It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all schools should be cancelled this Friday.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Now for the most part, all public schools should be closed.
On the doomsday date, I would advise people to be on guard while out shopping at malls (gonna be crowded), and of course at theaters.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATScory
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I wouldn't consider missing one day of school "changing your lifestyle" lol

Not taking your normal bus to work and driving instead...

Keeping kids out of school...

People jumping ship and heading for the hills...

So this is normal in most people's daily lives? No, it's them changing their daily routine (lifestyle) over the fear of one day.

Not saying taking precautions is a bad thing, I'm saying don't freak out and start going overboard.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The guy that stabbed 20+ kids in China on the same day as the Ct school shooting seems to be using the "end of the world' as a defense.. or excuse, so you actually may have some merit to this post.

abcnews.go.com...

My kids will be in school Friday, but I just do not want to give into the fear.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chefc14

I've been thinking of Heaven's Gate this entire time. If some weirdo cult commits pact suicide over a comet, think about how many loonies are out there gearing up for some bad craziness over a mass hysteria/public panic about the end of the world.. it might get weird. And some paradigms might shift. The Mayans may have been right after all, in a completely different way than previously thought. It's a shame our society is this mentally fragile.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I totally agree with you OP.

Just as a precaution because the most unpredictable variable here is PEOPLE.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just keep kids at home that day if you feel like it. If your kid doesn't already have a lot of absences at school it will be fine. Just say they overindulged in holiday food or got a stomach virus or something. It could happen.
I believe that there will be a lot of crazy folks doing things. Some people honestly think the world is ending so it won't matter what they do. They may even think they are being merciful or doing people a favor by killing them early.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chefc14

this is honestly what i am more worried about as well.......people who let all this propganda seep into their mind. its very sickening i will admit. even talking bout the idea of mass violence due to the doom hype and judgement or whatever get me all jittery. im sick of it to be honest i want to get this stupid day over with and i would love nothing more than to never talk bout the end of the world ever again. sure fiction and post armageddom stuff like that is cool im a sci/fi horror nerd. but people are so easily led to water so to speak and they greatly lap it up! makes me think sometimes that the stuff people talk bout mind controll is real but not like the x-rays or microwaves that we preceive it as. plain and simple it seams like this is being seeped into peoples minds. sorry for the rant. im just trying to deal with feeling like im in one big insane asylum. been very blah latlley

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Most schools around my area will be closed.
I really don't care how well a school is set up to keep unwanted people out, if there are windows or glass doors then it really is not that hard to get in. Even in Conn the first reports were he shot the door out. Our city schools lock all doors but one, I have never understood how they think that will just make someone go straight to the office. I think it should be up to the parents if they want to send their kids to school.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
We're not likely to suffer a school shooting in the UK (though I'm not saying it can't happen), and my sons school is impossible to get into unless they recognise you as a parent. Second to this, all doors open from the inwards out, they're all locked from the inside and you can't open them from outside.

Further to this; I have my own reasons to not wanting him to be in school Friday.
It's that "just in case something bad does happen" regarding 21/12/2012. If there is a massive world ending event (which I know logically there won't be), I would want to die with my son, not separately from him.

This is all well and good but the school who got attacked had all of these security features as well - the kid shot/broke through one of the windows in the school and walked through.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH
This is all well and good but the school who got attacked had all of these security features as well - the kid shot/broke through one of the windows in the school and walked through.

We still don't know how he got in. This is one of the many aspects of this event that has been changed and contradicted repeatedly. It highlights how important it is to get the FACTS out asap so others may learn from it, but this is not happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just to clear things up. I don't believe the world will end on the 21st. I am saying psychopaths do. And we need to realize they believe it! And they will be tempted to find the nearest school and go crazy. They will act if they believe. Just be careful for one day

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Wow, I know it's anecdotal, but if even a teacher would say something like that to her students, that actually gives me the creeps. Not because I'm disgusted by the teacher doing that, rather because I believe that teachers have a sort of distance from their students. subjects in the classroom discussion betwween a teacher and his students that do not deal with the school itself or the class material are only entered into when there is some relation to the material (as in examples) or when there is some issue, good or bad, involves not only the school, but also the community or nation.

For example, as an educator, I've spoken with my students on outside topics when the following events occurred:
-presidential election & inauguration
-Haitian, Chilean and Japanese earthquakes
-hurricane Katrina - the first year I taught...
-the Arab spring (during the actual first spring)
-the Super Bowl
-world series
-the Olympics
-a very popular movie that all the kids want to see / major musician having a concert the night before
-a national holiday
-passing of a famous person (fame dictated by the students of course) ...if someone famous within the material we were learning died, no one got too motivated...)

Even as a student, I remember the teacher speaking about Desert Storm, Clinton's election, the OKC Bombing, the movie Titanic, Colombine, Bush v. Gore, 9/11...

