It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Very nice thread Bone, but you can go even further, if atom is a black whole as Nassim suggests, then I can think nothing else but - we have worlds within us, planets, stars etc. and even leaving beings. Then you start to understand that you are god/creator or what ever you choose to call it. We are all ONE.
Flag is on the way.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

I may have seen the video you are referring to... If its the one i am thinking of i believe it was later determined to be one galaxy caught in the gravitational pull of the larger second, and will eventually fall into the black hole at the second's center.

I could be wrong though, if so i would really like to see that video.

Another flaw in this theory also would be how we are now finding some smaller particles at the atomic level that blink into and out of existence, and can seemingly be in two places at once...

Now there may be planets that disappear and reappear in some unknown far off galaxy, but it cetainly hasnt happened with in our current observational limits.

Again, i dont mean to poke holes in this theory as i do believe it holds some weight. But a flawed theory is a failed theory as far as the scientific community is concerned.

I do believe the OP, and the others that came before him are looking in the right direction, but there are still some crucial pieces to the puzzle that arent quite fitting yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Reminds me of some of the stories the used to be in Heavy Metal magazines way back when.
S&F

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is what Erik Streed, Lecturer in Physics at Griffith University has to say (the guy who, along with his team, succeeded in their experiment to take a picture of the shadow of the atom) :

We're pretty sure the rings are an artifact of subtle changes in the optical wavelength filter were are using. They only occur in some of the photos and we weren't able to get them to consistently appear or disappear. Similar features can occur in Bose-Einstein condensate imaging. The main dark spot has a signal-to-noise ratio of only 5, so any reliable examining more subtle features will have to wait for our next round of system upgrades to be complete.

So the rings may, or may not be there... time will tell I suppose

I love the idea of things within (or, with-out) things myself, pondered it since a young age as many of us seem to have, for centuries past. There must be a catalyst for these familiar thoughts...

Anyway, as much as I love the idea, that image of the atom seems to show more a kind of concentric 'orbiting' 'wave' patterns, if you will, than it does arms of a spiral-like galaxy...
A better comparison, to me, would be the sun with orbiting planets and with the heliopause acting as a 'boundary', seeing as atoms are mostly 'orb' like,
unlike the flat disk shape of galaxies.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Bone75

Sorry if these are dumb observations, I know you guys worked hard on resolving this image. What an image too. I wanted to ask you about the diagram presented in the link.

I don't really know enough about the subject to use the right terminology, but I'll try. The shadow of the laser penetrating the atom is what leaves this image? Or is the laser going around it and producing an interference patter of "spherical edges".

The reason I ask is that I was thinking this looked like the two slit experiment where interference patterns produce waves in straight lines except that in the case of the above diagram it makes hemispheric circles instead?

Forgive me for not having the terminology correct.

My other question has to do with why you super impose an atom (with a fixed number of electrons) over a galaxy with hundreds of billions of points (stars). Do you mean to imply that the atom you "shadowed" has as many particles inside its boundary as a typical Galaxy?

To clear up any confusion, I am not the scientist that took the photo. The quote was an excerpt from his blog. He seems like a nice enough guy though, maybe he could answer some of your questions about atoms.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In Islamic mythology, Bahamut is a giant fish acting as one of the layers that supports the earth and described as so immense that a human cannot bear its sight; if all the seas of the world were to be placed in one of the fish's nostrils, it would be like a mustard seed laid in the desert.

Bahamut supports a bed of sand, on which stands a bull, on whose back rests a rock which holds the waters in which the earth is located. Beneath the fish are layers of suffocating wind, a veil of darkness, and mist.

Bahamut is some fish floating in some vast sea, and the bull is a Microscopic bacteria on the fish, our universe is an atom on on microscopic dust and water on some microscopic bacteria on some floating fish in some vast ocean on another dimension. :O
edit on 17-12-2012 by Saint88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by Saint88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This thread has been a real eye opener. I mean holy wow!

Thank you for this everyone. So many amazing ideas and insight.

