It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the World needs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you were given the keys to the world or better yet because of lack of experience the keys to a nation. Let's say the nation is a dominant power in the world. And as you showed that you were mentally and emotionally capable of leading a large sum of people. You would then be promoted to ambassador of the world.

Of course their would be clauses in the contract that would limit how long and what you did. So no indefinite and unlimited rule. But enough to cause and effect the future for a great while.

We all know that most empires only last 200-300 years before they start rotting from the inside out. With great wealth and power comes great responsibility. And people get comfortable. Get obese. And the power cycles back to another nation more hungry and prepared to lead the "brave new world".

What would you do? What do you think the world needs to take those steps to a much safer better and prosperous world?

One thing I would do and this is no secret because we all know what money does and we all know that the world is basically in debt to the world banking system. Is get rid of money.

It's out dated. It's old world. It might be good enough to get us through till we figure out a better replacement but in order to advance it has to be replaced other wise we are stuck.

You may be asking what problems what things hold us back with money. I say to you people die everyday because of it.

Need I say more?

So what would I do what is my solution?

How about this. We all know that people need to contribute to society it is a must. We all know that the working class makes the world go round.

I propose a system based off ancient world and modern world ideas. Sometimes to take leaps forward you must take steps backwards.

All in all the past present and future must come together as one. Because even if it's old world. Ideas that would propel us further are lost in history.

Let's begin. First of all no one ever asks to be born. Idk about you but I don't remember wanting to be born here. I'm sure if I could have my pick I would have picked a more advanced species to drive around in. This primitive model feels a bit well un-advanced.

So with that being said. Is it right to deny someone of simple basic needs to sustain a life. food,water, shelter?

Not it's not in fact the constitution even says life,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness. Ok wll what about them people that just be?

I have the answers. At least in my mind. Haven't heard a better solution from anyone yet.

Salvation is in contribution cards.

How does this work?

You get as card with a band on it much like a credit card or bank card. You go to wal-mart you get your groceries and the card gets swiped. A tag comes up on their screen like when they ask you how old you are when you buy adult items.

It says so and so works at blah blah. And you walk out with your items.

The fact that you work gives you the right to have anything in the store. Of course as long as it's within the limits.

You wouldn't be able to walk out with 10 tv's. 3 per contributor would be the limit.

People that don't contribute only get basics like ramen noodles and bottled water or jugs filled from the sink.

Low income houses and abandoned buildings would be open to them for shelter.

Of course things like electricity and what not would only be available to contributors and heat would only be supplied to non contributors during winter.

They live, We live. Their carrot that dangles in front of them are things like cell phones and all the things that come with electricity.

Those that contribute only have to work like 1 hr a day. In 8 hr shift 8 people will work one job. This puts more people in work and the employment rates go up.

This also pulls people off the street.

So now that we got rid of money. We fixed homeless, and employment problems.

World hunger?

Many fast food chains throw away a lot of food that's been sitting around for a given amount of time. And consider it non profitable.

This food could be used to feed non contributors and starving kids in Ethiopia.

You say well it's not that healthy. i say it keeps you alive. Keeps you from starving.

I'm sure someone in africa or the streets of la would be happy with a half eaten cheeseburger.

Let's take away all the trash and give them food that doesn't have dirt and slobber all over it.

What are the pro's of this world?

Contributors only work 1 hr a day depending on the job. I'll admit their are jobs where the person would have to work 6 months normal like they do today.

Here's the catch those people get a vacation equal to what they worked. So if your an engineer and you spent 2 yrs on a building 8 hrs a day.

Take those hr's off. There is always a understudy or someone in the office who is just as qualified as you.

Contributors get to go around the world. Borders are down.

You don't like Mexican's flooding into United States go live in France.

One world and One happy place.

How great would be to take 23 hrs of the day to spend with your family and go to Japan?

Because of everything opening up to everyone it would allow for those who may not be as educated as everyone else to really see the world and educate themselves.

Imagine all the museums out their with ancient relics that hardly ever get seen by the average joe. And this little truth is why they might not be as smart as someone who researches stuff.

What I'm saying think about the possibilities here.

With all this opening up it would demand a faster increase in economical technologies that are not so pollutant on the environment. Thus accelerating our evolution to a brighter future.

Or should we stay where we are and eventually end this all in disaster?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This would really boost the economy. All around the globe. With everything being at most of the populations finger tips increasing advancements would happen at a much faster rate.

