It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all schools should be cancelled this Friday.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My grandchild will not be going to school Friday,where we live we had 9 bomb threats and talk of a shooting going down on the 21st at her school,she has been out a week because of the bomb threats,just returned Monday to school because they closed school down for the bomb threats,now she is afraid to go to school Friday,so sad that fear has taken over our childrens lives

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
Many, or most, schools in this area have added armed security for this entire week. We are within a 40 minute radius of S.H.E.S. I hope to never have to see this again in my lifetime, or my childrens' lifetime, but I would rather see the "crazy" people try to do something this week, while the gaurds are there. Maybe we can weed out a few of the nuts here and now.
edit on 18-12-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

Wait - 'added armed security'?

Thought this was supposed to be in a 'gun free zone'?

Bit late getting armed guards in now..talk about after the horse has bolted.

Blimey...if they had done this a week earlier, most of the kids, or even all of them would be thinking of what they were getting for Christmas right now...because of that districts short sighted ineptitude, instead we have their parents thinking about burying the poor kids.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes i know what you mean,they didn't even tell the parents what security measures the school was going to take,when she return to school,but they had police,fire deparment,and FT HOOD soliders there,but that still doesn't ease her mind about Friday

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I do not think anything supernatural will happen on the 21st, but I do think the fear associated around this date will cause some nutters to lose it and wreak havoc on innocent individuals. My advice is to not panic. Just relax with family/friends and stay the heck away from public places where some nutters might be planning to do something stupid.

In other words, I don't think it is just schools we need to be thinking about. We need to be thinking about everyone's safety. I'm not trying to fearmonger or anything like that. I really do believe some crazy disturbed fools will try some idiotic stuff and everyone should be vigilant. The only thing we have to be mindful of on the 21st is stupid people. Stay away from them if at all possible.
edit on 19-12-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think staying away from the crazy and stupid people as much as possible, I would recommend choosing where you go. Meaning, avoid the stores where the crazy stuff already happens. All those places Black Friday shoppers freak out? Don't go there. Yeah, pretty much rules out Walmart. Malls should be avoided, if possible. Theme parks, big events? NO WAY I would be at one of those. Too many people going nuts about this stuff to risk it. My kids will be in school, but we home school.

I can just hear the comments now, about refusing to live in fear. Well, couple of things on that subject. Yes, it stinks. However, this is ONE possible crazy day (and the build up to it), and being careful on that day is better than not being alive on the next.

Overall, trust your instincts. If you plan to do something, and feel like it is a bad idea, don't go. Trust those instincts.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I hope I get an excuse to get out of school. I don't really trust the people around here. most are morons and will probably shoot people tomorrow. Luckily there might be a snow day tomorrow. I hope so.
edit on 20-12-2012 by shelbylcollins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well, hope that all got through the day safely. Only bad case I heard was a guy shooting a couple of men, then a woman in a church. Maybe those planning these things figured it would be too suspicious to pull one on the 21'st.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

FinalCountdown

Originally posted by texasgirl
I think the kids will be okay going to school. The end of the world is supposed to happen at 11:11pm universal time. Most of us will be home then.

It does make me nervous about copy-cat killers, though.

I thought it was 6pm Eastern.
To coincide with the evening news

Guess I was off with that time frame.
Sorry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join