It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities On Scene Of Shooting At Grocery Store In Topeka

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Authorities On Scene Of Shooting At Grocery Store In Topeka

www.wibw.com

female witness on scene told 13 News that police told her two officers had been shot. That information had not been confirmed by police to 13 News as of 7:10 p.m. Sunday.

A neighbor told Ann Bush, of the Topeka Capital-Journal, that he heard several shots. The neighbor said he looked out the window and saw an officer shot on the ground. The same neighbor told Bush he saw another officer standing near with hands on his head.

Bush was posting updates from the scene to her Twitter account Sunday night.

Topeka Councilman Chad Manspeaker took to Twitter following the shooting Sunday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Shooting in Kansas, looks like cops were targeted. Does not seem to be related. In my opinion this probably has more to do with drugs, or gang violence, or some sort of retaliation. Is this just business as usual and we are just noticing more? Busy weekend, is it some sort of sacrifice weekend or some sort of astrological event or ritual i should know about?

www.wibw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
With everything going on from these shootings in public places to 12/21 to holiday season and alot more people in public places, maybe its time for the government to raise the terror level to the highest and have people on extra alert...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

I think so, i mght just be really careful this holiday season.

Hyper vigilance.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Really,.??
Are we now gonna post every shooting?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Is it just not going to stop?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Really,.??
Are we now gonna post every shooting?

I think after what just happened every shooting is kind of relevant with the political standing of current gun laws.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Seems important considering what the above poster stated(usaman), which i agree with. Its 12/12 man. # is probably going to happen just because, whatever the cause. People should be aware of whats going on. I am personally going to be staying away from public places this week.
edit on 16-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
image of the scene

twitter.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
With everything going on from these shootings in public places to 12/21 to holiday season and alot more people in public places, maybe its time for the government to raise the terror level to the highest and have people on extra alert...

Yes, let's ask the Govt to raise the terror level....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And
what will be the point of posting every time someone fires a gun in public now..
As this stuff has been going on everywhere in the world
Ive stated in other threads.. 40,000 syrians killed in their war ,, just this year..
Does that mean anything to you,, would a gun law have stopped that?

With this kind of activity,. its is starting to feel like facebook
edit on 16-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I think everything is relavent ATM. Especially considering that and yes i am going to say it, a major day of ritual or sacrifice is fast approaching.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think some of these people are copycats. Its going to be a big chain reaction.

I'm sitting in a restaurant now and I'm looking at everybody because we are on edge. People have nothing to loose anymore.
edit on 16-12-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hope the officers are okay.

I know a lot of you on here disagree with them but they are human just like us. And I don't know what I would done if I didn't have the help of the officers out here with my Niece. She drove me crazy. And I even told the cops at one point, "why can't you tase her to giver a taste of her own medicine?" But, they refused. They said it was inhumane.

My thoughts are with boys in blue.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Can this be related to a failing society or a culture of death, economic woes?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its bad when you have to look over your shoulder in public places......its a sign of things to come i think

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It could be possible. It seems like its each of his own.

Our society has no protection whatsoever. But how do we protect ourselves and each other without the use of guns?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by usaman1983

Yes, let's ask the Govt to raise the terror level....

This is insane. Government, come save us! Feinstein introducing more gun-grabbing legislation; petitions to the White House; pathetic cries to up the terror level. Boy, they (TPTB) hit the jackpot this time.

Agenda 21, here we come....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Hang in there kiddo . I have seen you reference your niece allot lately .
If she is to much to handle seek help .
Merry Xmas

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Aren't the Westboro Baptists in Topeka, Kansas?
(sorry no second line)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join