Thus reducing the technological gap between the average citizen and the gov. As it should be common sense to any scholar that the gov. is generally 50 to 100 yrs ahead of everyone else.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

What would make it great is that we might even learn how to educate and prepare our children for the world a lot better. Instead of growing up with chains. We might train them to grow up in freedom.

A world where we are mentally prepared for interstellar space stations. Because in this fear mongering world now. We are pretty chained.

And it hinders our growth as a society. Because if I were any type of interstellar being. Before any primitives were given keys to travel. They on their own must grow up and fly out of the nest. Fly or die.

It all must be under free will. Can we do that?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I would suggest legalizing any and all substances that are grown by nature. If it's not been tampered with man made chemicals then it should be accessible to all who are under the right age restrictions.

To make something that is natural to the earth illegal is pretty dumb. That'd be like making rose bushes illegal cause kids can get scraped up in them and get infections.

Or poison ivy. Rule of thumb teach your kids to think for themselves and to know what's right and wrong when playing in the back yard. They are smart enough to learn these things. If they are old enough to be let outside to play.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One of the better threads I've read in awhile as I like to think about the direction of humanity. Whether it's for the good or for the worse. Sad thing is though their is always someone who is gonna be happier in old world concepts.

Meaning any steps forward are gonna be contested by these people. Either having agendas that are meant to watch the world burn or to keep some sort of power over people that they already have.

In the end people are gonna war over power. No one accepts that they are no better then the next person. Unless you are some gift from god. And even then you have checks and balances that ground you to the grave.

So with that said I'd say we have a long way to go unless someone figures it out that we start with the children. Because they are ultimately the future.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't know what your talking about yet your the one that smokes to much.

Who is another man to sell another man resources of the planet he was born on?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sadly, I think lowering the Earth's population would be a place to start. I'd take the richest 2% of society that is hoarding everything and get rid of them. Then, I'd take the bottom 10-15% of people and get rid of them. With what's left, there would be widely available resources for everyone.

I'd make education free for everyone. I'd leave the healthcare system alone, except for completely gutting big pharmacy and coming up with a new plan for pharmaceuticals. The media would be a lot more regulated. I'd put a cap on the amount of time they spend on one story to protect people from being hypnotized and brainwashed.

As far as substances go, I'd allow beer, wine, and champagne, but no liquor. Marijuana would be legal. Harder drugs like coc aine and heroin would still be illegal.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by broctune

Population control I would think would be most effective if we do something with all the prisoners that will never make it out. Possibly put an age limit on people until the population thins out.

The baby boomer generation killed us.

I would even suggest that each country set a population limit. If all countries are full you either are done away with or move somewhere where the population isn't a problem like say the woods.

Those are all real possibilities when it gets really bad. But I don't think we have it to worry about for awhile.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

I'm pretty sure vic10 is saying that eventually it may come to those stipulations being put on people. I honestly think people need to have an IQ test before given a license to breed. And even with that have regulations on how many babies they can have according to the test results.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think what the world needs is a government that is a mix of 2 powerful entities known as Dictatorship and Democracy. You ask how does this work? Simple! People vote for the dictator. We know from experience that a government using a president for a face rather then a leader doesn't work. We know this same government doesn't have the best interests of the people at heart when making decisions.

Because they sit all day in congress co** blocking each other. So I sorta look at it like a band. If you got one guy in the band that has an idea what they should be doing. And he asks what do you guys think and they all say they don't know. And they don't have a whole lot of out put on what they want to do. And can't seem to grasp a direction. Somebody has to stand up and take command.

That's what a dictator does. So If you had a dictator with regulations on just how much power he has. But enough to sustain the title dictator. And give him 10 yrs. I believe a decade is ample enough time to make an impact on a country for a leader. After every decade the people vote on whether he stays or goes. This dictator if good enough could be given a lifetime to lead the nation.

If he's liked a well respected by the people. No more electorial college nonsense the dictator has to win the popular vote.

Every decision he makes is not only voted on by the republic but by the people. If 75% of the people pass it and only 35% of congress pass it. The people over ride congress.

The dictators will be chosen by where they grew up in society. Someone who has had hardships in life and didn't have everything handed to them. Someone with enough intelligence to do make the right decisions and learn from life lessons.

So professors at colleges will be told to be scouts for possible upcoming dictators. They will be watched and looked at as possible competition for the current dictator at the time. 10 yrs to watch a guy is enough time to decide which one is best fitted for the job.

