It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Ascension"... Heaven...or Hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Okay, so I keep going back and forth on what I think about all this 12-21-12 ascension stuff.

I honestly can say that I have friends (yes, more than one) who I respect very much who have been "contacted" by what they call higher-enlightened beings. They say these beings fill them with love, and talk about how they want to help the humans reach an enlightened state. The messages they receive sound so good, and loving, and caring, etc. And their message is always directing people to seek enlightenment so we can reunite with God. It makes it hard to think this could come from Satan, or anything evil.

Would "the evil ones" want us to seek God?! I have a hard time believing they would. I've read that demons, Lucifer, and Satan can't even stand to hear anyone discussing God.

So I thought I had my mind made up on which side of the fence I was on.

BUT THEN...

I watched a video on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... the other night, and I haven't been able to get this one thing that was said out of my mind. He (the narrator/author) said there would be a fruit tree that the new ascended souls could eat from that would GUARANTEE they could not come back to the third dimension.

This immediately raised a red flag with me!

I mean, if we have free will, and the 5th dimension is so wonderful compared to where we are now, why would we choose to come back anyway?!

It reminded me of the apple from the Tree of Knowledge that Eve ate in the Garden of Eden in the Holy Bible, and we all know where that led!

This put things into a new perspective for me. I had to question everything I had come to accept regarding The Ascension.

Is this another test from God to see if we follow His rules laid out in the teachings of Jesus? Jesus did say that the only way to Heaven was through him.(Maybe not those exact words, but same meaning.) If we are given another chance to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, and we do, will we be doomed to hell?

Could these beings actually be trying to trick us into going with them, making us think they are leading us to God (or the Source, or the ONE, or whatever you wish to call him/her), then once a soul eats from the fruit, they say, "GOTTCHA!" ?

I am so tired of going back and forth with what I believe. Just when I think I'm on the right path, here comes something like this to throw me off to the other side.

Help me out here. I'm running out of time!
What do you all believe?
edit on 12/16/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 12/16/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 12/16/2012 by sled735 because: Edit Title

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

"And is it any wonder as Satan himself can masquerade as an angel of light"

Satan comes with all lying wonders. You'll know when the 'good guys' turn up, everyone on Earth will see it. At the same time. And Jesus will NOT return on a spaceship, but on a cloud. You'll also know in your heart who he is.

Stay free.

P.S you'll note that in pretty much all contact with these higher beings Jesus is mentioned and made out to be FAR less than what he was. He's no longer the saviour of all but a 'light worker' trying to get us into a higher 'consciousness'. It's all baloney.
Jesus stated who and what he was VERY succinctly. I am the way the truth THE life, no man cometh to the father but by me.

NO ONE gets to heaven based on good deeds and workings, but purely by the grace and love of Christ. These 'spirit beings' hate that because they're not saved, he didn't die for them, they sinned already. Just be careful when engaged with the new age, they'll eventually try and teach you that you're God....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think all this stress is the true deception, Sled. Don't worry, Be happy. Those were the words of a Bengali saint who took a 40 year vow of silence. And those are the truest words ever!

It is our natural state to be happy. It is our indoctrination to worry.

Personally, I don't think anybody will ascend. The few who are worthy of any spiritual ascension will do so in their own time and not on the 21st. They will do so at the time of their death when God calls them on to do other work on the other side.

5th dimensional beings who supposedly exist at all points in the time continuum in a noncorporeal (meaning, without the physical body) most certainly do not need to eat! It is said that beings in that state absorb the essence of being from Spirit itself. No one will be asked to eat anything. Rubbish.

I have thought a lot about this too, Sled. Should I go or should I stay if given the chance? I think I am going to stay. If the world is going to get bad, then it needs me as the voice of reason. Even if my voice is unheard, I will be here to protect those who will listen. I have been through a lot of pain and suffering--what's a lifetime? My faith in God shall carry me across any roaring river.

But personally, so few people are worthy of ascension right now. Trust me. Even the fear you possess right now is a dire attachment to this world. You will be called home when the time is right. So, just renounce and enjoy! Don't worry, be happy! That is how you cast off the deception.
edit on 16-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If I remember the biblical story of Adam and Eve eating from the tree I don't believe there was any "love and caring" being used, but rather trickery and deceit. Now if you want to believe in the devil and whether or not we could be being deceived then I guess you should just remember that God is supposed to be love.

So if God is love why would this being allow love to be used to deceive all of us? If that is the case then I guess we are all screwed because who then could we really trust?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have an illness which causes me to hear voices. Sounds, laughter, knocking at the door so loud that I go to answer it, and no one is there... even talking, sometimes, and whispering. But I've never heard any aliens telling me anything outside of a dream, and the dreams never make sense. The last dream I had mentioned the number 18 as important. There were a great number of portals to choose, and 18 was the correct one. But I digress. I would like to know why I am not hearing these messages. I guess people who are as broken as much as I am are unwanted, even in space.

In space, no one wants you. --tagline

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

From my point of view. Human souls did not eat the apple of knowledge but you ate the apple of duality (and still do) that makes you think your ego minds can judge what is right and wrong and makes you disconnected from each other and god. You can always go back to a lesser state of being 3D if there is a need for it (that you and god in symbiosis discuss). Some of ous do not have any guides or masters telling ous how to evolve and frankly have to listen to our own minds reason and follow synchronicity instead.

Do not worry if you do not feel pleasure in worrying.

And frankly if all the blessed ones suddenly becomes totally lazy (and that would be a miracle not even god can pull of) and I have to fall back here for the next billion years at least I will keep the Ideal that no soul that are ready is abandoned. Getting home has always only been a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

i think you're being seriously SUPERSTITIOUS...

thus spreading ignorance.

deny ignorance.

use REASON.

be intelligently decisive using the scientific method.

study religion and mysticism with the perspective of METAPHOR instead of literalism.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Part of god not god/one with god. You can believe you are disconnected and eat the apple again and again and again. Follower of Paul, not Jesus.