By far, two stand out though: - watching the OJ Simpson verdict being read in sophomore English class and discussing Monica Lewinski in French class - although, it was related because Lewinski had become slang in France for intern.

Y2K - this one however is the best example. Again, it's up to every teacher to decide where the conversational line sits. But as I said, if the subject is beyond normal discussion, it has to have some greater significance, whether the tone is sad, happy, funny or whatever. You can all tell from the above list what the tone would have been to cause my teachers to bring it up with us or me to bring it up with my students.

When it was the end of fall semester in 1999, several teachers made references to Y2k, but all of them in a light hearted way - "some of you might not be back to soon since you'll be coming back on horse and buggie" or something like that.

For a teacher to say "don't come in on 12/21" is a sign the tone of this is in a more melancholic place. It's certainly not just one and it tells me that fear of the unknown has become strong. It doesn't matter if a person thinks its because of some calamity with alignment, rotation, or polarity, the return of Christ, Kukumatz or space aliens, the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, or the crazies who might ascribe to the beliefs and run wild.

But back to how it creeps me out: it has become apparent that all major events require faith to occur - focused mental energy that comes from a place of belief that has created the logical grounding for the event to occur on such and such date. I'm not trying to get metaphysical or sell you "the Secret", I'm getting psychological and sociological.

People believe something strong enough, it will alter their behavior. Other people's actions affect yours and group think can take over rapidly. In my opinion, the presence of this day with such a negative outlook that is so entrenched in many people's consciousness can be self prophecy at work. No, not that rifts will open up or the sun will explode, but it could start irreversible conflict, destruction or chaos, like dominoes...or lemmings...schools of fish, whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think they should cancel school too, and people should stay home.

Not because I think the world is going to end, but I am hoping a new one is beginning...

and there's a lot of nuts out there that are going to be real nutty that day.

Plus it's solstice, and we're pagan. lol
edit on 17-12-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

It's just one day...spend it with your son.
My kids have a 1/2 day...but they will not be attending, they will be with me, and their father. As is should be.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, fortunately the teachers here figured a week wasn't enough time off so Friday is called for a "Professional Development Day". They seem to take a day or two off every month for that..must be nice. Anyway, in this case? I'm happy about it. I hadn't even thought of our Son staying home from school for the 12/21 stupidity but it sure gave me a start to think about for a minute. I'd probably have kept him home if he wasn't anyway, after you mention it.

It isn't even about a fear that HIS school will have something bad happen...but people power pushing Dumb as a headline event on Friday is what I half expect and this Lock-Down concept where even parents can't get kids is REAL easy to fix. My kid won't BE in their control on a day where a problem is likely to develop.....then I don't have to worry about their ability to properly care for him in a crisis. They can't care for him on a GOOD day...it won't even be tried in a major crisis situation. The more I think about it..the stronger I feel too. I'm glad he's off anyway.

Just an FYI Teacher Professional Development days are not days off. In most (possibly all) states they are mandated to fulfill requirements by the state. They do not count toward the required student days and teachers report to the school or an alternate venue as dictated to them by administration.
edit on 17-12-2012 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank God I don't have any kids in school anymore! I took this week for my vacation at work just so I would be home on the 21st with my family. I'll be glad when this week is over!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATScory
Hello everyone, I am sure everyone is getting increasingly aware of all the shootings that have been going on all over the country this last week leading up to the 21st(end of the world blah blah blah). Now as everyone is not also aware of is copy cat shooters, people who mimic or even try to outdo what someone else did to get equal the infamy. Now to the threads title.

I strongly value education, but this being said, people have gone NUTS! I have a feeling what will come this week will make the elementary school shooting look like a bruised knee or a paper cut. Now if the end of the world was supposed to end on Friday, when do you think copycat shooters will most likely try to outdo their instigator. Friday. My prediction is of several or even a dozen of these shootings on this day. I think you would be stupid to even let your kids go to school this week with all the nut jobs out their.

Do you agree with me that we should not have school this Friday to thwart any huge plans of murder? or do you think Sandy Hook is it?

Thank you.

Yep, I agree. I predict a lot of looney tunes will come out of the woodwork Friday.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My kids haven't been conceived yet so, no school for them.

I will record the end of the world on video so I can show to them one day.
I would've pulled them out of school years ago I think.
edit on 17-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I think the kids will be okay going to school. The end of the world is supposed to happen at 11:11pm universal time. Most of us will be home then.

It does make me nervous about copy-cat killers, though.

I thought it was 6pm Eastern.
To coincide with the evening news

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Im so damn tired of this 12/21/2012 sh*t, plain and simple.
I am under the weather but ffs, I can't wait until all this speculation, paranoia, and nonsense is out the window.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join