Once the dictator is out if he's ruled for more then 20 years none of his sons are allowed to run for dictator. This freshens up the minds in power. Only his grandchildren are given that opportunity and so forth.

The main reason we need the dictator's to come from the lower classes of people. Is because they have the most needs and the person would most likely know how to fix those problems since he is coming from the inside out.

Women and all races are capable! No one born outside the country is capable and no one with a suspicious birth certificate is allowed.

With this system I can see a better world for our country. And eventually would like to see the world unite around one man even if it is for 10 yrs at a time. As borders should be gone. And the world should be open to everybody. One law, One government, One people.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think it'd bet a good idea to also, after the world is uniting. To use the best qualities of each country and expand on them. For example the United States is the bread basket of the world. Let the American people focus on farming.

With each country and or sector of the world doing what it does best and provide that for the world. Then each sector has it's place.

No more competition between foreign capitalist's. Everyone does what they do. I think ti would also be beneficial if we use our technology to invent ways to live in places like the desert.

We complain about screwing up our own planet and destroying ecosystems. Why don't we leanr to live places where we are less likely to destroy our own planet. So that by the time we decide to leave it we are not leaving behind a barren rock and the decision to move was not out of desperation.

This way we are preserving our planet and living in places where there is plenty of room to move around. What's in the desert? Nothing! So why not live there.

Leave the forests and what not alone. Otherwise we just be coming down on a resource crunch that could break our future advancements.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting...

Here is a egglett of an idea of mine, I haven't really thought it out yet or hatched it but I thought I'd throw it out there... Similar to the OP's grocery/work card.

Instead of money people carry a card, similar to a credit card.... the way you credit this card is by helping some one else. If you help some one, they swipe your card to show you have contributed to society in a good way.

The more people you help, the richer you become, the better society becomes and people help because they want to help.

Those who don't want to help.... well.... not thought that bit out yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on how over population is treated. About how our environment ie planet is treated. As a whole by the Human animal. I'd like to procrastinate a little further on "Human Animal". Because we as a technologically dependent species like to separate ourselves from the whole animal aspect. Yet we still depend on our planet and the sun for life.

If it were not for the stability of the planet and the stability of the sun. Everything would be all higglety pigglety. So here's my point. Your not above animal status until you've reached far beyond that of animalistic needs and BEHAVIOR.

Until then we are the Human Animal. And even then let's be honest. It's still animals in space at it's root! No one is above the animal status NO ONE.

Even the universe itself must be animal. Why? If it it wasn't the whole animal mentality and will to survive wouldn't exist!

Anyways back to over population. Their is a whole wide space of desert out there.

Yes the desert!

Why?

No environment to destroy!

We can spread out as far as we like build as much as we want. And won't have to worry about ruining or destroying environment.

This will allow the deer populations and most of the endangered species to make a come back. Without coming back in a tiny environmental space.

We can replenish our wood reserves without tearing down the rain forests.

With our technology and the free capability of making adobe houses that are economically sound. Why not?

Think about this. The deserts are huge plenty of space. We can inhabit our planet without destroying it if we take advantage of all thats been given!

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's funny that you mention this. Because I've been thinking that show swamp people. What if the real reason behind it was to attract people down to the everglades and bayou to kill gators so eventually they can be inhabited with little to no croc activity?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Yeah shows like that can be conceived as recruiting programming. Make it appealing drawl in the misguided sheep and use the added muscle to quicken the agenda.

What's that other one set over there is Oregon? American Loggers? Again! What people won't do for money?

One of the main focal points of this thread is. We can move forward and progress as a planet without the negative effects of money, and construction.

One of the problems we face is capitalism. It controls our politics.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What makes this very real is that like our solar system and galaxy where this is a limited time no matter how long the clock. There is a countdown to extinction. And you have to know in your mind that your time on your home world is very limited.

When we open the world up to everyone and allow controlled excess it starts a faster countdown on resources. And while the world could handle it for a couple centuries the fact is. Is that elite minds working are going to start proposing lack of certain every day items and more of the items that only people selected to leave will use.

Because let's face it everyday resources go to pure garbage like electronic clay tablets with apps. The fact is we could be using those electronics for a ride out of here.

So let the countdown to extinction speed up just a little bit faster. And let's see if this species can out wit there own destructive wastefulness.

top topics

join