Faith without works is dead. From Matthew a true source of Jesus teaching:

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

None of the "2012" ascension theories are based on any factual evidence, Sled. If any deity is intending to lead a mass exodus of souls from Earth to another state of being, it's not happening on the 21st. None of the predictions - from the Maya calender, to Nibiru, to the Nemesis star, to pole-shifting - have any credible scientific rationale behind them. Your friends, sadly, aren't actually communicating with "ascended beings" right now. What they're doing is utilizing public opinion to try and make themselves seem relevant. Had nobody sensationalized the (incorrect) interpretation of the Maya calender none of these Gurus, spiritualists, or "ascended beings" would be talking about the 21st right now.

Try not to get caught up in the fear mongering.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by sled735

None of the "2012" ascension theories are based on any factual evidence,

see actually.. no.. that's complete BS.

there are people all over the world right now suffering and crysing out and complainign about "ascension symptoms" .. that's factual basis enoguh for me..

morgellons is IMO ... ascension.

but hey you can get all anal about what's "factual" etc...

what's factual? whether someone with a Phd actually approves of it's existence?

the truth is out there.
you're wrong in your assumption.

do some research on the subject.. and no.. i mean go and research morgellons forums for a few months then go and reasearch kundalini awakenings forums for a few months and go and understand all the masonic and christian/sufi/kabalistic mystic esoteric practices gearing us towards out metamorphosis as a species that the people highest in power in our global culture understand...

THEN come back and make your pragmatic assumptions.
edit on 12/16/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thank you to all of you who have responded so far. A lot to ponder here. But it is now my bedtime. I'll be back on later to see where this discussion leads.

Thanks again for your thoughts. Deeply appreciated.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Okay, so I keep going back and forth on what I think about all this 12-21-12 ascension stuff.

I am going to laugh hard when nothing happens. Gonna be alot of Newagers lose their faith that day and pay the price for being false prophets and decievers.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by sled735

I am going to laugh hard when nothing happens. Gonna be alot of Newagers lose their faith that day and pay the price for being false prophets and decievers.

That's exactly what a righteous and holy person would do too. pfft.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

When the aliens/angels do have the balls to show themselves, ask them did Jesus Christ enter this world in the flesh.

If they say yes then they are good angels.

If they don't respond, deny your existence or say no, then they are fallen angels.

1 John. 4:2.

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: "

I mean, if we have free will, and the 5th dimension is so wonderful compared to where we are now, why would we choose to come back anyway?

i spoke to a spirit once who said that all of the flesh cravings still exist in ghost form. Things like food and taste are still there. A spirit in the 5th dimension can only enjoy food again in the 3d material world.

Remember the traitor Cypher (sounds like Lucifer), only able to enjoy the taste of steak in the 3d matrix whilst talking to the agents, when planning the murder of Neo in the first Matrix film. He could only enjoy the (programmed) taste whilst plugged into the 3d world.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Rapha because: The Matrix addition

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
reply to post by sled735

When the aliens/angels do have the balls to show themselves, ask them did Jesus Christ enter this world in the flesh.

If they say yes then they are good angels.

If they don't respond, deny your existence or say no, then they are fallen angels.

1 John. 4:2.

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: "

I mean, if we have free will, and the 5th dimension is so wonderful compared to where we are now, why would we choose to come back anyway?

i spoke to a spirit once who said that all of the flesh cravings still exist in ghost form. Things like food and taste are still there. A spirit in the 5th dimension can only enjoy food again in the 3d material world.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

Hmm. Very interesting about the material craving of ghosts. Even if they have the taste for stuff...they really wouldn't need it though, eh? I would imagine they'd be nourished in non-material ways. Guess I better kick my attachment to food right quick.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems that Ascension is only relegated to those who watch YouTube vids. Apparently this is a prerequisite for ascension. All one needs to do is watch more YouTube vids. Seems simple enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
It seems that Ascension is only relegated to those who watch YouTube vids. Apparently this is a prerequisite for ascension. All one needs to do is watch more YouTube vids. Seems simple enough.

Not at all.
The speakers of non duality are not understood by the mind. The mind is very strong in most and the message is not heard because the mind doesn't want it to be heard. The mind is restricting you, the mind is a snare and a trap and it does not want you to escape.
Being hears what is spoken (if given the chance) because it is already known.
Youtube has some great speakers who point directly to reality which is beyond the mind, prior to the mind. Before the mind shapes reality into 'the illusion of your/my reality' there is the unconditioned.
It is always present.

Ascension is when one realizes that it is all one so the 'separate self' lifts.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There is a universal test question that all is bound to follow.

Did Jesus come in the flesh?

1 John 1:1-4

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

If from above, they will answer. If from below, they will not answer, skirt the issue, or answer in a way that is not clear.

Another way, is if you can see is to look and see if there is a shadow behind said entity.
No Shadow - Above
Shadow - Below

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Ascension is when one realizes that it is all one so the 'separate self' lifts.

Only according to you and your separate self. You speak like the mind isn't a part of us, which is as dualistic as it gets.

How can a one have a 'separate self'? That defies all comprehension. Once one rids himself of a piece of himself, he is no longer whole. Even the idea of a 'separate self' is still steeped in dualistic thinking. These youtube gurus while preaching 'ego death' and 'oneness' or whatever are still thinking dualistically by abstracting themselves into mind, body etc.

If you wish to get rid of the mind, a frontal lobotomy might work.

edit on 16-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

The mind is an appearance. It is what is happening.
There is only what is happening. Nothing else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join