPTB deliberately cause these kinds of events (shootings) in order to distract us... well look how successful they are with ATS

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Yeah I know. Ridiculous rant that will fall on deaf ears.

Having a shot of JD and watching the boards. Waiting for an interesting thread but so far...Guns, 2012.

Peace

edit on 17-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Maybe deaf ears, but I do have open eyes.

Good rant. I've been thinking pretty much the same over the past week. And have refrained from posting, mainly because of the emotions involved.

Also had a severe bout of Sciatica so I'm a bit loopy at times from the Meds.

I figure I'll be back come January after everything has calmed down a bit and the topics diversify again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join