It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not banning guns and that is that.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by projectvxn

Like I said, it is coming, you can't stop it.

I was very angry yesterday about the shooting in CT. I was angry at all the people trying to defend their precious little guns. But after seeing the response nationwide, people have had enough with pro-gun lovers. Enough is enough. I see more and more people coming out and saying it. So I am no longer as angry because I don't think people are going to just sit back and watch any more children die because of ease of access to guns.

We have to, and will, drastically reduce the number of guns in this country. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but you really have no power to stop it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

I'm very interested to hear HOW you seek to accomplish "drastically decreasing the amount of guns in this country". You can throw at me a thousand different scenarios and I will tell you why each one won't work. As others have said, a gun ban would require vast and incalculable amounts of time and money to accomplish. Then what? You expect the US army to come sweep every street and every dark crevasse in every city? I think not, and even then they would remove very few weapons as all of the reasonably intelligent "criminals" would've hoarded and cached any guns they could acquire weeks previous.

In the end, the guns are objects which exist and no piece of fancy parchment full of important signatures and eloquent wording is going to make them all disappear. Psychopaths and murderers don't use legally acquired weapons in their violence...
edit on 17-12-2012 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleDoubleSingle

There is a whole lotta if's in that arguement, but in the real world someone isnt going to alert you 20ft away saying "Hey I have a knife, and Im about to get you!!!" No, its much more up close and personal. Which seems to be a current problem in your area of the world right now. Also honestly ask yourself, would you rather be stabbed up to death or shot? I think the answer is pretty clear on that one. Every statement about guns are dangerous, can be used for just about EVERYTHING man made. For example. A belt. Simple, useful to hold up "your knickers" and bundle things together. OR I can tie it around your neck and strangle you with it. Very dangerous weapon indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I guess what I'm really trying to get my head around is why there are 270,000,000 people with legal firearms in the US.

That's 270,000,000 people that feel threatened enough to carry a deadly weapon.

270,000,000 people that can't live life without the protection of a deadly weapon.

270,000,000 people who's lives would be unbearable and cave in if they didn't have the protection of a deadly weapon.

270 Million separate people.

Paronoid? You decide.

Bear in mind, these weapons can legaly be used agains't another human being in the event of "the decision being made".

Unlike most other countries where you can on use your weapon at a range.

I can't get my gun out and shoot away in Australia at a human and declare self defence

I can't get my gun out and shoot away in the UK at a human and declare self defence

I won't go on, but the list pretty much covers the whole of the civilised world.

So who do you need protection from? Yourselves America?

edit on 17-12-2012 by CaptainBeno because: vid

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

There arent 270,000,000 deaths in the U.S per day/year.

How many of those 270,000,000 are convicted murders that used the registerd gun?

How many of those are in rual areas where humans arent the problem, but deadly animals, you wouldnt wanna stuble upon without protection?

Everyone who owns a gun isnt a paranoid, gun ho cowboy that you people seem to try to make us out to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

Guns are made to kill.. its there purpose of creation
And that's what some people are doing with guns..
belts are created to keep your trousers up..
And that's what some people are doing with belts..
and Ive not heard about any belt massacres in a long while.. or ever.

How long does it take for one person to get stabbed without.. a whole bunch of people realising, running, screaming there heads off?

Compared to how long it takes a bunch of people to escape a round of fire?

(and bear in mind its also a lot harder to disarm someone with a gun)

edit on 17-12-2012 by TripleDoubleSingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What TrippleDoubleSingle said.............

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Deadly Animals? You mean Bears Right?

The latest figures show around 700 to 800 Bears in the lower 48, with another 2800 in Alaska.
But if you include the brown bear, which the grizzy is a race of, the numbers are 33000 in America, 300000 worldwide.

WOW! Scary figures.

We have very large salt water crocodiles here in Aus with a population in excess of 200,000 I don't see the need to kills them? Just net em and take em away?

Couldn't you just dart them? Or wouldn't that be manly?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Sighhhh, you're missing my point. But sure whatever you say. You're stuck in an anti-gun position, and thats your opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Considering I live basically by a national forrest in fl, Im talking A large variety of deadly snakes, large wild cats, bears, and alligators.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
All this "they're coming to take our guns" rhetoric is so tiring and lame.

Firearm mfg. and shooting sports are a multi billion dollar industry in America. We can't afford to do anything in this country to stifle business. Obama's not going to do that.

If guns are going to be confiscated, it will be by the right wing, fascists, conservatives that want total control of the populace because the of their Christian ideology and "my way or the highway" attitudes.

edit on 17-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not all guns are designed to kill.. in fact, many are designed for sport shooting.. idiot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Your saying you can use any object to murder somebody..

let me simplify..

If you have a gun.. your going to get the job done better and score more points.... you don't get a high kill count on Call Of Duty if you just try and run around knifing everyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
'Idiot America' wasn't coined without merit...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Video game references.. really?

You really are stupid. That game is combat oriented, if people couldn't kill with guns, they resort to other methods like poisons bio weapons or explosives

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleDoubleSingle

Your saying you can use any object to murder somebody..

let me simplify..

If you have a gun.. your going to get the job done better and score more points.... you don't get a high kill count on Call Of Duty if you just try and run around knifing everyone.

Actually sir, a bomb is going to get the job done better, and score more points as you put it. Also yes you can get a high kill count running around knifing everyone on Call of Duty (look on youtube). Quit trying to go to desperate lengths to prove your point.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

..................i'm not saying guns are only used for that NOW..
I know there's guns Nowadays made for sport! There INVENTED to begin with.. to kill
Or did I annoy you because you Loooove your collection of Nerf guns.. and like to go paint-balling on the weekend with the guuuuys....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I do tactical firearms training, yes, it is very very fun.

I have a few guns and believe it or not, I wake up every morning and they didn't grow legs and decide to shoot any one. Guess I lucked out on getting well mannered guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

oh my days you stubborn toddler..
Your going to re spawn on a game.. In real life tho.. your going to have a hard time running around slitting peoples throat without anyone noticing and without you getting shot or taken down and arrested.

a guns more effective for a lunatic..and yes your right probably a bomb.. if they new how to make one.. guess its just easier to grab a gun and shoot rounds and rounds into crowded areas.... end of story

edit on 17-12-2012 by TripleDoubleSingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleDoubleSingle
reply to post by ConspiraCity

..................i'm not saying guns are only used for that NOW..
I know there's guns Nowadays made for sport! There INVENTED to begin with.. to kill
Or did I annoy you because you Loooove your collection of Nerf guns.. and like to go paint-balling on the weekend with the guuuuys....

Hey, Ice cream is made to eat but guess what? I don't like to eat Ice cream. Guns are made to kill but guess what? I don't like to run around killing people either.

It doesn't matter what there made for, what matters is bad guys have them regardless of any laws we can legislate and more importantly so does the government, that makes it necessary for law abiding citizens who value the Constitution and freedom to have access to them as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
Considering I live basically by a national forrest in fl, Im talking A large variety of deadly snakes, large wild cats, bears, and alligators.

The most dangerous of all is a pack of feral dogs. Growing up out in the Middle-of-Nowhere, USA I've had the misfortune of learning that one first hand, though thankfully, without injury. Most everything else will run from you unless you corner them. Dogs? Not so much. They'll come after you.

At this stage of life, I know better than to walk the woods or out on the farm without a weapon.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join