We are all truly connected. Infinity.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I thought this had become common knowledge after "Men in Black" came out.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yep, that's one theory, however consider this postulation. If you were to overlay this image, then our Universe would be a lot more pleasant to live in..and there would be no world hunger.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

Not everyone has seen Men In Black. I know I have not because that is not my kind of thing.

Everyone is on a different ride and we are exposed to different ideas, information and knowledge at different stages.
So to assume anything is of common knowledge is an ignorant thought with in itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Awesome - thanks for this. I've believed this for a few years now, and in a way - when I was little.

Because I heard the part in church about humans being created in God's image - and how God was everything and God was everywhere, and I just figured that we were really small, and living inside of God. Simple as that.

Physically and spiritually.

And on that note - I believe this is why we are much more important to God than we give ourselves credit. Because although we are VERY tiny in comparison to him - we are aware - and we are becoming more aware of where we are, and why we're here. We can do things on this level that others can't.

Perhaps we are supposed to be part of his immune system, but we just haven't quite figured it out yet. Perhaps our "cell" in his body (a.k.a. our universe) could eventually become one of those super immune cells like we all have in our bodies - the ones that go around the body and look for viruses and cancers and such, and alert the brain and the rest of the body to come and help fight. And stop these things from invading and taking over or killing other cells. Perhaps in God, like in us - its the body that fights these things off.

And we are most definitely part of the body of God.

I really hope one day that we can be a help. And quit standing around, collectively scratching our heads and wondering "What am I here for?"

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicole101

I see the way you think, but most of us have no idea/knowledge. But we will all know - when the time comes. On the other hand - there is no time. Ill try to initiate this before 21st December and make my own thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Horton Hears a Who

Makes the gears of the mind turn, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'm so happy to see this posted here.

This means, to me, that the time is ripe for what I have to offer.

And that is: many, many more pieces to this puzzle.

However, I'm not able to create a new thread yet. I've been reading ATS for about 7 years but have never made a post - so, I've sent a moderator a request to be excused from the 20-post prerequisite for making a new thread in hopes that I can present part 1 of the information tonight.

Also - many of you have been asking questions pertaining to this train of thought/understanding/perception - I've copy/pasted all of the ones that I feel I can assist with and will be addressing those in my potentially upcoming thread(s) - so be on the lookout if you asked a question and want to dig a little deeper.

I'll post a link in this thread as soon as I have the new one up.

Thanks for presenting this Bone75!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree with you theory 100%. Keep up the good work. S & F

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Very cool theory. I always thought of earth and our galaxy part of a bigger system. I like how you broke it down also. Thanks for that food for thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I haven't read all the comments on board yet and need a few clarification in regards to the picture of our Galaxy. It is my understanding that every top-down image of the Milky Way we have seen is an artist's rendering.......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Cool... I guess I'm not the only one that sees this aspect of the seemingly fractal scaling of the universe.

(I've seen a lot of people argue solar systems when comparing something to atoms, but I would say "Nope, galaxies have a much stronger correlation." It's more of a structural and quantum statistical behaviour thing. But until now, I've yet to see anyone else jump to this from the beginning.)

---Edit--- Removed some redundant stuff. Since I was glimpsing too fast - indeed you made the same observations. Uncanny fractal stuff is uncanny. Mindblowing to some people but fun to ponder anyways.

But change the part about "orbiting the electron" to "partical within the domain of a statistical probability curve of an electron's location". Each spiral arm has more dense segments, and those seem to correlate to electrons. On that scale our itty-bitty solar system bit doesn't really orbit as rather flows around through it with a sort of brownian motion. As for the proton? That's likely the super massive black hole. Neutrons might be the "dark matter".

edit on 17-12-2012 by pauljs75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Amazing.

It's one of those things that has baffled me for years. If the universe is everything, where/when did the universe come from. What's outside the universe? Then my head starts to blow up..

Interesting to say the absolute least.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
huh? i dont get it please explain???

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join