It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With 47 Guns Planning a Shooting at an Indiana School is Arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yep. I mean, the threat of gun violence is never good, but when we start equating everyone who has a large number of firearms with a mass murdering psychopath because he had a few too many beers and started shooting his mouth off we are in trouble.
Don't get me wrong, the things he told his wife are inexcusable. But come on now. We could find stories like this every day if we tried. And all over the world too.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I tend to believe that this type of thing is exaggerated to the point of almost being an outright lie to get the most viewership possible. I think it's more about greed than anything else.

Doesn't mean I exclude the possibility of a government directed motive, but from where I sit, it's mostly due to greed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
reply to post by ausername

Someone on a news station said that we shouldn't even know the shooters name because that glorifies it and makes people want to be on TV and famous. They should limit the amount of information that comes out about this stuff, because this kid is now famous for the rest of history and basically got what he wanted, everyone talking about him.

they even get their own wiki!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

who these shooters get their own wiki pages?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Don't get me wrong, the things he told his wife are inexcusable. But come on now. We could find stories like this every day if we tried. And all over the world too.

You've got a point, I don't know how any man could speak to his wife in that manner. Something is not right with this man either way. They think he is bluffing, and he probably is, but damn those are some anger issues.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Who cares if he was bluffing?

I am not at all for the thought police, but there is a reason why folks don't talk about bombs on planes. This butthole deserves to be locked away. Anyone who can threaten to kill as many kids as possible doesn't deserve his freedom.

I am just about fed up with dumb people who think they can threaten whatever they want and think there will be no consequences. Who knows if he was "just bluffing'? I for one am not willing to wait and find out.

There was another thread on here earlier where a 19 year old was threatening to shoot up every school in a 100 mile radius if they tried to outlaw guns. His butt got hauled in too, and I am glad.

These poor babies died from the evil acts of one, and anyone who can make jokes, praise the killer, or threaten to do the same, in my view, is just as evil as the shooter himself.

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Reminds me of someone I used to know.
Guy spent time in Vietnam and apparently was in on some pretty nasty stuff. His problem was he had a near photographic memory so he was always trying to drink crap away. Ever once in awhile he'd pull out his guns and threaten similar things.

He ended up killing himself.
Sad

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

This is a good point. I agree that jail time is in order. For terroristic threatening. But we need not make him out to beanother mass murderer. It will just be used as political fodder.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Protect your loved ones folks-this friday is the 21st remember-It would not surprise me if that is behind some of these killings and attempts-at least in the minds of the unhinged minority.
Crazy people combined with an ancient misinterpreted (IMO) calender is not a good mix.

Just be alert is all I am saying-it can't hurt to be extra vigilant.

Peace,friends.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Protect your loved ones folks-this friday is the 21st remember-It would not surprise me if that is behind some of these killings and attempts-at least in the minds of the unhinged minority.
Crazy people combined with an ancient misinterpreted (IMO) calender is not a good mix.

Just be alert is all I am saying-it can't hurt to be extra vigilant.

Peace,friends.

Damn right. I'm not too worried about the prophesy itself, in fact I'm not worried at all. I am however terrified of those who believe the world is ending this Friday.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Especially with the current socio-political climate, I imagine they will keep him locked up as long as they can legally. As they should.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

But no, having 50 guns is not easy to wind-up happening.

Im over that number and have never been a reckless spending buy it all kind of guy. It's been quite a long time since I bought one.

They just build up over the years. A few inheritances, a few for IDPA, a couple of carry guns, about a dozen just for cowboy action, some black powder replicas for reenactments, post-AWB versions of my 3-gun gear for competitions in AWB states. AR variants alone add up quick between CMP, 3-gun, hunting, pre and post AWB versions, varying calibers and barrel lengths, sure I guess you could just have one lower and keep switching uppers but when a lower is a couple hundred bucks why not have a complete rifle?

It just sort of adds up.

ETA: Ive never sold one or traded one so once I get a hold of a gun it stays with me. Maybe that's why?

I have a history prof buddy who has two rooms of his home that are essentially vaults. He's well over 500 firearms I think. He doesnt have hardly any ammo though. He rarely shoots. Just collects.

Oh, then you marry a shooter.

Moving around 800lb safes is not fun.
edit on 17-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
PY-OPS

OMG I can tell you some CRAZY # I've heard an angry husband OR wife say to the other.

Threats of castration.
"I'll blow up your uterus"
"I wish I could kill you cuz I was better off before you"...

MILLIONS OF THINGS!!!

Anybody ever seen a woman get her uterus blown up...?

No? His statement should not be admissible in court, and the fact that he had guns is unrelated. Saying things (that can't even be verified) while arguing with your SPOUSE........ lolLOLlol

fear, ON

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This is a good point. I agree that jail time is in order. For terroristic threatening. But we need not make him out to beanother mass murderer. It will just be used as political fodder.

so... the guy allegedly threatens to kill a bunch of people..... and you think that he SHOULD be jailed for making a threat, but should NOT be under suspicion as the next mass murderer...?

What was the threat then....?

Drop all charges...

His true crime? Legally owning more than 2 guns...
edit on 17-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Terroristic threatening is a crime. If he threatened his wife and those kids he can face punishment...if his wife decides to press charges. Otherwise I don't see a crime here, no.

What I am saying is that I hope the fact he owned 47 guns doesn't get blown out of proportion and used as leverage by the anti gun crowd.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by unphased

What I am saying is that I hope the fact he owned 47 guns doesn't get blown out of proportion and used as leverage by the anti gun crowd.

It already has to some degree. It was part of the article's title for a reason, the fact that he had 47 guns isn't really necessary to convey the needed information.

Would have worked just as well as "Man Planning a Shooting at an Indiana School is Arrested."

.... but I had to put the exact title in....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pffft what difference does 47 guns make vrs 1 or 2 guns when it is one person? 47 people with 47 guns, I might take notice.

Just owning a lot of guns? pfft Can only use one at a time.

Another let's go all Matrix and hang guns inside our trench coat?
Another Mr. and Mrs. Smith let's hang guns out of our cool boots and in our waistbands and just throw them down when done?

How stupid are people that they can't even come up with an original fantasy of their own that doesn't involve killing people?

Are some people just that afraid of even the thought of guns that 47 sounds more like "a pack of vicious dogs' that 'one doggie"

Who is designing these fantasies and who is designing these headlines?
They are all giving me a headache.
edit on 17-12-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm just curious if he was totally serious, how he planned to carry and shoot 47 guns at the same time?

<< 1   >>

join