It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iranian commander foreshadows 'World War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

NATO missiles on the Turkish-Syrian border are a prelude to 'World War', warns Iran’s top general. Following the remarks, the country’s leader, President Ahmadinejad, reportedly cancels his visit to Turkey.

Are Iran and Syria ready to escalate this conflict?

“Unfortunately, one by one, Western countries are approving the deployment of Patriot missiles to Turkey’s border with Syria while they are planning a world war, which is very dangerous for the future of humanity and Europe itself,” General Firouzabadi said on Saturday.

The missiles are just destabilizing an already unstable region.

On Saturday Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi promised Tehran will not allow the West to oust President Bashar Assad. “The Islamic Republic of Iran won't allow Western plans and scenarios aimed at overthrowing the Syrian government to succeed,” the minister said via a commented posted on the website for Iranian state TV.

We now can see the strength of Iran's resolve, partnered with Syria i can only surmise this is the calm before the storm.

I cant help but find it ironic that the impending doomsday of mankind is approaching, with only 5 days till 12/21 how do you think this is going to play out? If Iran has nuclear capability, this truly will be a new kind of ball game.

I wait to see the outcome, but i cant help but wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophesy.

Whats your take ATS?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Personally? I think Iran is 90% bluff and bluster but that 10% is wicked dangerous and something to watch very carefully for.

I'd say Assad's time is running real fast here and if Iran is going to help they have a real time limit ticking away here. If they follow this with ACTION? Awww... Hell.. it's on.
Iran has plenty of military to send a few divisions of conscripts and all the hardware Syria could want or need ....if they chose to ...and fly it right in for all to see. They do have that mutual defense and assistance treaty after all.

Given the treaty? Iran isn't even doing it as a good idea...It's an outright obligation. Why folks have consistently ignored this factor has baffled me from the start.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My only fear is that it takes just one person with their finger on the button.
Only one missile with nuclear warhead and the $#!^ will really start to fly.

Religious extremists have no problem strapping a C4 vest and blowing up a bus or train.
I'm certain that they will have no ill thoughts as to pushing the nuke button if they have the capability.

That's the scariest part.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I just realised that it would be very strange if the first shot fired (or missile for that matter) in WWIII would be a German Patriot. Just saying. What are the odds?

Sorry, off topic.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If anyone on "their" side is sitting with a red button...it won't be Thermonuclear. For a hundred reasons and more....They don't have the targets and the margins of error to use those weapons in that tight little space they have to live in afterward.

If Iran or anyone else over there has a little red button I think that button will have three little letters written above it and in those three letters spells our defeat if my bad bad feeling lately has basis. E.M.P. If they launch...I don't expect a blast I ever even hear. We'll have the most incredible light show most humans have ever seen across the heavens in a once in a lifetime event and it may be the last time for a LONG LONG time most of us see working electricity in any form.

Lets hope those cooler heads everyone always talks about come out from somewhere and prevail over something soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you know what else makes EMP? Nukes detonated over head.

I wonder, does anyone know the % of fissionable material needed to make an emp nuke?

I know it takes around 90% for a thermonuclear bomb. my bet is that Plutonium detonated at even 20% can still produce an emp.

While it wouldnt mean a cataclysmic radiation release it sure would be enough to stop everything but the guns.

Maybe im being paranoid.....but the last few years give me good cause.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh. nuclear detonation is what I mean.... Just not Thermonuclear at ground level to destroy people or even kill anyone.

I got onto a side thing a week or so back when I realized America had actually blown nuclear weapons in space. Hadn't known that before....and don't ask how I missed it but I did. Then I saw how those blasts knocked out electrical systems 900 miles away while making one heck of a light show for Hawaii to see from that distance.

They don't need to aim....they don't need to be perfect ...they don't even need the weapons to be clean or good. Who cares if it's blowing 100 miles or 200 miles up, right?

You know what else? This hit me like a punch to the gut. The Ayatollah has been insisting that on one hand, the West would feel the results of their Nuclear efforts....but on the other? No nuclear warheads and Iran won't kill with nuclear power.

Well.... that's quite the paradox for him to riddle the world with, isn't it? People just assume he's lying and can't keep it straight.....except...there is ONE way everything they've said can be true at the same time...isn't there?

edit on 16-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Personally? I think Iran is 90% bluff and bluster but that 10% is wicked dangerous and something to watch very carefully for.

I'd say Assad's time is running real fast here and if Iran is going to help they have a real time limit ticking away here. If they follow this with ACTION? Awww... Hell.. it's on.
Iran has plenty of military to send a few divisions of conscripts and all the hardware Syria could want or need ....if they chose to ...and fly it right in for all to see. They do have that mutual defense and assistance treaty after all.

Given the treaty? Iran isn't even doing it as a good idea...It's an outright obligation. Why folks have consistently ignored this factor has baffled me from the start.

Wrab...15000 iran guardsmen in Syria....
Regular fllights of commercial aircraft fromIran bringing in arms etc....
Iran is doing its best to live up to the tresaty....
The missiles in Turkey pose a thread to the capabilities of the Iranians hole card...Their Missile inventory.
In poi of fact, the Iranis have bet a whole pile of chips on arming themselves with all tyes op missiles....
They have zilch for airforce and navy....though the best arms of each are missiles.....
Their Intermediate range ballistic mssiles are their stock in trade militarily, and a big defensive card.
Should they become ringed with patriot bases...(which apears to be the strategy.......)
Its obvious their hole cards are partially neuralised.....their offensive capability halved or worse...
Threatening Europe and turkey as well as Isreal....Their missile fleet is their only real defense.....

Neutralise these and they may be goaded into a strike first scenario of preemptive missile strikes to get through before the ring is completed and they are rendered hors de combat.....
This is dangerous brinkmanship on the wests part...because the Iranis will not back off......just watch, they have a very competant military staff....they will try to maximize the damage if cornered.
edit on 16-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I suppose you're right about this...and thinking about it, it's a real good point. They haven't put much into a navy or air force. It's all been missile and stand off weapons. Patriots would negate some of that. Hmm.... That would tend to explain why this system, of all systems, has them in an uproar. I hadn't considered how this puts them in Check with enough batteries deployed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How does backing them into a corner get anything accomplished, all its going to do is force their hand.

If anyone thinks that all the bases are covered, they are sorely mistaken.
when facing imminent annihilation from multiple fronts they wont aim they wont care as long as they take as many as they can down with the sinking ship.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Generally, I view tampering in the middle east as just that...meddling.

But this is a case where fire from Syria is regularly coming over the Turkey border, and they have every right to respond to that. And they have every right to appeal to allies to gain help in doing so.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Everyone In Positions Of Power Seem To Be Jumping On The WWIII Band Wagon.Seems It May Just Happen,and Pretty Soon

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Iran is simply full of Hot Air. It knows only far too well what would happen should a War break out between itself and the United States. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that such a war would break out.

In the event that hostilities did break out...the U.S. would take Iran's Nuclear Program into consideration and the U.S. would use whatever means necessary to neutralize such a threat.

The World has not seen the United States fight an all out war since WWII. The U.S. Military would not leave anything to chance when dealing with the possibilities of Nuclear Weapons.

It would be a Blood Bath.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join